Round Four Submissions

Moderators: Polaris Black, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Round Four Submissions

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 am

The final submissions are in! This round will determine the winner of Mx HOL 2017!

Kendra Givens was unfortunately unable to compete this week.

Review the submissions and vote for your favorite! It could decide the winner!
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Re: Round Four Submissions

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 am

Contestant: Shadow Gaunt

Judge/Host Questions

Which countries would you like to visit in your life and why?
I would really like to visit Britain, China, and Poland. I would like to visit China because I am taking Chinese in school and I really like Chinese culture and history. A trip to China would not only be extremely fun, but also help me with my language learning. I also want to experience Chinese food, culture, and life. I also wish to visit Britain. Mostly because a lot of our family friends are there, but also because I want to visit the "birthplace" of Harry Potter. Britain also has many historical landmarks and a rich history. Finally, I just really want to go to the King's Cross Shop (or something like that) and get a lot of Harry Potter merch. Finally, I would like to visit Poland. The first reason is that my grandmother lives there and that side of my family. Also I really want to go to the Hogwarts larp in Poland. I love larping, and although in my area there isn't a lot of it, there is still some.

If you could change one thing here at HOL what would it be?
One thing I would like to change at HOL is more RPG opportunities and better home page. In fact, I was turned away from HOL because of the homepage last year. Therefore, I feel like a more interesting and appealing homepage would be nice. Although, for not newcomers the homepage is very useful, newcomers may be repelled by it. I also think that having more RPG opportunities will definitely draw more newcomers. Having a designated space for RPGs, is quite fun more for not newcomers and appealing for newcomers.

Your body is very flexible. What is a thing you could be more flexible about in everyday life? Please explain.
One thing I want to be more flexible about is my schedule. I have a strange habit of either having an extremely rigid schedule, planning out every half hour or have no schedule absolutely. Therefore, I wish to be a bit more flexible when planning out a schedule but also less flexible, so that I always have one. I feel like having a schedule is very important to be able to do everything I need to do and everything I want to do. A schedule is also good to have for later life, and help me be more organized. However, having a too rigid schedule isn't fun and makes me not want to do a schedule. So a flexible schedule would be very nice to figure out how to create.

What do you think about Time-Turners? Are they useful, or the dangers they can bring are not worth it?
I think Time Turners are both very useful and very dangerous. Thus, I feel like a new branch of Time Turners should be invented. The new branch should be specifically designed for school life, thus there will be restrictions on the Time Turner and tracking and monitoring charms also. Time Turners are extremely useful, but they should be given out with caution. However, I feel like until Hogwarts offers a lot of courses it is easy to not use them. With the courses offered in the book Hogwarts, it is easier to drop a class or not take it than use a Time Turner. However, in a RL school or if Hogwarts' courses were based on a RL school, then a Time Turner is extreme useful and necessary. Yes, there are dangers, but if the only Time Turners that exist are such that are mentioned above, and with harsh repercussions for any who misuse Time Turners, the dangers become small and insignificant compared to the benefits.

Do you think Hogwarts should take Barty Crouch Jr.'s suggestion of showing the Dark Arts to the students so they can recognize it, or should they take Umbridge/The Ministry's suggestion of book learning only? Please explain your choice.
I think it should be a combination of both. Hogwarts should take Barty Crouch's suggestion because knowing your enemy means you can better defend yourself against it. It's like battling a disease. You first must know what the disease is, and then try to battle it. However, it must not go in depth or kids, easily susceptible will be drawn to the dark arts, and go dark or become a dark lord. In class, you also need to know the theory. Without theory there is no point to a class. Even a class such as physical education has to have some theory behind it. Since Defense Against the Dark Arts is a spells class, theory is extremely important. However, too much theory and there is no useful real life application. Thus, a combination of both theory, learning about the Dark Arts, and the defense part of class, is the best way to go with teaching Denfense Against the Dark Arts.

We've seen a lot of your flexibility (very impressive!) during this competition. What is another talent you have and how did you acquire it?
Another talent I have is cubing or solving Rubik's Cubes. I actually first was really interested in puzzles and logic puzzles. Until about sixth grade I had two puzzle books at home from which I constantly solved problems and puzzles. I loved engaging my mind and I love to do that even more today. Around the end of sixth grade my friend brought in a 3 by 3 Rubik's cube. I asked to borrow it for a day, and actually solved a large part of it (about 2/3). I was immediately hooked. I tried to borrow the cube for one more day, but my friend declined saying I would break it (I did break 2 Cubes already so maybe she was right). Thus, I went home and asked for a Rubik's cube for my next birthday. Thus, in half a year I got a Rubik's cube. I was ecstatic and tried to figure out how to solve it. It took me about a month to perfect all my algorithms, but at the en of January I was done. That started my Rubik's cube craze and for the next 5 years I have been hooked on them. I usually carry around a cube I don't know how to solve, so whenever I have free time I try and solve it. A cube in my mind is about as important as a book. I now how to solve over 10 cubes, with the cubes on my website being my best. Two years ago I was very interested in speed cubing and had a time of about 25 seconds for a 3 by 3 cube. Now, it is about 40 seconds, maybe 30 seconds max. During that period of time, I enrolled in a competition. My area doesn't have many competitions, only about 1 per year. However, with my time of 25 seconds (a bit more) I still won. Now, I'm not as interested in speed cubing, as in figuring out new ways to solve Rubik's cubes. I like the aspect of using my mind in creative ways, and creating patterns on the cube, more appealing now than practicing fast solving over and over again.

As someone who joined HOL Virtual Hogwarts and did not find it particularly engaging initially, what happened that made you the active and immersed student you are today?
In the beginning I wasn't as engaged in HOL because I was also in other online/virtual Hogwarts. I was trying out my options, seeing what was best. I also didn't look in the HOL forums that much which meant that I only saw the homepage, and the HOL forum. That kind of turned me away, because the home site of HOL, although quite interesting, didn't seem like something I'd like. So, I went away from it and in the spring term didn't really even go on. Only in late October of this year did I find HOL again as I was going through my old bookmarks. More so, I found the forums and immediately realized that there's much more to do in HOL than I originally thought. I found the games and the surplus of activities on HOL. I immediately wanted to "rejoin" HOL. Thus, I slowly became more and more engaged in HOL and am now very active.

Fashion

I actually drew two outfits. The first outfit, a casual outfit I would wear inside. The top is a pastel yellow flowery turtleneck sweater. It is extremely comfy and despite what anyone else says about it being hippie like, it is positive and super comfortable. I actually have two sweaters, a Ravenclaw sweater, and that one. The bottom are blue pants, not sweatpants, not jeans, not khaki. Something like sweatpants but very thin material. I don't like jeans nor khaki pants, they're too restricted. I love sweatpants and pants that are very flexible and easy to wear outside. The pants and sweater correlate very well. In case you haven't noticed, I love pastel colors. My wardrobe is full of pastel colors except for socks. I also always wear pink and purple socks. Any design. As long as they're electric and stand out. For some inexplainable reason I love bright neon socks.

The second outfit is a party outfit, all Ravenclaw colors and black. Although in actuality I don't have these colors, I over exaggerated the tones. I don't like parties when there's too much people, I like when there's no more than 10-20. So when I go to a party with over 50 people that my friends have brought me too, I enjoy the snacks and sit in a corner and read. I usually am able to go through 1-2 books during that time. Thus, I try to dress as dark as possible, navy blue and black tones. I try to dress still party style, but more dark tones. Although I do not have such a skirt, I do always wear black pants. The top is a regular navy blue shirt with a blue poncho over it. I love ponchos and am in constant need of them since I easily freeze. The bottom are heels that I wear anywhere fancy, that look cool and ARE COMFY.

Other Questions

What potion would you most like to swim in and why?
I most want to swim in Polyjuice with and without a hair in it. I want to see whether it will work on me if I'm just swimming in it, not drinking it. Then I wish to conduct an experiment about my results. Really, have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn't drink a potion, but swam in it. Will it still be in effect? I think Polyjuice is one of the best for such an experiment.

You are trapped in a room with a niffler, a crystal ball, and a quick quotes quill. How do you escape?
I always wanted a niffler so I'm taking it with me. A crystal ball can also be sold for a lot of money so I'm also taking that with me. I'm breaking the quill in half. Taking both halves and putting them together I make a whole. I take the niffler and the crystal ball and go through the hole (whole).

true or false: hot chocolate is the best winter beverage.
Hot chocolate is indeed the best winter beverage but only if it is powder with milk (not water), with tiny marshmallows that melt, and a small spring of peppermint. Classic, but amazing. No more words needed.

Which Hogsmeade shop has the best holiday sales?

Scrivenshaft's most definitely has the best holiday sales. Although Honeydukes comes in close seconds, Scrivenshaft's products are the most useful and needed. I, going through several pages a day, will definitely need extra parchment and quills. Especially I like doodling all over the page, and although my doodles look like chicken scratches, it really helps me to calm down.

What was the best thing that happened to you today?

The best thing that happened to me today was an interactive viewing of Star Wars The Last Jedi. When I arrived, I got a bag of stuff. Inside was a small bag of snacks including Mily Ways (my favorite), GUMMY WORMS, and a script which was pretty much highlighting all the important parts of the movie and what to say during them. (For example if anyone said Jakarta we had to say "More like Jack-ew" and high five someone nearby). Inside the bag were also props, just some basic Star Wars merch and homemade figurines. There was 10 of us there, and it was amazing.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 am

Contestant: Will Lestrange

Judge/Host Questions

HOL Quidditch is very Quaffle-centric. How would you change Snitch and Quaffle play so that they would be equal in value and importance?
My first thought is that it makes sense that Quidditch emphasizes Quaffle more simply because Quaffle represents the work of nearly the entire team while Snitch merely represents the work of a single person - and why shouldn't the gameplay of 2-6 people matter more than the gameplay of a single person? That said, last June I read a great article in Serpentimes by a Head of my House, Cody Lewis, on the state of the Snitch - and one of Cody's points was that very few Seekers actually get to catch Snitches these days! Therefore, the way I would bring Quaffle and Snitch into balance would address another goal as well: welcoming more people (both new and established Seekers) into the world of Snitchplay.

The best way I can think of to solve these problems is to create a place where Snitch exists completely separately from Quaffle: regular Snitch tournaments open to all (compared to, say, only having one person in each house Seek). We already have an environment like this two months out of the year: in our Summer Quidditch League (which last year took the form of a Quidditch World Cup), Quidditch matches are normally played with the Quaffle only. Seeking is done through a tournament: everyone, regardless of team, can sign up, and both old and new Seekers are guaranteed more time with the Snitch than a full-time Seeker normally gets in a regular season. Here, the Snitch is not an afterthought in a larger match but a very fun, independent event in its own right! I would love to see Snitch tournaments during the academic year as well: the more chances we all have to capture Snitches, the better!

How do you think your life has changed since you have joined HOL?
When I joined HOL, I was a brash, unpolished first year. Although I had potential and charisma, I wasn't familiar enough with the school to know exactly how things were done. Combining that with the cockiness of being a Lestrange and I'd often be convinced that my way was the best way to do everything (yet sometimes I wouldn't be bold enough to challenge others when I thought they were wrong). Possibly my biggest regret at the time was not getting to know the promising first years in other houses - especially when so many star students joined nearly exactly the same time as me!

Over the years, I have gotten much more confident in my own skin here. Both through proving myself (in the classroom and on the Quidditch pitch) and becoming a role model and leader to others (both for my house and in the community as a whole), I've had the chance to make my voice heard without being too arrogant or forceful. While before my instincts might have been to hurl some Dark magic at a problem, I have come to realize that there are better ways to work through difficulties!

Besides Quidditch and Slytherin, what do you like about the Magical World?
I assume that we're looking for something broader than flying in general (which you may think of by the letter string "mIRC"). That said, although I wasn't expecting this to be the case at all, one of my favorite parts of this school has been the classes!

When I started here, I thought I just wanted to play Quidditch - but was quickly informed that this place was not just a Quidditch pitch but an entire school (and that people needed to make the grade in order to play on the field). I quickly found an assortment of five classes, with all four houses represented as teachers, covering fun topics from languages to puzzles to Defense Against the Dark Arts!

Ever since that term, I have continued to find a new assortment of exciting classes to choose from. Working on these classes gave me quite a few interesting assignments: from the fun (games and puzzles come to mind - there was even one class where I had to beat a simulated opponent in a game called "Senet", first played millennia ago in ancient Egypt) to the ones that make me dig deeper (essays that require me to really think about a topic; as I write them I end up learning more about myself as well as the subject matter).

Even the dreaded OWL exams, which I am taking this year, have been surprisingly enjoyable so far: I felt that I was very well prepared for the exams so far by my earlier coursework; when writing about the structure of the runes, Arithmantic readings, the night sky, and the relation between wands and Charms, I smiled when I realized how much sense these magical concepts made!

What would you do if you were Minister of Magic for a day?
One of the biggest issues facing the British Wizarding World is its isolation. With only a few thousand British witches and wizards in total, there often seem to be very few options for us to move forward. We are also at risk of charismatic demagogues taking over and wreaking havoc on the general population. Think about the days of Lord Voldemort: he never had more than a hundred Death Eaters; yet the Death Eaters he did have proved powerful enough to have undue influence on the entire British Wizarding population!

As Minister of Magic, my main goal would be to improve diplomatic relationships between the magical community of Great Britain and the rest of the Wizarding world so that our community can be broader and more forward-looking. Historically, the only ways that we had contact with the rest of the world was through the Muggle side - as the Muggle community in the UK is more globally minded than the Wizarding community here. In fact, until about two years ago, most of us didn't even know that American wizards were educated at Ilvermorny, on the eastern side of the US (I had always thought that they studied near the Pacific Ocean and their school was called the "Wizarding College of Los Angeles"; clearly I had no contact with the American wizarding community in those days). I believe we can learn a lot from foreign witches and wizards, and establishing relationships with them would give our world chances to evolve without having to resort to thinking like Muggles!

What kind of circumstances would have to be in place for you to make an Unbreakable Vow?
After reading this question, I have done research on Unbreakable Vows to try to find a scenario where it would possibly help me out to cast one; however, the more I think about it, the less I can imagine ever wanting to cast one. After all, I am already very loath to give my word because I hate promising things that I can't deliver. In fact, I normally err on the side of under-promising: saying "there's a 50 percent chance I can make it here" when the truth is that a lot would have to go wrong to stop me from being able to make it out there. So, when my word is already reliable, there seems to be no advantage in really tying my hands to the fire... except when trying to convince someone that I am indeed trustworthy.

Even if I'm trying to prove my word to someone else, though, I feel that an Unbreakable Vow would be much more trouble than it's worth. The few times I'd break my word would be due to circumstances beyond my control - or because I learned that what I planned on doing had much more cost than initially anticipated (e.g. I could promise Plan A, but learn later that Plan B is much more effective). In that case, all the Unbreakable Vow would do would restrict my choice - and in certain cases, kill me for being unable to do something that proved impossible. Why would I want to risk that just to win the favor of someone who still doesn't really trust me?

Therefore, I must say that I could never imagine a scenario in which I would agree to an Unbreakable Vow.

Slytherin often has fewer participants and active students than the other three houses. As someone who is competing to represent their house, how do you think this can be addressed and why?
The problem of there being a shortage of Slytherins is not unique to our school. I think the root cause is that people don't really understand what Slytherin really stands for as a house: because the most famous Slytherin in the past century was Lord Voldemort, many people think that his beliefs are what Slytherins as a whole value. This is exacerbated by the fact that most Death Eaters ended up being Slytherin, a natural consequence of the fact that people are more likely to follow a leader from their own house than one from another house.

I think it's important that prospective students here be made aware that Slytherin values are wildly different from Lord Voldemort's values: ambition (in the sense of being goal-oriented and working to achieve great things), cunning (meaning that people actually plan to achieve their goals), and loyalty to one's own (true Slytherin friendships are very close and hard to break; they are not fake 'friendships' marked by backstabbing); not ruthlessness, evil, and immortality at all costs!

In my ideal world, before people get Sorted and choose their houses, they would be able to read up on what makes each house tick, written by members of that house. To a prospective student, seeing actual Slytherins explain what makes their house great and why they love being Slytherins might be enough to change people's minds and get a steady flow of amazing Slytherins into the school. And from there, of course, success begets success... people with Slytherin traits naturally are drawn to winners - and when they start seeing Slytherins as winners, they'll be more likely to end up in the dungeons!

If you had been one of the founders of HOL Virtual Hogwarts, what do you think your role would have been and how would things be different today?
It always amazes me that this school is half a year older than I am! Trying to imagine what the school was like back in 2001 when it was first being founded is always a bit challenging. If I was old enough back then to be a founder, I have to imagine that I would have been the original head of Slytherin House. As head of Slytherin, I would likely make it clear what Slytherin actually stands for (as I explained in the previous question). Defying tradition, I'd resort to Muggle means: 2001 was the year that a Muggle named "J.L. Mathews" began writing a series called "Slytherin Rising", which was a representation of Hogwarts from the point of view of a few invented Slytherin characters two years ahead of Harry Potter. This Muggle may have invented clunky terms like "Verts-et-Argents" for the house, but she managed to understand Slytherin values better than most inside the house. As such, I would make her work required reading for newer Slytherins to instill proper house values and pride. And I think that this would carry over into the House even today!

Of course, this answer would not be complete without bringing Quidditch into the picture. In those days, professors and House heads could not play on their House team, but they could coach. I would therefore be the first coach of the Slytherin Quidditch Team, doing what I could to create a winning tradition in the House early on. This would boost Slytherin's reputation as well, making the house even better in the long term!

Finally, I must stress that the traditional Slytherin house pets, Basil and Malumbrabas, have always been great additions to the house. I would make sure to acquire them in the exact same way that the house had done in real time. And the Giant Squid? I'd have to find a way to claim her without flooding the dungeons... ;)

Fashion
My outfits from left to right are eveningwear, swimwear, and my school robes. These days, even many otherwise proud Purebloods prefer to walk around with clothes that look as "Muggle" as possible. By contrast, I prefer a look that makes it clear exactly who I am. The main pieces of my outfit are upscale wizarding robes and dark pants in my usual preferred dark colors. My shoes are designed to be fancy but comfortable, as needed for walking around the school. But I've broken my color scheme a bit to reflect house pride, with a Slytherin tie and ring. And for the final piece in my outfit: what would a wizard be without his wand?

Other Questions

I tried to find a potion that would be safe, even when consumed in large quantities. Unfortunately, even the most docile-seeming potions end up having side effects in large doses. Therefore, if I had to swim in a potion, I would insist on swimming on my back (what the Muggles call "backstroke") to avoid large amounts of potion ending up in my mouth.

Now that I'm on my back, I now need to only worry about reactions of the potion against my skin. The Draught of Peace seems to be the safest and most comfortable potion when it comes to contact with the human skin: if the potion was caustic or harmful in any way, I can't imagine it putting drinkers at peace! I feel a backstroke swim in the Draught of Peace would be about as comfortable and relaxing as swimming in any potion could be.

You are trapped in a room with a niffler, a crystal ball, and a quick quotes quill. How do you escape?
Since I know I'm going to escape, a perfect view of the future would show my escape. Therefore, if I stared at the crystal ball and thought about my escape, my Divination skills would show how to escape.

In case the escape procedure ended up being somewhat complicated to the point I might not be able to memorize it immediately, I would use my Quick-Quotes Quill to write what I see on my hands (filling in details I wouldn't think to write of on my own). I could then escape simply by reading what appeared on my hands and following the instructions.

But what about the niffler? Because it's stated in the question, I assume that part of these instructions would enlist the niffler somehow. For example, my escape might require asking the niffler to use his shiny-finding skills to dig for a key which I could then use to escape the room. Regardless, though, I'm sure that the instructions I wrote with the quill would tell me exactly how the niffler would help me out!

Although I love the taste of chocolate, I don't think that hot chocolate is the best winter beverage. While hot chocolate can be delicious when made well, it's ruined more often than not: either by drowning out the taste of chocolate with bland milk (often to the point that it tastes like a medicinal Muggle beverage called "Ovaltine") or by being raised to such a temperature that the heat blocks out the taste of the chocolate.

My favorite holiday beverage is mulled mead. Unlike hot chocolate, which dilutes the taste of chocolate with milk, mulled mead's heating process only serves to concentrate the taste of the delicious mead. Yes, spices are added to the mead, but they tend to enhance the flavor of the mead instead of competing with it.

And even though I'm well-known for loving chocolate? Chocolate actually goes very well with mulled mead, as long as the chocolate is eaten (say, in bar or cake form) rather than diluted with milk.

The best holiday sales at Hogsmeade would probably be found at Honeydukes. Honeydukes would sell many delicious, seasonally appropriate magical candies that are only available in or near December. This is, of course, added to their already-prodigious selection of tasty sweets that are available during the year and make the shop even more tempting for passers-by. I have a feeling that I'm not alone in my assessment, though: whenever I try going down to Honeydukes in December, I find the store mobbed by throngs of visitors, all of whom are seeking the same types of sales that I am! That's why I have learned - from experience - to use owl-order to get my Honeydukes candy supply in December... the candy tastes even better if I don't have to wait in line for it!

I should begin by pointing out that I am writing this answer on December 14, 2017 in HOL time. Today began very well for me because just three and a half hours after midnight, it was time for me to host one of our school's pickup Quidditch sessions! Pickup Quidditch has a reputation for being exciting, especially when the Quod comes out and explodes on random players, knocking them from the game. Today's games did not disappoint: in barely half an hour, the Quod exploded no fewer than twenty-five times, providing a fireworks display that was a pleasure to behold for any observer! Witnessing all of those explosions, even the four that knocked me out of the game, has to count as the best thing that happened to me today. That said, I was going to name a very tasty hot chocolate drink (which managed to avoid the tendency of tasting like Muggle medicine) as a "very close second" until I realized that I sipped that beverage an hour after midnight, so it was technically on the 15th in HOL time.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 am

Contestant: Shiloh Adlar

Judge/Host Questions

Dobby's death and its mourning had the attention of several pages in the book, while some more featured characters' deaths barely had a paragraph. Do you think Dobby's death was overplayed? Why, why not?
For every writer, I believe there is a reason to what they do. Dobby certainly played a large role in helping Harry Potter along. I think what made Dobby different was that he stepped out of his place as a house elf to fight alongside Harry and his friends. He was loyal to Harry and they had a special bond because of Harry freeing him from the Malfoys. We see Dobby helping Harry throughout the years at Hogwarts. We also see how Harry helped Dobby along now that he was a free elf. Harry and Dobby became real friends and the bond they shared was stronger than mere loyalty. It was a bond that was forged from understanding, appreciation and love for someone different than yourself. Dobby gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect Harry and the others in the seventh book, and I think that death meant a lot to all of them. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Luna had all grown to love Dobby as Dobby had grown to love them. And on that day, that bond was lost.

Another very important note to make is that this is a true turning point for Harry as well. Harry decides to dig Dobby's grave without magic. I can imagine this would be a very painful experience, but in this experience, Harry learns what it means to completely shut out his mind like Snape had been trying to teach him the year before.

If I had more time to study it, I am sure I could find other lessons that are learned from his death including equality in what was written on Dobby's tombstone. Here Lies Dobby a Free Elf. So no, in answer to this question, I do not think the death was overplayed.

What does music mean to you?
Music is very important to me just like dance. Both are intimate forms of expression which is why they complement each other. With dance, I am able to express myself through body language. "The body says what words cannot." And this is a beautiful thing when I need to get things out, however, sometimes what I have to say does need words. It is something that I feel in my heart that I want to let out in the open. This is where my songwriting comes in. When it comes to music without lyrics, I think music in itself is the rhythm of one's soul. When I listen to music play, I can feel the emotion in it through my body. The beat of my heart will beat in time, and I will feel physical sensations based on the tempo, key changes and notes. When I say that music can move me, I don't mean just dance. I mean it literally changes my body sensations to it's sound. It moves me on the inside.

If you could change a thing about the HP story, what would it be and why?
This is a tough question for me simply because I think the story is perfect the way it is. However, I will tell you a story of a conversation I had with a friend of mine. There was a debate going on about who you would bring back to life, Albus Dumbledore or Severus Snape. While I loved both characters and they each had very difficult deaths for me, I think Snape's hit me the hardest. Snape lived a very difficult life. He was an outcast who lost the only woman he loved to one of his most hated enemies. He was bitter and found friends that led him to the "dark side." He was loyal to Voldemort until Voldemort set out to kill Lily. At that point, he did everything he could to help protect her. Snape lived a secret life for so long after that, working for the Order but pretending to be a loyal servant still to the Dark Lord, a role which he played perfectly. Even though he made mistakes, he admitted them and he did what he could to atone. Yes, he was bitter to Harry when he came to school, but coming from someone who had a bullied childhood, it can sometimes be difficult to understand that not everyone is the same. Harry was not his father. But still, Snape protected him because he loved his mother.

I think Snape's story is such a fascinating one, and I know that I knew there would be something big with him when he was introduced, but I had no idea just how big that would get. When he killed Dumbledore, I went into shock. Partly because Dumbledore was just killed off but then also because Snape could not do such a thing. He would not do such a thing. Would he? When his secret was told, that large kept secret, I was in tears. Watching that part of the movie brings me to tears every time.

I would bring back Snape in a heartbeat if it meant that he had the chance to live life not in the shadows anymore, to be recognized as the hero he became. Though it was partly on Snape that Harry became The Boy Who Lived, in the end, he did everything he could to make that mistake right again, sacrificing much, including his life, to do so.

How would you diminish the discrimination due to blood-status (pure blood, half-blood, muggle-born)?
Where I'm from, and I know in other parts of the world, there are many issues with race. Just like one cannot control their blood status, one cannot control the race they are born as. It is decided for us before we're even born based on who our parents are. However, this does not change the fact that we are all human and as humans, we all make mistakes. We all have feelings. We all have a need to food, water, and shelter. We have the right to health, an opinion and to be happy. So why does it matter what skin color we are or what blood status we have? Does it truly change who I am at my core? A human with all of these things? It doesn't.

So why do people continuously put down a population that they feel are inferior to them but when it comes down to it, are their equals as human beings. A person's value does not change based on external factors. When I think of blood-status, I consider this an external factor placed on one by another and this is because the magical community has made it an external factor. One's status cannot determine their ability as a witch or wizard or what they'll accomplish in the world. It simply describes their parentage just as it is done with a person's race.

To diminish this discrimination, I think it is very important to open a forum for discussion. It is an issue that needs to be talked about just like the race issue where I'm from needs to be talked about. More than that, action, and I do mean peaceful action should be taken when necessary. I always think of Rosa Parks. If you do not know who she is, she was a beautiful muggle woman who lived here in the United States. She was also black. During a period of time, "people of color" were made to sit at the back of the bus. When the whites-only section was filled, Parks refused to give up her seat in the "colored" section to a white passenger and was arrested. She peacefully stood up for herself by not letting society tell her that she was inferior to someone just because of her race.

Speaking of blood status, I think Hermione Granger is an excellent example. Though she was muggle-born, she was said to be "the brightest witch of her age." You also have examples of pure-blooded students who could barely pass, such as Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. Then you have Harry Potter who was a half-blood and world famous in the magic community. There have been many others in the muggle community that had they not done what they did, we would have lost so many brilliant talents and skills simply because of the color of their skin. Imagine how many talented and skilled wizards who could discover new spells or even a cure for currently non-curable diseases we could have lost had muggle-borns been purged from our society. Had it not been for Hermione Granger, Harry Potter may very well not have survived his first year after that run in with Devil's Snare, and the world we know now would be a dark, frightful wasteland.

We all know Salazar had the Chamber of Secrets. There is a lot of speculation that Helga Hufflepuff created a room that would be available to anyone who needs it (Room of Requirement). What kind of place do you think the other two founders had?
With Rowena Ravenclaw, I think her room would be a massive library with every book you could imagination. There would not only be books from the magical world but also from the muggle world because Ravenclaws want to know everything about everything. I think perhaps Godric Gryffindor may have had a dueling hall. This would not be to encourage dueling between students but similarly to what Harry did with Dumbledore's Army, it would be a place for students to practice their skills. I also think this "dueling hall" would have some sort of obstacle course that only the brave would dare try. Gryffindors would challenge each other on it for the fastest time without realizing that they were really building their confidence up to succeed at difficult tasks.

Throughout the competition you have mentioned your struggles with confidence. Name five things you like about yourself and why you like them.

I am going to be honest with you and say that this was the hardest question out of all of the ones I received. I have rolled this question around and around in my mind since I first saw it and it led me to struggling with the rest of the questions I was given. I simply could not stop worrying about this question right here. How am I going to answer this? What do I like about myself? Is it selfish to like something about myself? Should I like something about myself? Is there anything about me to actually like?

Before, I may have said no. In fact, I think I have told someone that in the past, perhaps Kyrie or Arielle. What is there to like about me? Why do people like me anyway? What is so special about me?

After a lot of thought, and I do mean about a week's worth (and in the grand scheme of things, I've been working on this question for over a year), I have come to this conclusion. First, it is not selfish to like something about yourself. It's not as if I'm saying I'm the best dancer in the world and everyone else is terrible. But what I will say is that I like my ability to hear a piece of music and turn it into a work of art that is uniquely mine from my body that can do incredible things.

Second, what I like about myself doesn't have to be physical. I've struggled with this the most. Not a lot of people know but I took an extended leave from HOL last year because I became very ill. During this period of time, my body went through some crazy changes. I was unable to dance or do much physical activity at all without making my condition worse. I was stuck in a bed more often than not and due to this, my dancer's physique deteriorated. I lost muscle mass, lost a ton of weight due to the illness before being able to gain it all back and in places I least expected it. I haven't been able to really dance since. It has nothing to do with the fact that I just don't want to anymore. It's painful for me not to dance. But I hate that I no longer look like right. I have tried to find different things to say of, well, I like my eyes, I guess but the rest of me...not so sure about anymore. So instead, I am able to look inside of myself and say that I like that I am strong. I got myself through something physically and emotionally difficult to handle, but I pushed through it so I could come back healthy and ready to take on the world. (And I do plan to take on the world).

Third, I have had to re-frame my thoughts of what people used to say to me when I was growing up. I was bullied a lot in school so my self-esteem, without dance and my brother, would have probably been zero. However, that experience and previous experiences similar to it have lead me to being the person that I am today. It is hard to find people in the world that are completely open and understanding and live their lives through kindness and love. This is something that I do. Although I may get frustrated, I remind myself that there are things out of everyone's control. While I have been told that a lot of this will allow people to walk over me when they realize how I am, I still like the fact that I do have an understanding and caring heart as well as the ability to live with love.

Fourth, I'm not the greatest at many things. One of those things is art. As you will see in the second part of this round, I drew my own outfit. I used a speed increase in order to shorten it to a view-able length, but the long version is also available at 24 minutes. At the beginning, I say something on the order of, I am not good at art. It is not my strong point, but I'm doing it anyway because I can. Then I start laughing at myself but not in a mean way. I'm having fun. I can accept that I'm not good at art but still enjoying doing it. And if I can say so, I think it turned out rather well in the end.

Fifth, and this is a very important one to me, I like that I can make people smile. My goal each day is to put a smile on at least one person's face, and if I can do that, then I know I gave my life meaning that day. I never thought about this as being something I could like about myself, but really, it's not something that everyone can do even if we do all have the ability. I want to make a difference in people's lives and this is very powerful. We never know what someone else is going through, but if I can help them to smile, then maybe I gave them a reason to keep going and that is worth everything.

As someone who is dealing with a really full plate both in and out of HOL Virtual Hogwarts, what advice would you give a student who struggles to get it all done?
Learn how to say no. This is very important. Never take on more than what you know you can handle. I think it is wise to know your own limitations so you don't stress yourself out and life isn't enjoyable anymore. It is also very important to prioritize. Make a list of what needs to be done first and then from there continue prioritizing with medium and low priorities. Keep a calendar or a planner. Write down the due dates for when everything has to be done or turned in and plan around them. Because I know what my real life schedule is going to look like, or have a good idea of what it will look like, it allows me to schedule my tasks for HOL around it.

It is also good to not beat yourself up if you can't complete a task. This is why I love prioritizing. HOL always comes second to real life and sometimes I don't have time for everything. I missed the first week of BBO in the Roost. I have also missed many trivia questions in the Dungeons as well as one of the week's activities. I have posted later than I would have preferred in the Sett which earned me less diamonds. But the thing is, these activities, as fun as they are, have lower priorities for me. I don't earn house points for them. No one is going to be caught off guard if I don't do them. I won't be lying to someone by not holding up my part of the responsibility by not doing them. So it's okay if I can't get to them.

I do set a lot of goals for myself which I think is also important to keep up your motivation levels, but don't set the goals too high so you're not upset if you can't reach them. Also, have a good reason of why you've picked that particular goal to set. I know many of us set goals at the beginning of the year on the HOL Forum, and those goals give me the motivation I need to complete what I'm completing. I focus on them and the other stuff comes around if it can.

Remember, you are the only one who knows when it's too much. Check in with yourself daily, and again, never be afraid to say no. When you can say that, you'll find that life becomes much easier.

Fashion
Here is a video of the work in progress. Be sure to read the description for more detail and for a link to simple photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGcvkVa28T8

Other Questions

Dr Ubbly's Oblivious Unction because it heals injuries that are caused by thoughts. Thoughts can leave many unseen scars which can lead to a decreased life span, low self-esteem, self-doubt and dangerous behavior as a way to cope. Thoughts can consume a person to the degree that they are unable to function. I've mentioned before how I was bullied throughout school and about a trauma previous to that one, and the thoughts I was left with after things were said have left deep wounds that no one can see. Although many of them are in the process of healing, it never hurts to get a little help.

What if I'm the niffler? For those who don't know, that's my new IRC nickname, and I still have no idea how it started. Let's assume I'm the niffler because Shiloh likes shiny things and can be very nifty as well. Maybe that will help me to escape, my niftiness. Is that even a word? So first I'm going to take the crystal ball because it's shiny and then I'm going to take the quill and use it as a lockpick. Maybe it's not that creative, but you know what, I bet a niffler could find a way to unlock a door with a quill and keep the crystal ball intact while she was at it.

I am going to say false as for my personal preference, even though I do have a recipe for raw vegan hot chocolate. My favorite winter beverage is raw vegan egg nog which is simply pecan, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla blended with water. So good and it tastes like the holidays.

If it's the holidays, it certain to be Honeydukes or Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. People love to buy sweets, but I think Scrivenshaft's would have good sales as well because people will be wanting to write the best letters possible to their family and friends and Scrivenshaft's has all the supplies to help witches and wizards do so.

I was volunteering at a hospice center, and there's a young girl whose family I've gotten to know rather well the past couple of weeks. The little girl and I have really fun conversations about a lot of different things, yes, Harry Potter included. She had a check up the other day and the results did not come back as the family was hoping. When I saw her, the room felt heavy like no one really knew what to say, but when I walked in, she smiled before telling me what they found out. It was hard to hear, but then she gave me a big hug and told me that because she had met me, it was worth being where she was. It made my heart melt in a way I didn't know possible, and I wasn't even able to come home after I left though I had a bit of a break between then and work. I went to one of my favorite places in the city and just sat there and cried. But the tears weren't simply because of the bad news, it was because of what she said, and it is one thing that popped into my mind when writing my previous answers about being able to make people smile. Even though that girl is going through a very difficult time, I was able to make it easier for her and her days brighter the two weeks that I've known her. That simple realization has already changed me, and it only makes me want to work harder to be there for someone else when the time comes.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 am

Contestant: Amanda P.X. Sim

Judge/Host Questions

What have you learned from this competition?
- Well, first of all I have learned that I should work on providing more comprehensive answers to questions, as that has been commented about for a few times. In the beginning I intended my answers to be more brief and precise like in a real-life face-to-face interview, so I kept things fun and simple, but eventually I learned that people were interested in finding out more about the candidates' responses since it is all written responses, so I am trying to work on that, especially in this round. The second thing I learnt, or rather, observed from this competition is that everyone is so talented and unique in their very own way, I myself find it tough to decide on who is the best sometimes. Each of us has our own set of qualities and skills, although there may be times when we find ourselves lacking in certain aspects, I think it's important to understand that there will always be room for improvement, and just because we aren't the best in certain areas, doesn't mean that we aren't better in other things. Ultimately I feel that those who are really dedicated and put in a lot of hard work deserve to earn the crown.

What is your favorite personal belonging?

- My favourite personal belonging would be my piano. The secondhand instrument is the most expensive physical thing that my parents have ever gotten for me (not including the piano lessons that I took throughout my childhood) and they worked really hard to save up enough for this gift which I received when I was about five years old. I can still vividly remember the day the piano arrived at my house - it was probably in the morning and I had just woken up when my mum told me to go downstairs to see a surprise. So I stood at the staircase looking down at the living room below, where the piano guys carefully placed the big black instrument against the white wall. Since then, I had my very own instrument and a musical skill too, which I am really grateful to my parents for. When I was young my parents would accompany me during my daily piano practices at night, I would have a notebook with a list of songs to practice, and they would help me count the number of times I practised a single song to make it perfect. As I grew older, I took piano examinations, and this piano assisted me in passing my exams as I practised my pieces on it all the time. There were also family gatherings when my cousins and I would take turns to perform a song or two for the entire family, and share our favourite music sheets with each other. During the last year of my high school, my best friend and I even composed a song on this piano together. This piano followed my entire family when we moved house twice, and it's still standing in the living room today, with an old metronome on top. Even though it is just a physical item, my piano sure holds a lot of fond memories throughout the course of my life, hence to me, it is a treasure of a lifetime.

What item from the HP universe would you most like to have and why?
- I would definitely most like to have the time turner. I understand the fact that everyone on earth has 24 hours a day, it just depends on how we use it, but I've always struggled with trying to make the most out of the time I have, and yet constantly feel that time is running by too quickly and I don't have enough of it. Perhaps it is because I have so many to-do things on my list, so many interests and hobbies and things to learn which I have not been able to achieve yet, and I'm striving to do that in order to live a fulfilling life with no regrets. I've always imagined myself balancing real life and HOL as "time-turning" in between both worlds, so if I had a real time turner, I would be able to have extra time to learn various skills, languages, and enjoy all sorts of different activities, just like how Hermione managed to study extra subjects during her Third Year at Hogwarts. Time travel is a mind-boggling concept and is considered impossible in real life now, which is also why I chose this item among many other magical items from the HP universe.

Which is the importance of studying History of Magic? Or is it not important? Why?
- I personally believe that studying History of Magic is just as important as muggles studying world history. People usually live in the present and are concerned about the future, so why should people study about the past when things have already happened and are over? As the saying goes, studying history is important because it allows us to understand our past, which in turn allows us to understand our present. In the context of History of Magic, during the time when Harry was studying there, Hogwarts students in the other three houses seemed to have a bad impression on Slytherin students. This behaviour of the present can be explained by the fact that a number of wizards and witches who "turned bad" or used dark magic in the past happened to originate from Slytherin house, but in actual fact, that does not mean that every member of Slytherin is doomed to be evil. In history there is an abundance of information on people, societies, and culture that can help us understand change, and learn how occurences and experiences of the past form the society we live in today. An example in History of Magic would be the creation of MACUSA. It was after the famous Salem Witch Trials of 1962-63, which caused a tragic loss of life among innocent witches and No-Majs alike, and led to variations in the magical population of North America, that the North American wizarding community finally came together to create laws and establish a wizarding government of their own. Without all the detailed information about these events in history, we would not be able to clearly understand the purpose of MACUSA's establishment and how the peaceful relationship between No-Majs and the wizarding community today came about. History also allows us to learn about our own identity. For example, Harry learns more about his own identity after obtaining knowledge of how his parents (especially his mother) died protecting him, how he got his scar, and how he is somehow destined to defeat Lord Voldemort. All of that is considered as history, even if it is not read from Bathilda Bagshot's book. Last but not least, the stories of individuals and situations in history allows us to hone our own moral values. These tales of the past describe real life complexities individuals have faced in difficult settings. It is through these historical circumstances that we can gain inspiration from the great men and women of history who have successfully worked through moral dilemmas and struggled through adversity, and learn from them when facing our own challenges in the future.

Please describe your wand(s) and why it is (they are) suited to you.
- I got a wand from the wand shop in HOL Hogsmeade, which is a 9.75" Vine and Chimaera Scale wand, but I'm not too sure about that wand myself. So instead of that, I would like to talk about the Ollivander's wand I purchased from Diagon Alley during the year I entered Hogwarts. My wand is made of hazel wood, unicorn tail hair core and is 11’5’’ inches long. I always believe that ‘the wand chooses the wizard’, and I think my wand suits my inner-self pretty well. Now, to analyse the properties of my wand wood: hazel is a Celtic wood, believed to have feminine energy and is associated with the elements of Fire, Air and Water. Artistic ability, magical knowledge and optimism are provided by the enchanting use of Hazel. Hazel is a wood renowned for its knowledge and wisdom, as well as creativeness and inspiration. Wisdom of Hazel is the wisdom of wide perspective. A person with a wand of Hazel wood likes both abstract theories and practical knowledge, using them appropriately for the purpose of finding the truth. This is quite true, as the Sorting Hat was trying to decide between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor for me in my first year. Having a calm and well-balanced nature, Hazel wood is, however, quite strong in character. The deep feeling of justice in Hazel usually sets the balance and solves various complicated situations. Hazel also has a distinct protective quality, though it will protect only those whom it considers to be 'good'. Being a Gryffindor, I tend to be very protective of my loved ones, and I do have a strong character when it comes to fighting for justice. In magic, Hazel can be used almost for all purposes, especially for workings that involve seeking the truth and gaining information. Hazel also promotes creative expression, eloquence, and art of all types. It is also used in magic spells for wisdom, creativity, intelligence, navigation, inspiration, and wrath. I find all these properties quite similar to myself, as I am one who loves anything to do with art of all types, and I would count myself as a creative person too. As for my wand core, unicorn tail hair cores are said to be best for those with the pure of heart; that is because unicorns are usually seen as a symbol of immortality, grace, purity, love and the magic of working miracles. Unicorn tail hair wands are also good for charm work, and I do believe I excel best in Charms. The length of my wand is basically determined by my average height, build and structure I guess. In conclusion, this wand certainly fits my personality and has served me well throughout my years of learning magic.

Since Harry was a Gryffindor, Gryffindor tends to get a lot of attention compared to the other houses. In terms of the books, who do you think is the most over-rated Gryffindor and who is the must under-rated Gryffindor? Why?
- The first overrated Gryffindor that comes to my mind is Harry Potter himself, but to be honest it wouldn't be entirely fair to say that because the whole series is written with a focus on Harry himself, and is described from his perspective in third person. Harry as the main character has been overrated since the very beginning, because of the way he was brought into the world with a prophecy, and that he was destined to fight the Dark Lord in order to survive himself and keep the wizarding world safe and peaceful. He certainly had a lot to handle, his responsibilities were thrust into his hands by fate, and with that came all the fame that he didn't want for himself. Ultimately he is just a very normal and humble guy who was forced into difficult circumstances, but was celebrated as a hero simply by trying his best to do what is right. Harry may not have had the most fortunate childhood at first, but since attending Hogwarts, most of the time he had luck on his side. Harry is an honourable person, with good values and strength in his character, but he also has quite a number of flaws, which makes him very human although he is the main character and the hero of the story. Harry is also kind of overrated in the sense that a lot of his achievements and success throughout the series aren't really his own. If he did not receive help from the many other characters who were so willing to give him a hand, lend their support, and apply their talents and skills to assist him, he probably would have died early in the stories. Of course, that counts as one of his strengths as well, whereby people are able to see his sincerity and put trust in being his friend or acquaintance. Speaking of which, we can move on to the most underrated Gryffindor, who, in my opinion, should be Ron Weasley. I actually sympathise with Ron in many parts of the story, because he always seems to be the shadow behind others. Since befriending Harry, his life has taken an interesting turn, but he is still always known to everyone as Harry's best friend. In his family, he was the youngest boy to arrive when his family had been waiting for a baby girl for so long, and he seemed to be overshadowed by his brothers because he didn't really have any outstanding talents of his own except Wizard's Chess. In his love life and relationship, he ended up with his best friend Hermione, but still there are many others who think that Hermione shouldn't have been his wife. Ron was also often portrayed as insensitive, insecure, and immature, and although those were indeed his flaws, he did grow up and change for the better over time. What people didn't quite notice throughout the books was that Ron had many redeeming qualities aside from his weaknesses that were more subtly shown to the readers in little moments here and there. Occasionally Ron got a little bit of spotlight, such as when he led the Gryffindor Quidditch Team to victory and gained some confidence for himself, but most of the time he was underestimated and underrated standing next to both Harry and Hermione. He also made a bad impression when he left Harry and Hermione during their hunt for horcruxes, simply because he was ruled by his anger and frustration. However, Ron has many qualities that make him a character that should be loved just as much as Harry and Hermione. He is a loyal and faithful friend, and the Golden Trio actually needs his humour and silliness to complete their friendship. He may not be as smart as Hermione, but he proves to have a strategic mind in solving problems in different ways. He may not seem to be as brave as Harry, but in actual fact he is, it's just that Harry was born to associate with heroism whereas Ron journeyed to find it.

What specific steps would you take to ensure that plagiarism is totally not an option on HOL Virtual Hogwarts?
- To be honest, I think to ensure that plagiarism is totally not an option on HOL Virtual Hogwarts is not quite possible. That's because we are a community that creates various types of content in classes and activities, which include a lot of graphics, illustrations, and artwork. Most of the time even if those images are put together by ourselves and not for commercial purposes, the elements used in the designs are probably derived from other people's work of art. I think there is a lot of blurred lines in what is considered as plagiarism especially in this context, because we often take inspiration from other people's creations, and sometimes even modify or edit them, which kind of takes away credit from the original artists if they are not mentioned. Looking at it from a legal perspective, copyright infringement laws vary in different places, but the basic principle and logic is that if you don't exploit other people's work for profit or to claim the fame for yourself, it is still considered acceptable. So I tried reading up more on what is considered as plagiarism when it comes to art on the internet, and came across this journal which I felt was quite helpful in allowing me to understand what is acceptable and what is not, as well as how to prevent or avoid art plagiarism. On the internet, patent and copyright for intellectual property (literature, art, film) is more about a common understanding of ownership - if it's not originally yours, don't say it is. Applying this to HOL, I think that even if we can't totally eliminate plagiarism and solely produce original artwork on the site, what we can do to reduce and prevent/avoid this issue is to give credit where it is due. When using other people's artwork, it would be good to have disclaimers, credits, or reference links that provide others information on the original sources. I think it would be a good idea to also apply this to our classes, whereby class websites are properly referenced and sources are cited, and if there is any extra research done on the homework portion, referencing and citing should be a requirement for the student as well.
(This is the journal that I found to be helpful, if you would like to read more about art plagiarism: https://sacredflamingheart.deviantart.com/journal/What-Is-Art-Plagiarism-READ-THIS-234951828

Fashion
Since the beginning of this contest, I had the idea of showcasing my fashion inspiration based on my house, Gryffindor. I'm glad that this part of the contest provides the perfect opportunity to do it, and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire process of putting together the outfits below.

Instead of just three, I created nine outfits altogether, as I feel that I don't have one specific type of style, in fact I have a few different styles that I change up from time to time based on my mood. I'll explain my outfits from left to right:

The Hogwarts Student - I have to say, even though this is just a school uniform, I honestly like this outfit very much, and would gladly wear it out on any normal day (house pride, that is!).

The Vintage Chic - I love vintage stuff, and this is a casual daily look that I would wear to attend classes, go on dates, or travel outings. I really like soft pastel colours, and I think that the colours of this outfit offer an alternative palette to the usual bright and bold red and gold. It still represents Gryffindor nevertheless, just in a more subtle way. I imagine the top to be made of comfortable silk because of the slight iridescent shimmer of the fabric, whereas the skirt looks like it's made of chiffon, creating a light and breezy look. I matched the outfit with a vintage leather messenger bag and brown brogues, which are also my favourites. If only one outfit is allowed, this would be my outfit of choice.

The Occasional Hipster - Sometimes I enjoy dressing up a bit differently than the usual stuff people wear on the streets. This is an autumn outfit for the cold but not freezing days when skirts and stockings can still keep me warm. I usually like matching large oversized sweaters with short pleated skirts, but in this case the red sweater isn't that oversized, so I decided to add on a khaki trench coat for a layered effect. I also put on fishnet stockings and comfortable socks and shoes, as well as a soft beret to complete the look.

The Dark and Bold - There are also times when I'm in the mood for grunge and edgy fashion, and would wear black on black to express myself. For this outfit, I have my favourite dark purple hair curled and braided to one side, a raspberry coloured strapless top tucked into leather leggings, my trusted boots, and a studded sling bag. I'm also wearing a necklace with a statement pendant to add some gold shine.

The Swimsuit - This is a very simple swimsuit, a red strapless bikini top and a black bottom piece. There's not much to explain about this outfit, except that red represents my house, and I think that bright colours are lovely for photos at the beach!

The Traditional Costume - This red dress is a cheongsam, which represents my family roots, as I am of Chinese descent. The cheongsam (or qipao in Mandarin Chinese) is a body-hugging traditional dress often tailor-made for women, and it comes in different styles, materials, and colours (although red is the most classic and popular colour). I wanted to showcase this outfit as well because it is what I wear for Chinese New Year, and since it fits the Gryffindor theme I thought it would be nice to share. I matched the dress with lovely red heels, and a fun sparkler which is also commonly played among kids during the festive celebration.

The Party Princess - This dark red short dress with tulle trimmings looks like a fun and pretty party outfit. I really love the red of this outfit as it is the exact shade of Gryffindor red, and it's a vibrant colour for a lively party. The outfit also looks a bit like a ballet dress, which is why I matched it with golden ballet flats that would be comfortable for dancing as well.

The Elegant One - I picked this pale red gown as my evening wear for a ball. I like wearing off-shoulder outfits as I feel that it flatters my shoulders, and this gown has nice lace patterns around the neckline too, which adds a touch of elegance to it. I matched this long gown with a gold necklace, and braided a crown in my hair as well.

The Wizarding Gown - This outfit is what I would imagine myself to wear during a formal wizarding event which requires guests to wear classic robes (such as the one Professor McGonagall wore during the Yule Ball). Of course, I chose a scarlet robe with gold detailing to represent my house.

Other Questions

- I would most like to swim in Felix Felicis! Honestly, who wouldn't want to swim in a pool of Liquid Luck? Not to mention that it looks like liquid gold, and that is so gorgeous. The potion grants whomever that drinks it unusually good luck, so I'll definitely be sipping some of it during my swim session, then I can have a really good day ahead with loads of confidence, just for the fun of it.

- I would use the crystal ball to foresee the future of how I am going to escape. If that doesn't work very well, I would probably try persuading the niffler to burrow into the ground, then perhaps with time and patience, it may be able to dig an escape pathway out of the room. Or, assuming that there is a locked door in the room, I could use the tip of the quick quotes quill as a lock pick and get myself out.

- Absolutely true for me. I love curling up in a cosy couch with a book and a huge mug of hot chocolate as the outside is blanketed in falling white snow. During cold days, hot chocolate is the comfort drink that warms my heart and soul. Moreover I am a sweet tooth, and hot chocolate is a yummy drink that makes my tastebuds happy.

- I am guessing that Honeydukes has the best holiday sales, simply because sweet treats make lovely presents, and wonderful little stocking stuffers for Christmas. I would imagine a colourful poster with the huge word SALE hanging at the display window of the shop, and I can also imagine the ever-crowded shop filled with Hogwarts students shopping for all types of sweets, cakes, lollipops, gum, and chocolate. Honeydukes may also offer candy packages in gift boxes that are magically wrapped at the counter, which makes holiday shopping easier for the wizarding folk.

- The best thing that happened to me today was family dinner. I know that family dinners may be an everyday occasion and not a super significant event of the day, but I still treasure every family dinner as it allows me to spend time with my loved ones as we bond over good food. Today my family and I had homecooked honey chicken, mashed potatoes, and salad for dinner. It was a fairly simple meal, but satisfying enough for us after a long day's work. It was the best thing for me today because we shared some good laughs and fun talk throughout our meal, and family for me is always the best thing ever.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 am

Contestant:Prof. Zoki Phantom

Judge/Host Questions

What prejudice in the wizarding world do you think is most damaging to its society? Explain.

The segregation, or thinking that somehow people who are not pure-bloods but are part of the wizarding are less worthy than the pure-bloods. We all know that the wizarding community may be vast in the sense that it spans all across the world. But it is not vast in numbers. There are certainly less wizards and witches than muggles out there. By that bare fact we should all realize we have to work together in order for the wizarding community to remain protected, as well as to grow and thrive in the future.

So as long as we keep separating ourselves from one another, due to something that has simply happened due to natural occurrences and is not even a person’s personal choice, we cannot become better. It shouldn’t matter who was born what way, we’re all in this together.

Who has been the most influential person in your life?

My mother has been the most influential person in my life. There are many people whom I admire and look at in awe, but having known all the challenges she’s faced, both on professional and personal level, there is no other person that I look in the same way.

Having been there for her journey through all those turmoils, ups and downs, has influenced me in many ways. From simple things, such as being better at handling some situations, to way more complex things, such as changing my views on life and topics of interest.

If you could change one thing in your life (past or present) what would it be and why?

If I could change one thing in my life, I would have chosen to leave my hometown years earlier than I did. Because sometimes you realize that you’re not in a place where you can be happy, you realize things just can’t get much better in the same place. But making that big step to move away from people you love is a very difficult choice. Yet, now that it has happened, and I can see how it has all worked out so nicely, I would go back and push myself to do it sooner.

If love potions are powerful and dangerous, why should they continue to be produced? Or should they be banned forever?

Tricky subject, as I am sure many people who are desperately trying to make their loved one love them back, would not want to be cut off from this potential of making a change there. But personally I believe love is something that should come naturally, whether on its own or by being brought to live through care and attention. I do not think that anyone, or anything, should mess with love. Therefore I would be in full support of banning them forever.

In the future, would you like to have multiple wizarding portraits of yourself in various places (great for sending message!) or would you rather just have muggle portraits, or no portraits? Would you want them to be done while you're alive or after you're gone?

The portraits of people are a complex matter, in my opinion. On the one hand having just muggle ones would mean that people would get to see you as you were, but they would retain the memories of you as they were before. They might remember both bad and good, but it will not be affected by the comments that a wizarding portrait makes. On the other hand, if you can share just a bit of yourself via a wizarding portrait, that could actually be very beneficial to many, especially those who knew you.

As such, I would give the benefit of the doubt to the wizarding portrait and say I would prefer that one. I have no specific preference on whether I would want multiple portraits - I believe that if one exists, I do not mind having multiple either. I would however prefer the portraits to be done after I am gone. For me personally it would feel a bit awkward to run into portraits of myself.

Being on HOL as long as you have, there are surely somethings you would like to change. If you had to go back in time and change one thing about your time on HOL what would it be and why?

There’s one thing that pops up in my head every once in a while, and that is my first year at HOL. I did not spend much time exploring the site and learning about all its possibilities. For example I had thought that you can only take 5 classes, not realizing that it can be 5 per term. I wasn’t very aware of my house’s Common Room, the activities taking place in the HOL Forum, and I simply had no idea about the IRC portion of it at all.

Once you’ve learned of all those things, in hindsight it feels that you have deprived yourself of great experiences that you could have started much earlier. I don’t know how that would have affected the remaining journey of my time at HOL, but I would certainly have wanted to enjoy all those things in my first year.

How have your experiences as a student and professor at HOL Virtual Hogwarts affected your interpretation of the role of Headmaster?

The roles of a student and a professor are vastly different in all ways - your responsibilities, your communication, you needs and requests. I think having had years with both has certainly helped me shape this vision of what the Headmaster role should be. It has helped me understand that despite the many differences there which you want to work on being fulfilled and ironed out, there are many things we also share. After all we’re all human and have joined HOL for a shared reason - so there is a lot we can achieve by working on our common interests together.

Fashion
Evening Wear

Swimsuit

Quidditch Robes
I picked this outfit for a number of reasons. It is something that’s fundamentally different in it, as it’s limited in its choices compared to for example an evening outfit so I always consider it a creative challenge. It also provides the opportunity to show off your house’s pride and colors - not just out in the field where it may not shine, but also here where it can be easily examined. Lastly, I chose it because I believe Seeking is an amazing activity and anything related to is therefore awesome!

Other Questions

I would like to swim in Felix Felicis, obviously! There is no danger in swimming in it, nor any issue with drinking some by accident. On the contrary it would only make me be unusually lucky and who wouldn’t want that?

I throw the crystal ball in the direction of the niffler, hoping it distracts him enough so that I can grab the quick quotes quill and use that to pick the lock on the door. Hopefully I got to swim in some Felix Felicis right before this, so my plan could actually work!

Hah, that’s a trick question, right? False! Hot chocolate is the best beverage. That fact does not change with seasons.

Honeydukes, of course. Because the best thing that you can do during holidays is eat sweets and gift sweets to others, and the folks behind Honeydukes know how to do business. They work with sweets so clearly business is their forte. But cheaper sweets means not only more profits, but also merrier holidays for all!

I got to hop on this metal muggle bird that flew me all the way through land and water, across multiple countries, and bring me back home in time for the Christmas holidays. It’s a bit like magic!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 am

Contestant: Katelin Ross

Judge/Host Questions

What is your idea of happiness?
My idea of happiness can be defined in one simple answer: doing what you love with the people you love. I am, by nature, a very happy person. I love to read, watch movies with my family, talk with my friends on the phone and online, shop with friends and family, and in general, spend time with family and friends. My family and friends are very important to me. I am very close to them, and I am at my happiest when I get to spend time with them.

If you had to change house which would you choose?
This is a hard question to answer. I have always thought of myself as a Hufflepuff, and most quizzes I take tell me that I belong in Hufflepuff. I guess if I had to change houses (emphasis on had as I never would change voluntarily), I would choose Ravenclaw. Most quizzes I have taken have either placed me in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. I have personalities and characteristics that would place me in either house. I have always imagined the day where I would be placed in front of The Sorting Hat. The Sorting Hat would have a hard decision to make. I am loyal like a Hufflepuff, and I am studious and book smart like a Ravenclaw. So, if I had to change houses, I would pick Ravenclaw as it is the house that my personality would best fit in if I couldn’t be in Hufflepuff.

Why do you think you can be the next Mx HOL? Please elaborate.
I think I can be the next MX HOL winner, for I believe that everyone has it in them to be a winner. I do not think I am the best, nor do I think one specific person should win. I believe everyone deserves to win. I think everyone who even decided to put themselves out there to be judged deserves a trophy. My true self shows through in everything I do. I do not put on a show for HOL, for MX HOL, or for my online community, what you see is who I am online and offline. For this reason, I believe all of us should be the next MX HOL winners.

If you could invent a magical dish, what would it be and why? Which would its ingredients be?
If I could invent a magical dish it would be a never ending pot of Spaghetti, because I love Spaghetti and I wish I could eat it all the time. The ingredients would begin with any other typical recipe for Spaghetti. These ingredients would include: Spaghetti noodles (any type), Spaghetti sauce (any kind depending on what sounds good when I make it), italian sausage, and spices. What would make this dish magical would be the secret ingredient that would make it seem as if one batch would last forever. This secret ingredient is secret, and therefore, would not be given out. Just like my family has a secret recipe for Chex Mix, I have this secret recipe. To request this dish one needs to know the secret code. I do not want to make this dish available to the non wizarding community as it would trigger immediate warnings. Come over to my house or my kitchen and say “Mazur Spaghetti,” but like I said, keep this within the wizarding community!

In Short Stories from Hogwarts: of Heroism, Hardship, and Dangerous Hobbies we learn Prof. McGonagall lives at Hogwarts. Do you think any of the other professors lives at Hogwarts, or do they live elsewhere?
I am a teacher in real life, and when I am out and about in the community I sometimes see my students in the places where I am at. When I run into my students they always seemed shocked, as if to think, “What are you doing outside of school.” Sometimes I wonder if students think we live at school. We learn from the books that Professor McGonagall lives at the school. I think I am going to go with my students on this one and say that all of the Professors at Hogwarts live at school. From reading the books, we know that apparition is not permitted inside of the school grounds, and that students arrive to school by the Hogwarts Express and carriages (unless you are a first year). Although teachers could exit the grounds and apparate from there, I believe they find it easier to stay at school to keep an eye on the students and other beings that call Hogwarts home. Teachers only really go home once their students have been released back to their home, so until the school year is over, teachers live at Hogwarts until summer break.

As Albus Dumbledore once said, "it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends." What is one instance in which you stood up to a friend even though it was difficult? How important do you think it is to do so?
When I was in High School I had one close friend who lived right up the street from me. She was one year behind me in school, and we did pretty much everything together. We studied together, we spent time at each other’s houses, and we even had sleepovers together. One day when we were working together on a project, my friend tried to get me to drive us to the local fast food place to eat instead of finishing up our group project. We told my parents we would only be gone for about fifteen or so minutes to pick up food and come back. Little did I know my friend would have other intentions. She decided that we should go on a drive around town and do some shopping. I did not feel comfortable doing this as that would mean that we had both lied to my parents. I told her, “No,” and that we would only do what we told my parents we would be doing. She would continue to try and talk me into doing her plans, but I stood up for myself. I continued to say, “No,” and that I was even thinking of just turning around and driving back home. She finally said, “Alright, let’s just get the food, eat it, and come back home.” I was proud of myself for sticking up for what I knew was the right thing. We never got caught for being out later than we said we would (we turned around when she finally saw my ways), but I felt guilty for even thinking about going on that shopping trip without permission. This was the first time I really remember standing up for myself with friends and anyone in particular. It felt empowering.

As someone who has been on HOL for eleven years, what do you think are the pros and cons of interacting with a totally new version of the HOL Virtual Hogwarts website?
The thought of having a whole new HOL website got my mind thinking. There are many different pros and cons when it comes to a new website/layout (and some thoughts can even fit under both categories). The pros include a fresh facelift, new opportunities to explore a variety of layouts, and hopefully unlimited data (that brings back some memories from long ago). The cons to a new HOL website include change (HOL has been the way we see it for a while now, and a lot of people do not like change), not being able to find out where things are, the possibility of a new website not being able to handle the abuse we throw at it, and just an overall new site that we are not used to. I myself would be on the fence. Yes, I think it would be interesting to navigate a whole new website, but on the other hand, I do not like the thought of changing what works.

Fashion
For my outfit of choice, I chose an outfit I would typically be found in on a daily basis (in real life). I enjoy wearing clothing that can be versatile, meaning, clothes that can be dressed up or dressed down for the occasion. I actually based this outfit on the outfit I am currently wearing. The more comfortable clothing the better. My goal in life is to wear clothes that are like wearing pajamas to work.

Other Questions

I would like to swim in the potion Felix Felicis (liquid luck). I would like to think that if someone were to swim in a pool of Felix Felicis, then they would not have to worry about their day, worry about upcoming events or happenings, and overall, have good things happen to them wherever they go. This would make the person lucky for the day. Everything would go their way, every need they have needed would be met, and they would not have any angry parents or misbehaving children. Basically, anything that would be considered unlucky, bad luck, misfortune, or an overall bad day would be eliminated for a full twenty-four hours. I think that swimming in a pool of Felix Felicis would be my idea of a great swim!

My first thought for this question was, “Oh a niffler, can I have one and why would I want to escape?” Since I figured I needed to get out of the room eventually, I decided to look around and see what was available. I remember someone saying the room had a crystal ball and a quick quotes quill alongside my friend the niffler, but I can’t seem to find the crystal ball. The niffler was off to one side giddy as can be, so I left him to his own devices. I picked up the remaining object in the room, a quick quotes quill, and thought that if I took it apart to make one end extra pointy I could make it into a lock picking device. I found the ink compartment to be the best piece of the quill to use. I stuck it into the lock and started turning it side to side. I was still working on it ten minutes later (I was almost ready to give up and turn to the niffler next), when I heard a click. The door had opened! Now whatever happened to that crystal ball or the niffler (as it ran out right as I opened the door), I may never know.

False, Hot Chocolate is not the best winter beverage. In my opinion, hot apple cider is the best winter time drink. Just the thought of the smell of spices and apples makes my taste buds water. I am not picky when it comes to brand names, but my Keurig Hot Apple Cider K-Cup has been my go to drink lately every morning. It warms me up (which is a good thing since it has been in the 30s every morning this week). I also like that it satisfies the sweetness factor that I need without eating something sweet. The best hot apple cider that I have ever come across, though, is the hot apple cider that you can get straight from the apple grove. It tastes fresh, has that straight from the grove taste, and you can just tell that it has just come from the apple not long ago. Hot apple cider is my favorite winter beverage!

While walking around Hogsmeade, I noticed that Zonko’s Joke Shop had the best holiday sales! They had signs out front that advertised up to fifty percent off some of their products. They also had several workers out front welcoming people into their shop by showing off what their products can do. Their biggest pull was the sign that stated, “Up to 50% off what every person on your shopping list wants.” They were appealing to those of us who have people who like joke items. They had the pull, the advertising, and the appeal to people’s wants and needs. Zonko’s knows how to get the most foot traffic and sales during the holiday season!

The best thing that happened to me today was the chance that I got to see my students perform in our school’s talent show. Normally I have middle school students at that time, so I don’t normally get the chance to see my elementary school’s assemblies or performances. My students have been working hard for months preparing their pieces, making sure they had all the parts to their costume, making their props (if they had any), and practicing performing in front of an audience. Today, the day of the performance, during groups, my students could not stop talking about the Talent Show that was coming up. They asked me if I would come watch them perform, and of course I couldn’t pass it up. My students love it when I get a chance to come see and support them in their extracurricular (and curricular) activities. One of my favorite parts of the play was when two students sung the song, “Lost Boy.” They had good tone and pitch, plus I could sing right along with that song. Another one of my favorite parts was when one of my students played the theme song to Star Wars on his guitar. This was an overall great experience, and I recommend to anyone who works with students to see them perform. They love it when you are there!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 am

Contestant: Gail Allen

Judge/Host Questions

If you could be on the cover of any magazine, which would you choose and why?
I would be on the cover of Global Education. I am not sure the magazine exists, but if it doesn't, it should. I decided to go against seeking out a specific existing magazine, because the magazines I know of personally are not widely available to an English speaking audience and vice versa. Therefore, picking one that both I and the audience would be familiar with would be near impossible, so I decided to pick based on a topic rather than an actual magazine title.
The reason I would like to be on the cover of this magazine is because it would mean I had accomplished something in this field. That would please me very much, since I believe that providing education on a global scale is incredibly important.

What attributes do you look for in friends?

Quite a lot of things to be honest.
Probably above all someone I can trust to have my best interests in mind, who will not judge me for my weaknesses or my defeats and who will be there to comfort me when things don't go my way or when I'm upset. Someone I can confide in and not fear I will be ridiculed, or thought less of for my failures or sorrows, but who will show me compassion and accept me for who I am.
But on the same score, someone who will want to celebrate my successes with me, and not be jealous of them. Someone who genuinely likes my company and who will be happy to see me.
But also someone who will let me do the same for them. I want to get to know the real person, so I want them to feel like they can share things with me, and know that it will be safe with me. It makes me feel more like sharing as well, and I think sharing our innermost thoughts and feelings really allows us to see each other as humans and I think that's beautiful. I want to feel so secure with my friends that we can show vulnerability to each other and know that we are safe.

What would you do if your best friend was in the final round of a competition with another person, who is better overall and you feel more deserves to win. Who would you vote for? Please explain.

This is a question that seems harder than it really is, and might also have been harder if my friends had a different view of things.
The thing is, I know that none of my friends would even want to win if it wasn't merited and would feel embarrassed if I had voted for them simply because they were my friend and not because I thought their work was the best of the bunch. And because you're asking about my best friend, I know that she knows me so well that she would be able to tell just by looking at the other entries if any were better than hers in my eyes. So if I thought the other person had done a better job, I would vote for them, both from a moral standpoint that that would be the right thing to do, but also because that's what my best friend would want me to do and would probably tell me off if I voted differently.

If you could improve a magical mean of transportation, which one would you choose and how would you improve it?
There are two that stand out to me immediately actually. One obviously being apparition, since that seems incredibly dangerous and like it could stand to be improved upon to make it safer, since it is such a convenient form of travel that brings you directly to your destination without wasting any time. As someone who regularly travels a distance of about 1000 kilometres, apparition is a very useful skill, and improving the safety of it would be of immense value, not just to me, but to a lot of people who like me have to make long distance travels like that regularly. It would also make it a lot more accessible, so maybe younger and less skilled witches and wizards would be able to take advantage of the spell without fearing splinching. Another obvious area to improve the spell in would be to make it possible to apparate to places unknown, or even just less well known to the caster. As it is, the spell requires the caster to be able to clearly visualize the place they intend to go to, and that requires them to have been there for an extended amount of time before to truly commit it to memory.
The range is another obvious place to improve the spell; as it is the difficulty rises quite dramatically the further away one tries to apparate, which makes it a lot less useful than it obviously has potential to be. If that could be improved upon, it would vastly increase the spell's value.
The other that stood out to me is the Knight Bus, since that seems to be one of the truly accessible modes of transportation that offers itself equally to everyone no matter their age, gender or circumstance; as long as they have need of it, it will be there for them. But it seems to be a very uncomfortable ride, and I would like to improve that. But since it is only a matter of comfort, I would say the safety of apparating would come first.

We learned from JKR that Prof. Quirrell used to teach Muggle Studies before taking a year off to get more experience, and only started teaching DADA Harry's first year. Which position do you think suited him better?
We have never seen Quirrell teach Muggle Studies, so it's hard to know how good he would have been at it. His skill as a Muggle Studies teacher has to be judged purely based on character and vague statements, which I find to be a fairly weak ground to base such a judgement on.
Nevertheless: Quirrell is described as being gifted and having a brilliant mind, but also as delicate and timid and a victim of bullying. He was sorted into Ravenclaw, which is well aligned with him being described as intelligent and someone who is quite book-smart.
It seems like he developed most of his nervous ticks - stuttering and twitchy eyes, during his travels - or perhaps more precisely: when he became possessed by Voldemort.
This suggests he probably did better before he left his post as Muggle Studies professor.
He was however also said to have a great aptitude for defensive magic, which would speak in favour of him as a Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.
I think the truly deciding factor is that he deliberately went to seek out Voldemort, showing a serious lack of judgement when it comes to the Dark Arts, which tells me that he was entirely unsuited to teach the subject because doing so - even pursuing the positions - destroyed his life and ultimately killed him.
Professor Quirrell was absolutely better suited to be a Muggle Studies Professor. If he had stayed as that, he might have still been alive.

You seem to have had a pretty quick rise in HOL and Ravenclaw activeness. What do you contribute this to and why?

I suppose you are asking not so much about why I participate in activities around HOL and Ravenclaw, although that would have been very simple to answer: because I enjoy them and think they are very entertaining to participate in. I love how many activities there have been this fall term compared to my first fall term here and I hope that that continues to be the case! In addition to that, I think discovering irc early on was part of what helped me become integrated into HOL very quickly and very thoroughly. It put me in contact with people and gave me a sense of community and thereby it also gave HOL as a whole a much greater appeal, because it felt like I was doing this with other people, who gradually became friends, rather than sitting behind a screen on my own and doing homework.

I think, however, that the question is probably rather aiming at me being quite involved in organizing activities and becoming involved with certain aspects of leadership around HOL and especially Ravenclaw, despite only being a second year. I think there are several reasons for why this has happened and that it's very much tied in with my level of activity in general as well as getting to know people through irc fairly early on.
Ever since joining HOL I have been very active in both classes and activities, which I think is what drew the eyes of those already in leadership positions in the first place, some of whom were also starting to get to know me on irc. I think as far as being able to rise anywhere, you first need the attention of those who are able to help you do that, because you can't do it simply by working hard if no one sees it.
It wasn't my reason for doing it at the time of course, I simply participated because I had fun with it and wanted to help Ravenclaw win the house cup, but I think it's largely what caused me to rise that quickly later on. So because people saw me being reliable in participation, I was given opportunities to also work on the organisational side of things. And proving myself reliable there as well, I was offered even more opportunities and trusted with more responsibility, which is what has led me to be involved with as many things as I am now.
I truly think it's those three things in combination that have caused me to become involved with leadership positions at HOL so quickly: participation, reliability and being given opportunities because of that.
Take away any of these and the chain would have broken and I wouldn't be on the trajectory I am today. Two of them I can take the credit for myself, but the third is circumstance and other people's trust in me, which I am very grateful for and honoured by.

As a multifaceted and sometimes overextended student at HOL Virtual Hogwarts, what are some of the things that fall by the wayside due to time constraints and why those particular things?
I think there are probably more things than most people imagine.
A thing that has definitely taken a backseat as I've become more involved with other sides of HOL, is quidditch. I used to participate far more in pickups and individual botting than I do now. That's not to say I do not do it at all, but it is one of the things that I do less and that I wish I could devote more time to. But I simply have to concede that it would take too much time for me to become really good at it, and so I devote my time in places where the time I spend is more likely to make a difference.
Another thing I do not do as much anymore either as I did in my first year at HOL, is participating in activities in other houses, and at times even activities or part of activities in Ravenclaw, though I very much try to avoid missing those and almost only do when I am travelling or particularly busy in RL.
I think missing other house's activities might have happened regardless though, since I feel it has more to do with there being more HOL wide activities offered now on the main board, which was not the case for large parts of my first year here. So I have simply substituted the house activities in other houses with HOL wide activities on the main forum.
Even on the main forum, however, there are activities that I have to drop on account of having no time; HOLLERS in particular. Last year I did most of the monthly activities there, but lately it has largely fallen by the wayside for time reasons. This is mainly because I have chosen to prioritize things that offer points when I do not have time for everything.
But even things that do sometimes have to give way. Case in point; house newspapers and arts department projects. I had hoped I would find time to contribute to all of them, but I have so far found myself unable to do that, contributing only to some of them. The reason I sacrifice those is because it is not something I have an obligation to participate in and it is a rather large effort, since I hold myself to quite high standards when I submit something like that. I will spend a fair amount of time researching and then writing a good piece or creating a drawing or graphic, and so again, it's a large time investment that I cannot always commit to. With Alte it's different of course because, as an Editor, I do feel a certain need to contribute, and also do.
So largely the things I do not do fall into four categories: Things that do not offer points, things that are centred around other houses than Ravenclaw, things that require a large time investment, and things I do not feel obligated to participate in. Of course they often overlap and the more of them apply to a single thing, the more likely it is to fall off the end of my to-do list.

Fashion

I chose a business outfit for my outfit of choice, because I think it is a shame that these are all too often considered dull pieces in a wardrobe, which are simply there to look professional. For certainly they are there to look professional, but that doesn't mean you can't show a sense of style at the same time. It just has to be in a slightly more understated manner, like the collar of the shirt and the bow around the waist.
Another reason I chose this outfit is because to me it is important to underline that if you win a competition like this you will become a representative and as such you will be able to make changes happen. Letting an opportunity like that go would be a great shame, which means the winner will need a professional outfit for doing work in.
Personally I would of course work towards promoting my platform further and make sure education is available to everyone.

Other Questions

It's difficult to say. First of all though I would like to say I would probably not like swimming in any potion since they seem (with very few exceptions that seem downright creepy) to be meant for consumption rather than for swimming in. But if I were to swim in one, I would have to pick between three that all sound very good to me: Draught of peace, Felix Felicis and memory potion.
Draught of peace is rather self explanatory I think; who could not use relief from anxiety now and then? But it wouldn't be my pick, though I would certainly not say no to it if I could bather in more things.
Now most people might not know this about me, but I actually have an abysmal memory and have to write everything down and I have to ask to be reminded several times of things that happened, even when it's not been very long since they did, but I simply do not recall. It's put me into some awkward situations at times where people have taken me forgetting to mean I don't care, which couldn't be further from the truth, but I simply cannot remember. Being able to solve this would therefore be very, very tempting.
And still… I would have to go with the third option; Felix Felicis. I feel like being successful in everything I chose to do would be so amazing that it would in itself relieve a lot of my anxiety, and my forgetfulness is not so bad that I cannot manage it, but to be able to apply to a job and be certain you would be successful, or try to learn a new skill or perform and know for certain that would be successful... that is just not something I could pass up.

Since I already swam in Felix Felicis before I know I will be able to use the crystal ball to accurately predict the future, so I will look into it and search for the place where the niffler will find the key to the room I'm trapped in after I fulfil my intention to set it free. Then once I have seen the place, I will tell the niffler there is a shiny key there for it, and that if it goes to find it and bring it back to me, it can have both the key and the crystal ball. I imagine that will be irresistible to the niffler and being a niffler it will certainly be able to escape the room and get to the key no matter where it's been kept.
So I will set it free to get the key and then sit down and use the quick quotes quill to get my homework done while I am trapped here anyway, waiting for the niffler to get back to me.
Once the niffler returns with the key I will unlock the door and escape, and then give the niffler the key and crystal ball, and then hand in my now finished homework.

Absolutely true!
I love chocolate at any time of the year and will probably never pass up chocolate if offered unless it's been filled with something else that I don't like.
So already there hot chocolate is off to a great start in the race of winter beverages.
Then add to that that it's hot and can warm your hands while you hold it and your whole body when you drink it, and I cannot see how anyone could dispute that this is the absolute best winter beverage.

That would obviously be Scrivenshaft’s Quill Shop, because they certainly have writing equipment and who doesn't love stationery? It's both gorgeous, smells wonderful and is used for writing. There are very few things better than that.
But also I cannot imagine that a shop that sells writing equipment in a town right next to a school, would not also have books and other book- and writing-related items and that would be the absolute best! I cannot imagine any other shop I would rather go to to take advantage of a holiday sale.

It might sound incredibly cheesy and it probably is too, but the best thing that happened to me today was feeling loved by the person who matters most to me. It's not very grand or extraordinary, but it is the most wonderful feeling in the world and I would choose it over most anything else.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:49 am

Contestant: Ravariel Aiwince

Judge/Host Questions

If you could add one elective subject to Hogwarts mandatory curriculum for younger years, which one would it be and why?
=> I would definitely add Muggle Studies. Taught by a competent teacher, this subject could help lessen wizarding children’s prejudices towards Muggles and, consequently, also towards muggle-born and half-blood witches and wizards. Besides that, keeping the wizarding world secret without consistently having the Ministry step in to clean up the mess with memory charms requires a far better understanding of Muggle life than a lot of wizards and witches exhibit. If nothing else, students should learn how not to draw attention to themselves when they, for one reason or another, have to interact with Muggles.

What is your favorite part of being a Hufflepuff?

=> Small essay ahead, I’m afraid. My favourite part, I would say, is that being a Hufflepuff taught me to actually properly value the ideals my House stands for: Friendship, loyalty, kindness, the willingness to work hard and the willingness to accept others as they are. That is not to say that I did not believe these things were important before. But I was quite unfavourably affected by the general view on Hufflepuffs in the fandom and, to be fair, in large parts of the books, and being sorted into Hufflepuff when I’d really hoped to be in Ravenclaw left me with a highly disappointed feeling of “Oh. So apparently I’m a good friend. How… nice.”

But I learned. It was a long process – I joined HOL more than a decade ago – so I can’t really tell anymore where it started. I think it was the way HOLers speak of Hufflepuffs, as well as House Unity and House Pride things I found on HOL that first made me start to appreciate my Sorting. Then I began to defend Hufflepuff outside of HOL against those who made fun of it, and… well, here I am. I’ve learned that being sorted into Hufflepuff is something to be proud of, because it doesn’t mean I’m not clever enough to be a Ravenclaw, it means that the Sorting judged me to be someone that values Hufflepuff’s ideals more than my cleverness. And I did and I do – I just didn’t really realise. And even far beyond that, defending Hufflepuff and its ideals has shown me how often these ideals are overlooked and deemed unimportant or even a sign of weakness in society outside the Harry Potter fandom. It’s shown me how necessary it is to be proud of valuing things like kindness, loyalty and diligence, and to encourage others to feel the same way about these traits.

This sounds a little overblown, doesn’t it? It’s not that dramatic a change, just a little shift in my world view, but, I feel, an important one. And I’m very grateful to my House for being the reason and the driving force behind that little shift.

Which HP book is your favorite and why?
=> The Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite. Re-reading the books recently, I’ve found both The Philosopher’s Stone and The Deathly Hallows coming close, the former through its light-heartedness even through darker chapters and the sense of discovery and wonder it conveys, the latter through its depth, its mood and the tension that makes it hard to put the book down.

The Prisoner of Azkaban still wins for me, though, in part maybe out of sheer habit – but only in part. More than that, it introduced two characters that I particularly enjoyed reading about, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Its plot works on a different, in my opinion even more personal, level than all the ones that ultimately result in a confrontation with Voldemort, and that is something I quite enjoy reading. Moreover, it lacked all the relationship drama coming up in the following books, a subject that has always done little more than annoy me as a reader. And finally, discovering the innocence of someone wrongfully imprisoned or hunted and trying to help them is a trope I really like, which gives the ending of The Prisoner of Azkaban a particular appeal.

Which is the spell you relate to the most and why?
=> The spell used by the Hogwarts Professors in Goblet of Fire to make the suits of armour sing during Christmas time! It appears to be a spell that makes the target – mainly people rather than objects – break into song uncontrollably, and as things are, I seem to be under that spell consistently. You’ll find me singing at almost any occasion you can imagine, either because I was reminded of a song by something or because I had one on my mind at the time. Sadly, the specifics of that spell and the incantation (“Cantis”) are only attested to in one of the Harry Potter Lego Games.

From the angle of a spell I relate to wanting to use myself, though, I’d have to choose another, and one far more well-known: Accio. I’m easily distracted and forgetful and I often end up leaving things at home that I’d have needed or forgetting where I put something. I can’t count the times I’ve wished to be able to perform that spell to find what I’d misplaced or summon what I’d forgotten.

Why do you think none of the trio ever took (or at least it was never mentioned if they did) an Alchemy class?

=> This question baffled me a little at first, because I couldn’t remember Alchemy ever having come up as a subject choice and Third-Year Hermione would certainly have taken it if it had been available. I looked it up and found that Alchemy exists as one of several elective subjects for sixth- and seventh-years that are taught if enough students show interest.

It’s hard to tell, of course, what the precise reason was why none of the three appears to have taken Alchemy classes. It wasn’t stated to be a requirement for becoming an Auror, as Harry wanted to, and we didn’t see the results of either Ron’s or Hermione’s career advice sessions. Most likely, neither of them was intent on pursuing a career that required Alchemy classes, and given how busy all three were with classwork and exam preparation in their sixth year, it’s understandable that they wouldn’t wish to pick an additional subject. Even Hermione, after all, had learned after her experience with the time-turner not to pile more work on herself than she could handle.

If you could choose to answer any question asked of the other contestants, which question would you pick, why would you pick it, and what would your answer be?
=> I would pick “If you could change a thing about the HP story, what would it be and why?” as asked of Shiloh Adlar. It stood out to me as a question I immediately knew the answer to. Besides that, it struck me as a fitting one to answer here, because HOL is the living demonstration of how what irked me in the original story can be set right.

What I would like to change is the way the Houses are portrayed. I would want them to be more equal to each other, and less separated. I would have liked to see more signs of friendships between students from different Houses; things like Luna becoming part of an otherwise mainly Gryffindor-centred group of friends seemed highly exceptional.

Moreover, it always bothered me how the House Cup, often also the Quidditch Cup and any other items of House competition were largely between Slytherin and Gryffindor, with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as lesser players. That improved a little over the course of the books, but the theme remained. And lastly, I don’t feel that Slytherin should have been made a House of largely evil-to-be students and treated that way. I’d have liked to see more Slytherins that, while cunning and ambitious, weren’t unpleasant to everyone on sheer principle. Basically, I feel that the portrayal of the Houses could have been vastly improved by some more balance.

If you were in charge of ensuring that our members embrace a more active lifestyle, how would you promote awareness and what features and/or activities would you incorporate into the HOL Virtual Hogwarts website?

=> First of all, I would launch a discussion thread for the topic on the HOL forum, in which I’d introduce the topic and invite everyone that wants to join to discuss it and bring in ideas of their own. To make sure the thread is not overlooked, I’d announce it in the HOL Entrance Hall with a hopefully inspiring graphic.

In the long run, there are three parts of HOL where I could see beneficial changes being made.

One is the forum: There is already an area for ‘Sports Talk’ in the Student’s Lounge, but it’s sadly not very active, and most threads in it are centred on watching sports rather than doing sports. I would wish to introduce another area – although I’m as of yet unsure what to name it – where people could discuss and exchange ideas for non-virtual pastimes. To promote that sub-forum, I think offering HOL-wide activities, preferably point-earning ones, within the sub-forum would be a good idea. They could include outside-activity related puzzles to introduce students to possibilities, students sharing what they themselves like to do when not at the computer in text or pictures (compare, for example, Shadow Gaunt’s flexibility photos for Mx HOL), or maybe tasks that encourage going outside in themselves, like for instance finding and taking pictures of places that remind the participants of various different locations in the Harry Potter universe.

The second part is activities in general. I’d like to join in preparing some of the regular activities and add optional tasks much like the last one I suggested above, tasks that either encourage going outside or encourage students to create something with their hands. They should be optional, I’d think, because there may well be HOL students who might not have the ability to complete that kind of task.

The same is true for the third part, the classes. I can’t influence how others teach their classes, of course, other than to make suggestions, but teachers or future teachers might draw ideas from the discussion thread in the forum. I would also like to teach a class myself, then, preferably one that is nature-centric. A kind of Potions class, for example, for which students could go outside for some of their homework to find, identify and take pictures of various kinds of plants or similar that could be used as potion ingredients.

Fashion
My lessons of the day: The paper I used and crayons are not friends, and proportions and perspective and I are not friends. Always good to learn.

Mx Tiny-Head here is wearing my design for a swimsuit. I’ve always liked swimming garb that had a little more fabric to it.

This is my evening wear. Like the swimsuit, I decided to keep it in Hufflepuff colours.

My outfit of choice is a winter-suitable wizarding robe. I chose that outfit because we have snow here and Christmas is coming on, and what better time would there be for a long walk into Hogsmeade to shop for presents and enjoy the wintry weather? Besides that, I hadn’t tried my hand at wizard’s or witches’ robes yet and felt like giving it a shot.

The scarf and the hat I added to the outfit are actually quite real, gifts I got in RL from a wonderful friend, with an added Hufflepuff crest embroidered by the even more wonderful Gail Allen:

Other Questions

=> As a frugal – or stingy – sort of person, the idea of swimming in any potion was bound, of course, to strike me as quite a waste at first. But then I discovered the potion named the “Draught of Peace”, a concoction intended to relieve anxiety and agitation, and boy, would I swim in that. I do have marked issues with anxiety and quite lack the ability to relax, so this potion would be utterly perfect for me. I’d like a pool full of it, please, and some hours of time to spend in there. That sounds like bliss.

=> Since my divination skills are probably in the range of Ron’s, Harry’s, and Hermione’s – meaning sub-zero – I might as well employ the crystal ball for something useful. I’ll write a note asking for help that includes the specifics of my location (hoping for only limited embellishment from the side of the quick-quotes quill) on a scrap of paper and tie that securely to the niffler, probably to its thorough confusion. Then I’ll throw the crystal ball out through the tiny window (also a way to get a breath of fresh air in). The niffler will follow the shiny object without doubt, and then all that’s left for me is to wait for someone to read the note and help me out.

Until then, I’ll pass the time with the quick-quotes quill. There may not be much paper or parchment, since I’ll have used the scrap I always carry around for the note, but who needs paper when there’s a lot of floor, wall and ceiling? Should someone else be responsible for me being trapped, I’ll decorate their room with a lot of confusing nonsense all over. Should I have become trapped by accident, I’ll do my best to have the quill write interesting things, like poetry or little scenes or stories. Hopefully, it can be convinced to do some nice-looking handwriting.

Now it just remains to be hoped that someone gets a hold of my niffler and my note before I run out of writing space.

=> False, I’m afraid. Hot chocolate is amazing, no doubt of it – especially with plenty of whipped cream – but it has to share its first place among all winter beverages with two others on my list of favourites. One is black tea with spices and honey, brewed with very little water but mellowed with lots of milk. The other is a mix of either fruit tea and various types of fruit juice or only of different fruit juices, heated and spiced with things like cinnamon, cloves, and star anise. Especially drunk piping hot outside at a snowy Christmas market, this is wonderful.

=> Honeydukes, definitely! There’s no way for anyone that has a sweet tooth to be able to resist their holiday offers, I’m sure. And I’m certain there’ll be exciting new holiday-themed sweets to try every year! It’s also perfect for finding tiny little gifts you can liberally scatter among your friends and family, for example in the form of a Christmas calendar. You could also turn them into larger presents by finding various different-looking sweets that the one you want to delight with a gift likes, and construct shapes and landscapes or similar things out of them. So much room for ideas! Yep, Honeydukes it is.

=> Hmm… hard to choose, as today has been exceptionally good all in all. I think the best happened when I had a (rare) riding lesson today (not exactly riding, but I don’t know the proper English term for exercising a horse from the ground). The pony I get to work with, as much as I love her, is very spirited and independent, so that I often have difficulties telling whether she refuses to do something because she simply doesn’t care to or whether it is because I didn’t give the signals right. That can be quite frustrating when you yourself still need to learn a lot and aren’t particularly certain what you’re doing at most points.

My teacher is wonderful, though, and in spite of a somewhat uncoordinated start, the pony and I ended up getting some good work done and performing pretty well by the end of each exercise. That made me proud and very happy both with my four-legged friend and with myself.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:53 am

Contestant: Alexander Brighton

Judge/Host Questions

What makes you unique compared to all of the other contestants in this competition?

I think what makes me unique compared to the other contestants is that I have a different way of thinking compared to most other people. My mind works differently than other people. I come up with answers to problems in different ways than what a normal person would do to find the same answer. I hope that makes sense. A teacher told me before that she liked the way I think. My mom often says that I think differently as well. I often see life as one big book or even a movie that we can’t read or watch to see what will happen next and we all play the characters. I also like to see the way things work. Whenever there is something positive in something bad, I always try to look at the positives. I have one example. Bullies are very bad, not usually too many positive things to do with them. But it was them that got me to read Harry Potter. Of course I heard about Harry Potter before. But one day, the bullies were chasing me and I hid in a library and found Harry Potter. See? Something positive came out of something negative.

What is your second favorite book series?

Harry Potter is really the only book series I am into. But if I had to choose, I would say the Percy Jackson book series. I saw all the movies and liked them. I read a little bit of the books, but not that much yet. I like the Hobbit movie and only saw a bit of the Lord of the Rings movies, but never read any of those books. So Percy Jackson would be my second favorite.

Last round you made a collage about bullying. Can you tell a bit about why you made this? Have you experienced it? How do you think we can stop it? What needs to happen to make people aware of the damage it does?

I made the collage about bullying because everyone needs to know that it still happens. I was bullied since I was 5 and still am, almost every day. It effects peoples lives. I added those names on the collage, nightmares, scared, lonely to let people know how bullying affects the ones being bullied. There is this one bully who no one would suspect what he was like away from the adults. We started out when we were 7 as friends, but then he would be bossy and I didn’t want to be his friend anymore, he would turn into nothing but a big bully. But after a while, he would be nice again and we would be friends. It was like a circle that would go on and on. Everytime I would run away from him, he would start using me as his own special punching bag. When I was 10, I became best friends with a girl. But she became friends with him and they tried to talk me into being friends with him again. I said no. I told her what he was like. Things aren’t always as they seem. But she didn’t believe me, he seemed ok to her. They wouldn’t leave me alone, so I gave up and said fine. Fast forward almost 2 weeks, she came to me and said she should have listened to me. So she went and told him that we don’t want to be his friend anymore. He snuck up on me later and told me to watch my back. So it continued. That same day, he met me and my friend after school and did name calling. When we turned our backs on him, he threw an ice ball at my head. That is only one of the experiences I had with bullying. I know things like that happen to other people too, kids and adults. That story and other bullying stories is why I made the collage. I think we can help stop it or help people be aware of what it causes if we had a bullying week or even a bullying month at HOL where there would be contests and activities to do with anti-bullying. That would make people aware of the damages that bullying does.

Which is the most important lesson you have learned from the Harry Potter series?

The most important lesson I learned from Harry Potter is that we always have a choice to do what it right or wrong. It’s our choices that determine who we are. Like when Professor Dumbledore said “it is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Professor Dumbledore was very smart. We can see through the whole Harry Potter series that Dumbledore often has lessons in what he says. Harry was similar to Tom Riddle in some ways because he transferred some of his power into Harry that night that he tried to kill him. Harry didn’t want to be put in Slytherin, so the Sorting Hat put him in Gryffindor instead. Even though Harry had some of Tom Riddles abilities, he still chose not to be put into Slytherin. I believe that lesson can be used in real life too. You may have abilities in different things, but it’s your choices that matter the most and what you do with your abilities.

What is your favorite award you've won on HOL? Is there a specific award you are striving for right now?

I have a few favorite awards that I won on HOL so this is a hard question. My first award on HOL is special because it was the start of them and that was the Fantastic Beasts Expert award that I got from one of my classes. But aside from that, my favorite award would be the Jaw Droppers Award which is awarded to Ravenclaws for getting 2000 plus points. There are 2 awards that I would like to work for and they are the Extraordinary Eagle Award and the Ravenclaw of the Year Award. Those awards will be very hard to earn, but would look very nicely in my trophy case.

Would you rather be able to understand any language or play any instrument you pick up? Why?

Most people speak English where I live and the ones who do speak other languages, also speak English. As well, if I travel to other places of the world, there are devices you can buy that can translate the other language into English, so there wouldn’t be as much need to learn it. I would rather play any instrument I pick up. That way I could understand and read all kinds of music, not just piano. I could make up a one person band if I wanted to and that would be so cool.

What specifically have you learned about yourself and HOL Virtual Hogwarts by participating in this competition that you think would help you become a better prefect if promoted?

Before this competition, I didn’t have that much confidence and wasn’t sure if I would do well. I talked myself into it. I want to get more involved in HOL activities and thought this was a good way to start. But I learned a lot through this competition. Every round had it’s challenges. But when round 3 was posted and I saw we had to make a website. I thought this is the end. How am I supposed to do that? I didn’t know one thing about making a website. But then I thought, I have to at least try and I learned as I did it. I surprised myself with what I was able to do during this whole competition. I learned I can do anything if I try. How would someone know they can’t do something if they don’t try, right? That’s what I learned about myself. What I learned about HOL through the competition is more about the people on HOL. I feel more comfortable and like HOL is my second family. I also learned more about the way activities work and the website part that I learned about myself can also fall under what I learned about HOL too. All of this adds up to me being a better prefect if I am promoted. I know what to expect and still learning as I go.

Fashion
Evening Wear

Swimsuit

Outfit of Choice

I chose the background for that outfit since it's close enough to winter, added the puppies to represent my 3 dogs. I chose the sweater because i liked it and wanted a sweater rather than a regular shirt since it is a winter scene. I like blue, so i gave myself the blue pants. The glasses were just really cool looking.

Other Questions

It would be great if I could swim in the Felix Felicis potion because then I would have all the luck you can imagine. With the amount of potion I would be swimming in, I would probably have luck all day and maybe enough to last a few days or longer.

Being trapped in a room with a niffler, a crystal ball, and a quick quotes quill can be unfortunate, the niffler could be breaking things while searching hard for something shiny, the crystal ball could be showing me something bad from the future, especially if it’s Professor Trelawneys crystal ball, and a quick quotes quill automatically writing down everything. I look around for a plan to escape. I notice a window. But if I try to get out of the window, the niffler might get loose and cause trouble, the crystal ball can’t really go anywhere, and I’m not sure if the quill could. I know the crystal ball can be shiny, so I give the crystal ball to the niffler to calm it down and keep it busy for a bit. Then I take out my wand and cast incendio on the paper that the quick quotes quill is writing on, burning up the paper. Then I stack a couple chairs on top of each other and climb up to reach the window. I cast depulso to open the window then climb out onto a ledge. I turn around to cast reparo to fix the window. Then I look down and see how far up I am. I see some more ledges and vines as well. I like climbing, so I start climbing down, sliding down the vines to the ledges until I reached the ground.

True. Winter can be very cold. After being outside in the snow, nothing is better than hot chocolate once I come in. Then if we have marshmallows, they make the hot chocolate even better.

To tell the truth, I don’t go to Hogsmeade that much, but from what I have seen when I was there, I would say Honeydukes has the best holiday sales. Next would be either Flourish and Blotts or the Thrift Shop. I really have to go there more often!

The best thing that happened today was having family time. We watched a Christmas movie today. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Christmas movies are good as long as they aren’t boring and they have to have kids in them, I find movies without kids are boring unless they have enough action. Favorite Christmas movies are the Home Alone movies and A Christmas Carol.

Return to “Mx HOL”