Round Two Results

Moderators: Polaris Black, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Round Two Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:30 pm

Here are the results of Round Two!

Congratulations to Shiloh Adlar, Gail Allen, and Ravariel Aiwince for tying for the popular vote and to Shiloh Adlar for being the judge's overall favorite this round!

The standings are as follows:

Shiloh Adlar 999
Gail Allen 956
Ravariel Aiwince 952
Prof. Zoki Phantom 885
Amanda P.X. Sim 873
Will Lestrange 825
Kendra Givens 820
Alexander Brighton 769
Shadow Gaunt 746
Katelin Ross 725
Hannah R. Thomas 678

Some pretty big changes from Round One! Keep up the great work contestants!
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Re: Round Two Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Contestant: Shiloh Adlar
Judges Total: 462
Popular Vote: 50
Total: 512

Judge Cowl
Score: 94
Comments: I love your in-depth and candid answers, they give a powerful insight into your personality and life experiences and how those have shaped you. I enjoyed your talent but feel that you focused too much on RQT and not your house as a whole. It would be nice to see your pride for the entirety of Ravenclaw represented.

Judge Fidget
Score: 81
Comments: What a beautiful tribute to your house! Acceptance is very important and I'm glad this is something you are championing here at HOL!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 95
Comments: I love the bracelet and the song is a beautiful tribute to your House!! I completely agree with your platform regarding acceptance around here.

Judge Catnip
Comments: It was great to see you showing two different skills for House Pride. The bracelet is beautiful. I appreciate and admire that you are so open and willing to let yourself show. The answers to the questions were also very thorough. Great entry.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 97
Comments: I don’t think I have anything wrong to say about this submission. You perfectly met the criteria for all tasks and I can see how much effort, dedication and love you put in your submission. I love your bracelet and it’s a great way to show your House Pride everywhere you go! Your answers were very complete, you reflected about the issue. And I also loved the symbolism of the strawberry and how well you identify with that fruit. Amazing job!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Contestant: Katelin Ross
Judges Total: 342
Popular Vote: 13
Total: 355

Judge Cowl
Score: 83
Comments: I seriously admire the pride and heart that went into your scarf; while it isn’t quite perfect yet, I can really feel the effort and love that went into the making. I found your answers a bit too short: in particular, your platform lacked detail. I liked the issue you chose and would really have appreciated your practical view on how to achieve inclusivity.

Judge Fidget
Score: 64
Comments: Your scarf is beautiful! I would have liked more in-depth responses, especially about the character you relate to the most and the Platform response!!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 80
Comments: I would have liked for you to expand on your platform answer a bit. Great job on your House scarf, it looks great.

Judge Catnip
Score: 70
Comments: I love the scarf. Wish I could make such things. Although I can see you put effort into the writing part of this round, I would have liked to see more depth in your answers. Try to explain your thoughts and elaborate on the subjects a bit more.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 45
Comments: As the competition moves on, you need to improve your submissions with every new round because you will be competing against the best and it’s very important to impress everyone. Unfortunately, I don’t think you achieved that in this round. I think your answers were too short, and I don’t want you to write an essay, but I needed to see more effort in your answers. I also think the question about an issue lacked discussion. This was a perfect opportunity for you to propose and show your leadership, but you missed it.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Contestant: Will Lestrange
Judges Total: 408
Popular Vote: 25
Total: 433

Judge Cowl
Comments: I admire your will to better include new students, and how it also betters HOL as a whole. However, I wish your platform was not so individualistic. It would have been good to look outside your own experiences in the past to include some suggestions on how we might achieve what you want in the future. I enjoyed your long and well-considered answers but I worry that your attempts to play up your persona takes away from them. Try to relax and focus more on the content than the tone.

Judge Fidget
Comments: I love your platform response; if we don't keep first years around eventually we won't have anyone! I also agree with your opinions on ambition; it's definitely an integral part of moving forward!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 75
Comments: I enjoyed your platform, but would have liked to see some actual examples on how you were able to make changes for newcomers to be more involved. I did like the unique thought on snake hugs.

Judge Catnip
Score: 85
Comments: What great answers, a pleasure to read. I can der your love for Quidditch and Snakes is big. The graphic could have been a bit more appealing, the 'Slytherin' was hard to see.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 86
Comments: Your submission was good because you answered all of the questions in a proper manner, and very complete all of them. You also made a good discussion about an issue and I liked your graphic, especially because of the phrase you included. That was fun, original, and rounded the complete logic and sense of your graphic.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Contestant: Hannah R. Thomas
Judges Total: 355
Total: 368

Judge Cowl
Score: 79
Comments: I liked your poem but feel it should really have been a bit longer given the importance of this section. While I really valued your honesty, I also think you could have expanded a lot on your answers. Your platform specifically was underdeveloped and slightly tricky to read, though I know and appreciate where you were coming from.

Judge Fidget
Score: 69
Comments: I would like to hear more about your Platform Issue and what you think can be done to solve this problem. Also, the book club is a great place to hang out!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I enjoy your answers, especially your honesty and how humble you are. I did like your House Pride poem as well. Great job!

Judge Catnip
Score: 72
Comments: The issue you brought up, is something I never noticed. Interesting to see what issues people come across. I would have liked to see a bit more in-depth answers to the Q&A part. Tell is a bit more about your reasoning and personality.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 60
Comments: While I think you did a better effort answering the questions, I still feel you were lacking depth in some of them. You address a very important issue, an issue that should be mentioned and not taken lightly, and I’m glad you did, but I would have also liked that you gave propositions and solutions and not only mention the issue. Your poem was good but short. You could have inserted it in a graphic or image to make it more incredible and really scream and show your House Pride.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Contestant: Prof. Zoki Phantom
Judges Total: 449
Popular Vote: 38
Total: 487

Judge Cowl
Score: 91
Comments: your house pride banner is amazing. It is hard to do great graphics, but even harder to do them at the level of pixels as you have. I applaud your platform, as it isn’t one we’ve seen and is an issue that has been neglected for far too long. I do wish you were a bit more hands-on in some answers. For instance, it would be good to know your favorite place in HOL specifically, rather than generally at Hogwarts.

Judge Fidget
Comments: What a cute badger! I love your platform issue, and I'm interested to see what we can do to help with this around HOL. And yay for Kiwi! I don't know too many other people who remember or like this fruit!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 90
Comments: I love how you connected your House Pride banner to the founder of your house. That was wonderful. I really connect with your platform as well. Wonderful work!

Judge Catnip
Comments: I really liked the pixel art! Couldn't agree more on the mental health awareness. I can relate to what you are saying. Great answers to the Q &A part.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 99
Comments: At first I wasn’t sure about the Pixel Art because it was hard to understand the drawing of the animal (although you can infer that is a badger), but after reading your justification for it, I think it was GENIOUS and it definitely shows that was well planned and not improvised, and that really shows the spirit of your house! I agree with you with the issue you discussed and that you are focusing on “creating and inspiring a more positive atmosphere” because it is always better to prevent and having a positive atmosphere would surely avoid conflicts. LOL! I never expected kiwifruit under the justification of “You are what you eat” and you are currently eating one, but I did enjoy that part and it shows your personality! Great submission!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Contestant: Shadow Gaunt
Judges Total: 399
Total: 412

Judge Cowl
Score: 82
Comments: I really enjoyed the concept and composition of your house pride entry, though in future I might suggest using a clearer font for the text. I seriously respect the honesty in your answers but wish you’d been a little more direct about some of them like who should win Mx HOL and what fruit you are. We really want to know what makes you tick!

Judge Fidget
Score: 77
Comments: I like that you not only mentioned the mental but also the physical health dangers of the internet. Its often overlooked. I'd like to know more about how you would go about helping with this issue.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I really enjoyed your picture and of course enjoyed your platform. I also enjoyed your answers to all the questions!

Judge Catnip
Comments: You scared me with that pose! That looks painful. I Couldn't agree more on the mental health awareness. I can relate to what you are saying.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: You have an impressive talent and I liked how you related it with Ravenclaw to show your House Pride! You answered the questions in a complete way and I especially liked your discussion about the internet addiction issue, which I believe can be underestimated so it is important to raise awareness. I think you misunderstood the question about who should be Mx HOL, but other than that, good job this round!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Contestant: Amanda P.X. Sim
Judges Total: 445
Total: 470

Judge Cowl
Score: 93
Comments: I really love your demonstration of house pride! It shows a real flare for making things and also brings your artistic tendencies to the fore. Your answers were very detailed and extremely insightful, though at times perhaps a bit floofy. Perhaps trim them a little so that they come back to focus on you.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Your mug looks so cozy! Did any of your siblings end up being labelled as a watermelon? (fun fact I learned recently from FOODBEAST: Strawberries are not really berries, but watermelon, pumpkins, bananas, and avocados are.... While we've tended to define berries as any small edible fruit, the official definition of a berry is "a fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary.")

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I really appreciate your platform and I like how it makes people see that perspective and your House Pride mug is wonderful.

Judge Catnip
Score: 92
Comments: Butterbeers will taste even better in such awesome mugs. Love it! Great detailed answers to the written part of this round.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: You did a good discussion about the issue of your interest, and talked about a very important one. I liked how you analyzed it and the urgency to ask for respect and credits towards other people’s work. I really liked your mug and decoration, that is a good way to honor your house everywhere. You answered in a very complete way the questions, and I especially liked your reflection about time and the quote you included. Nice job!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Contestant: Kendra Givens
Judges Total: 418
Total: 431

Judge Cowl
Score: 88
Comments: I like your parade of Ravenclaw possessions and your willingness to show house pride wherever you go. However, I wanted to see something more creative or personal that you did yourself to show your house pride. You had very thorough answers, though I wished you were more direct in some and didn’t rely so much on dictionary definitions.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Reminding people about accommodating EVERYONE is very important; I often forget captions too! A pomegranate is a very good choice for you!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I really liked your House Pride pictures. I would have liked to see other ideas for your platform, though I like that it shows you are still learning about it as well.

Judge Catnip
Comments: So many house goodies. Nice to hear you get many comments on them! I would have loved to see a bit more explanation on the Platform part of this round. Maybe some examples, or such.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I would have liked more to see something that you did or created for the House Pride section of this round, however, I can see the logic behind your submission, and how owning Ravenclaw stuff definitely shows how proud you are about being a Ravenclaw, to the point of including it in your working space (which is an amazing idea by the way, I can definitely picture conversations starting because of your banner!) Your answers were very complete and thought out, although I would have liked that you discussed more the issue you are addressing because it is a very important one. I would love to see your suggestions and ideas about it!! I really liked your reflection about the most important thing you have learned in life, and I’m glad you have the opportunity to practice it every day!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Contestant: Alexander Brighton
Judges Total: 390
Total: 415

Judge Cowl
Comments: I really like your approach to house pride and your platform, though I wished both were more in-depth. I liked the confidence you displayed while answering questions, but you could have expanded a lot upon some.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Your posters are great!! I would like to know more about your life lesson learned.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I LOVE that you created a board for your House Pride and platform. It shows hard work and dedication.

Judge Catnip
Comments: I love your craftsy house pride and platform part. Original! I would have liked to see a bit more detailed answers on the Q&A part though.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 70
Comments: I can see your effort on doing your own work to show your House Pride, and I liked you did it by yourself! Although it was original and different to use the same idea for the platform, I’m not sure it worked very well. Putting key words is fine, but I would have liked that you discuss the issue more and reflect about it. Your answers to the first questions were great, but more detailed was missing in the last ones.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Contestant: Gail Allen
Judges Total: 458
Total: 508

Judge Cowl
Score: 96
Comments: I just love your work on house pride. Your stitching is quite detailed for something so small and compliments the scarf it was put upon. Your answers were incredibly detailed and really highlighted the passion and strong beliefs you carry within yourself.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Your Teddy is precious, and I love your fruit reasonings!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Your Raven-bear is so cute! Great work on the crest!! Amazing! I always enjoy your answers and appreciate your thorough answers.

Judge Catnip
Score: 92
Comments: It was really nice to see you putting so much effort in your answers. They were very detailed. I think you brought up a very good issue on the Platform part.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: A teddy bear!!! I love it! That was an amazing solution to show your outfit! Well-reasoned! Hands down to your platform submission! I think that was your strongest part. I can see your passion towards the topic, and the way you discussed it, giving solutions, persuading. Those were the things I was looking for in this task and you nailed it! The answers to the questions were all great, complete and detailed. Well done!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Contestant: Ravariel Aiwince
Judges Total: 440
Total: 490

Judge Cowl
Score: 91
Comments: I adored your poem and the care and skill that went into it, particularly how you celebrate all houses, but especially your own. I think your platform is worthy and original, but I would have liked greater detail on a few of your other answers.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Getting people up and moving is a worthy cause, and I would also love to see more try this!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Your answer, simply put, are amazing!! I am so thankful you joined this competition. Your House pride was wonderful.

Judge Catnip
Score: 87
Comments: Great poen and I love you made a little graphic from it. Your platform issue is a great one! I also really like to do things that get me off the computer, and it gets you in a creative mood. Would have been nice to see a bit more detailed answers to some of the Q&A questions

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 88
Comments: That was such a good poem! Great work!! It does show how proud you are of being a Hufflepuff by enhancing all of the traits and characteristics your House has, and I appreciate that you put it inside a graphic as well! Your answers were very complete also and I find very interest your examples for the issue you are addressing.

Return to “Mx HOL”