Round Three Results

Moderators: Polaris Black, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Round Three Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:40 am

The results of our third round are IN!

Congratulations to Gail Allen and Shadow Gaunt for winning this round's popular vote! Also, congratulations again to Gail Allen, the judge's favorite for round three!

After round three, the race for Mx HOL is closer than ever! It all comes down to Round Four!

Standings
Gail Allen 1475
Shiloh Adlar 1451
Ravariel Aiwince 1445
Prof. Zoki Phantom 1366
Amanda P.X. Sim 1339
Kendra Givens 1254
Will Lestrange 1254
Alexander Brighton 1212
Shadow Gaunt 1205
Katelin Ross 1163
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Re: Round Three Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:43 am

Contestant: Kendra Givens
Judges Total: 417
Popular Vote: 17
Total: 434

Judge Cowl
Score: 88
Comments: I really admire the dedication you show towards keeping Ravenclaw a warm, vibrant place (and the hourglass full of sapphires) and I think your prioritising of the experience of new students is excellent. I would have loved to hear more about your practical ideas of how to broaden this out so it could be something worked on by lots of HOLers. Your website is crisp and well put together (though I found the initial dark blue colour slightly jarring and would have preferred a paler one). It would have been good to see more about you and your HOL journey; 3 pages (one of which is just for fun) is a little sparse.

Judge Fidget
Score: 81
Comments: I loved that you chose a blog format, it feels so personal which give you a "just like us" feel. A change in background aside from the plain white would be nice. Working to become Prefect is an admirable goal, and it looks like you're definitely on your way to achieving that!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 85
Comments: I admire the initiative with greeting new members. We used to have the First Friends, maybe that should return. I give you props for the efforts in building the website. It’s not an easy task to do.

Judge Catnip
Score: 75
Comments: I love that you are so active and are doing a lot for your house and all of HOL. The puzzles on your blog were a nice touch. Maybe you could have made it more appealing by choosing a Nice background instead of a solid blue.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 88
Comments: Well done! Love your initiative of sending newbies a message and inviting them to IRC! That should really work to involve them more. Your website was well structured and easy to navigate, although I feel you could still tell us more about yourself and your interests. Your fun facts were great!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:45 am

Contestant: Katelin Ross
Judges Total: 411
Total: 418

Judge Cowl
Score: 86
Comments: I seriously loved the quality of your answers. You are one of the contestants who has not only listened to the judge’s feedback but incorporated it into how you do things and that is something I deeply appreciate. I felt you could have taken more care when placing the photos on your website and perhaps spread them out over several pages or sections. For a first attempt though, it’s a very good try.

Judge Fidget
Score: 80
Comments: I like that you included a link to HOL but I would have loved to see your website divided into pages instead of all on one page, but I understand your frustration with creating it! I'm glad you are doing so much to help HOL become a "home away from home" to others too!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 90
Comments: First and for most I loved the pictures on your website. The convention pictures are so awesome, thanks for sharing them. Your answers were great and well thought out.

Judge Catnip
Score: 75
Comments: Your website turned out great, even if this was a first time. I liked the photos, but it would have been great to see some sort of blog or information on there. As for the Q&A part: you are involved in so many things in HOL, that is something I can only praise.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I really like how complete your answers are, and I like the fact that HOL continues to surprise you. I only wish you could propose something different instead of saying that it continues doing activities. I praise you for facing the challenge of doing a website, something you weren’t familiar with, and I’m glad you enjoyed the experience, although I wished you could explain a little bit more and integrate more sections instead of doing a collection of images, which were great by the way!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:46 am

Contestant: Will Lestrange
Judges Total: 396
Popular Vote: 33
Total: 429

Judge Cowl
Score: 89
Comments: The honesty of your answers stood out for me and I feel that you’ve really improved on your approachability from previous rounds. I also thought your reasons were well supported and highly logical. I liked the sleek simplicity of your website but felt you could have done a better job of matching the quality of the images and making all text equally legible as both distracted and detracted from the content.

Judge Fidget
Score: 82
Comments: You did pretty well on your website; I loved that you incorporated previous rounds' items in it, though the dark purple font is hard to read with your background. Do you have other suggestions on improving sorting then?

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: The website is crisp and clean, which is great. Like others have noted, these answers give you a more approachable vibe, which is what we as judges look for.

Judge Catnip
Score: 70
Comments: Awesome website. Nice layout. Your answers are getting a bit predictable though. It would be great to see more of you than Quidditch...

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I like that your answers show your ambitions towards your House and HOL. Your website was good, but I wish you could show us something more than your previous submissions for this competition.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:49 am

Contestant: Amanda P.X. Sim
Judges Total: 449
Total: 466

Judge Cowl
Comments: Your website is absolutely wonderful: easy to navigate, contains a compelling mixture of new and existing content and represents a perfect balance of graphics and words. Your answers could do with some work but I respect the fact that you’re aware of this and are striving to improve.

Judge Fidget
Comments: First, I second Wizard Card #100! I'm interested in your ideas for bringing back our stray members. I love that your website had a walk-through of the pages, but the menu was always available to just go where you want. My favorite parts were the wordsearch and the Marauder's Map link to your HOL profile! Very well done!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 95
Comments: Your website was amazing. I loved how you put so many personal touches on it. I also liked your honest answers. You don’t need to hold positions in HOL in order to be “someone” here. That’s the beauty of it, everyone is wonderful as is.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Absolutely lovely website. The layout, the different things on there, the pictures... I love it. I think you could have answered some of the questions a bit better, even though you haven't any positions, you could have talked about what position you would like for example.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I like that you talk about HOL to the people that surround you, that is a good way to make people interested and join! Your answers were good but you could develop more some of them. On the other hand, your website looks amazing! It was a kind idea to make signatures for your fellow Gryffindors so they can use them! I love your art and the general look of your website! Congratulations!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:50 am

Contestant: Shadow Gaunt
Judges Total: 409
Popular Vote: 50
Total: 459

Judge Cowl
Comments: I was really struck by the quality of your website. It’s visually pleasing, tells us what we need to know and offers some extra detail about you. I appreciated how scrupulous you were about answering the activity and improvement questions: my only disappointment was that you didn’t put as much thought into the other questions.

Judge Fidget
Score: 79
Comments: I'd like to hear more about your community service outside of your House as well as your future plans and any ideas for how the main site can be updated. We're coming down to the wire, we want to hear more! Your site looks great! The "My Collections button doesn't seem to work, it just takes me to your homepage, but I love that you included previous rounds' items and your talents page was really cool!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I think your goals of teaching and being a prefect are wonderful. I have enjoyed seeing you around more lately. Your site was a great way to get to know you more as well.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Although your answers to the questions were answered very briefly, the information on your website made very much up for it. You could have made it even better by playing with the font and backgrounds.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: Good to know that you are trying to participate in all House activities! You say you try to convince newbies to stay in HOL, but how do you do that? It would be good to describe that and some other questions that were missing explanation. Regarding your website, I really loved it! It was very personal, informative, well designed and easy to navigate. Well done!!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:52 am

Contestant: Shiloh Adlar
Judges Total: 452
Popular Vote: 0
Total: 452

Judge Cowl
Score: 96
Comments: Your answers were exemplary in their length and quality. Your dedication to HOL and your house is admirable; I also appreciated your concrete suggestions for the future of our community and the fact that you have put practical thought into the matter. Your website is beautiful and easily navigated (especially the music section). The only draw-back is that the quality of images is very inconsistent and I’d like to have seen a more cohesive selection.

Judge Fidget
Score: 83
Comments: I really enjoyed your photography slideshow, Shilohbowls sound amazing! Do you have any suggestions on how to "get rid of the drama?" It is often hard to make clear our intentions through written (read: typed) words (sarcasm, for instance) and I know that contributes to drama for sure. But how do we prevent it?

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Do you sleep? Music, Photography, all those books, when do you have the time? Everything was amazing as usual. Loved your Christmas song too!

Judge Catnip
Comments: Loved the photo gallery and music on your website. Great answers as always.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 93
Comments: Your answers are very complete as usual so thanks for your effort. Your website was simple but the content of it was amazing! I loved your collection of photos. It is a very creative idea to portray books under different settings that relate to the content of the book. Thanks for sharing new songs, you are very talented!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:53 am

Contestant: Prof. Zoki Phantom
Judges Total: 464
Total: 481

Judge Cowl
Score: 98
Comments: I adored your responses and the insight you gave us into your realistic world view. Your website is superlative and I really appreciated the little tidbits you gave us about your history and real self, as well as the more whimsical additions like the gif section.

Judge Fidget
Score: 91
Comments: You have an excellent use of GIFs on your site, and its very well organized! Great answers to the Community Service questions; I think it's not a matter of how long you've been here, but what you've done with the time you've been given and you have certainly used yours well!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 100
Comments: The website blew me away (though I’m not sure why I would be so surprised). As always I loved your answers too.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Very entertaining website. Great and simple layout. I expected a bit more from your answers to the Q&A, since you have been a member for so long, but overall well done!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: Very good submission! Your answers show a good thinking process, and reflection about the topics. Your website was also incredible I liked that you shared about your HOL-self, and your real life self, and without any doubts, the best part of your website was your reasons why people should vote for you! That was super original, and you really know how to show your personality!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:54 am

Contestant: Alexander Brighton
Judges Total: 410
Total: 443

Judge Cowl
Comments: It’s great to see how, even though you’ve not been here as long as some, you’re intent on doing your best for your house (and HOL in general). Your website is very efficient, though I think it could have been improved with some more information as well as more consistency in spacing and grammar. I really appreciated the fact that you added the music as it really added another dimension to it.

Judge Fidget
Score: 84
Comments: I'm still looking for some more to your answers, but your website looks great! I loved the "Entertainment and Fun" section!!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I really admire and appreciate all your hard work you are giving to this activity. Your website was awesome, the added songs were adorable. Great job!

Judge Catnip
Comments: Since we are in round 3, I would have loved to see a bit more information on your website and in the answers. I loved the YouTube video's on your website!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I like the honesty of your answers. Well done! Your website was also good!! It was simple but very complete, I loved all the parts of it, and I believe it was perfect to add a conclusion. Well thought!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:55 am

Contestant: Gail Allen
Judges Total: 469
Popular Vote: 50
Total: 519

Judge Cowl
Score: 93
Comments: I thoroughly enjoyed your answers and can find no fault in them. I get the strong impression of an active, empathetic person who people could certainly take notes from. I deeply admire you for constructing your website yourself from scratch and with little to no experience. The overall effect is very pleasing (with the text and colour schemes meshing well), though all the scrolling necessary to view it on a small screen detracted slightly (particularly in terms of photos).

Judge Fidget
Score: 91
Comments: Ravenclaw is lucky to have you doing all these things for them! I am super impressed with your website; the colors and layout are great, and your content is displayed in a creative way that makes sense!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I really enjoyed all your answers this round. Your website was great and I really enjoyed all the areas of your life you shared with us.

Judge Catnip
Comments: By far the best website of this round. You put a lot of effort into this! Your answers to the Q&A were also elaborate and clear.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 100
Comments: This submission was amazing and incredible! Your questions were completely answered as usual, and your website was perfect. I can totally see all the hard-work that it was to create it from scratch and all the time and love you invested into it! Your website speaks for itself, so thank you for using one of your talents to show the rest of your talents!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:57 am

Contestant: Ravariel Aiwince
Judges Total: 460
Total: 493

Judge Cowl
Score: 94
Comments: I really appreciate your candid discussion of how you balance, or attempt to balance, RL and HOL. Your website is really appealing: I especially love the strong composition and warm, earthy tones. The Arts and Crafts section is perhaps my favourite as it gives me a chance to see your talent in the context of a full costume. The only thing that lets it down are the watermarks on the front page image.

Judge Fidget
Comments: It's good to recognize what you can or can't do, so that nothing falls through the cracks. You have a beautifully coherent website, I love your costumes! A note on your home page photo, you should spend some time finding ones that are free to use rather than the ones that have watermarks on them.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I am so glad Kyrie poked you into joining this competition; it has been great getting to you know more. When I first opened your website, the colors hit me and I loved them. I enjoyed exploring it and it was great to see your creative side.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Great website. Good amount of information and variety in text and photos. Your answers to the questions were very clear.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 97
Comments: I really love all the detailed of your website. The look of it is cozy and warm and friendly, and the look of it is great, full of details about your HOL self and a great way to show all of your amazing talents. I have nothing wrong to say about it!! Well done!

Return to “Mx HOL”