Round One Results

Moderators: Polaris Black, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Round One Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:43 am

The results of Round One are IN!

Congratulations to Shiloh Adlar for winning the popular vote and to Ravariel Aiwince for being the overall judge's favorite!

The standings are as follows:
Shiloh Adlar 487
Ravariel Aiwince 462
Vanessa Tilley 451
Gail Allen 448
Prof. Dario Brighton 440
Prof. Zenix James 431
Pavel Lagrange 430
Kaitlyn Nightingale 420
Amanda P.X. Sim 403
Prof. Zoki Phantom 398
Will Lestrange 392
Ellie Warhol 391
Kendra Givens 389
Katelin Ross 380
Alexander Brighton 354
Blade J. Johnson 347
Eden Pheniox 336
Shadow Gaunt 334
Hannah R. Thomas 310

If you are unhappy with your current score, please don't get discouraged! This is my third time running this activity and you will likely see drastic changes in the standings and popularity voting every week!

You can read the comments from the judges below, as well as see their individual scores for your work.

There will not be an eliminations this round, but there might be next round! On to Round Two!
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Re: Round One Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 am

Contestant: Eden Pheniox
Judges Total: 329
Popular Vote: 7
Total: 336

Judge Cowl
Score: 73
Comments: I really like your talent. It is quite refreshing to see something that is not just dancing, singing, playing an instrument, or any of the other 'typical' talents that the judges get to see during this portion. However, I would love to see you take more time and effort on answering the questions that were given to the contestants. One or two sentences are just not enough to show me that you really want the crown.

Judge Fidget
Score: 56
Comments: I have a lot of respect for scouts, and your project is amazing! I would have liked some more to your answers however.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 75
Comments: First I applaud you, as a first year, jumping in and joining this activity. Good for you. I do feel that you should take a bit more time when answering your questions. The judges enjoy reading and learning more about the contests.

Judge Catnip
Score: 65
Comments: You did a great job meeting the requirements of the tasks. I believe you could improve on answering the questions/tasks a bit better. I would like to know your reasoning behind the answers. It is hard to see where you are coming from when answering in one sentence. Your talent is very unique. I really liked your Girl Scout bronze award project!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 60
Comments: Overall, I think you met the criteria by answering all of the questions, showing us your talent and your headshot. Still, I believe you could have done a better job answering your questions. Avoid answering in just one sentence and try to develop your answers a little bit more so we can get to know you better. On the other hand, I really liked your talent and I believe it’s very important to change the world, so good job and keep it up!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 am

Contestant: Blade J. Johnson
Judges Total: 340
Total: 347

Judge Cowl
Comments: I appreciate your candor and how your put Community Service above other categories. However, I find your pessimism a bit out of place in such an activity. Your talent could also be more straight-forward when it comes to showing it off. The coloring of the rooster shows more your ability to draw rather than your ability to work with animals. I would much prefer a photo or a short video of you interacting with different animals.

Judge Fidget
Score: 53
Comments: A headshot would have been nice as well as the process for your drawing, but Elvis looks like a nice rooster! I do have some concerns about your statement, "I'm not that interested in Harry Potter" but I'm really glad you're committed to finishing up your school years.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I enjoyed learning some new details about you through the questions. I think the answer regarding your OWLS did not need to be mentioned though. As far as your talent, if would have been nice to see actual pictures of your animals instead of a coloring page.

Judge Catnip
Comments: From your answers I can see you learned some things the hard way. I admire that you can reflect on your actions and that you are actually doing something with the advice and feedback that is given to you. However, I can also see your pessimism in some of the answers, which is taking the positive vibe of your application away. I believe you could grow in choosing the right words to phrase something. It is all about the way you approach people and the way you say stuff. I love the fact that you are good with animals, would have loved to see a bit more about that, instead of just a coloring page.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: Good! Overall, you made a good effort answering the questions, still I think some of them you misunderstood them. For example, when they are asking you for additional information, make sure to write something that will make your fans love you and root for you. Also, you missed to include your Headshot. I’m glad you tell us what your real talent is but that is difficult to portray on a piece of paper, and your drawing of Elvis the Roost is actually really good.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:33 am

Contestant: Vanessa Tilley
Judges Total: 437
Popular Vote: 14
Total: 451

Judge Cowl
Score: 92
Comments: You did a very good job answering the questions and in such detail as well. You have a very good hold on what your strengths and weaknesses are and how to overcome them. Your drawings are also quite amazing, though I wish I could have seen a finished piece as well.

Judge Fidget
Score: 67
Comments: I love your enthusiasm, and I know you'll find friends here if that's what you're after! Your drawings are beautiful, and I cannot wait to see what else you're bringing to this competition.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 95
Comments: Wow! Your answers were so thought out. I truly appreciate and am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone here in HOL. I am in total envy of your talent as well.

Judge Catnip
Score: 90
Comments: I can tell you are a very kind person by the way you described a 'role model'. I admire that you have grown so much. It can be really hard to make changes in your life, due to the things we go through, but if you overcome those fears, it is really something to be proud of! I love your Bullet Journal and the doodles are great. I feel I know you a lot better know, by the way you answered the questions.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 93
Comments: Good job! I can really see all the effort you put in filling your submission. I appreciate how complete your answers are and how they show your personality. Thank you for being so open with us and I’m glad that HOL is helping you in so many aspects of your life. Your drawings are really good and I can’t wait to see them completely finished!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 am

Contestant: Kaitlyn Nightingale
Judges Total: 406
Total: 420

Judge Cowl
Score: 88
Comments: I loved your talent, you have a really good voice for someone your age and I think the song choice was also complementary to it. I really wish that you would have answered all the questions in such detailed way as the one about your interest in Harry Potter. After reading some of your answers I was left with a wish that you provided more explanation.

Judge Fidget
Score: 62
Comments: Your voice is beautiful! I would like to know more about why you think Personality is most important.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 85
Comments: Your singing was incredible, you should be so proud of yourself. I found your challenge of trying to fit into HOL with people who have known each other’s for years to be very profound. I’m glad you were able to find your way around here.

Judge Catnip
Comments: You have an incredible voice! Loved that you included this as your talent. I would have loved to see your explanations and answers to the 'why' in some of the questions. Then I would have a better idea as to who you are and what kind of personality you have.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 96
Comments: Well done! What I liked the most about your submission was that I could really feel your enthusiasm about this contest and that is something very important to enjoy it much more. I could certainly agree with your reasons about keeping your interest in Harry Potter. Overall, I enjoyed reading your submission, it felt warm and honest.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 am

Contestant: Pavel Lagrange
Judges Total: 416
Total: 430

Judge Cowl
Comments: Your answers to the questions were really detailed, especially for someone who, in his own words, does not like talking about himself and I commend you for that. I also loved your talent and was extremely amused by it. Perhaps a different music choice, something softer, would be a better fit, or perhaps your own explanation of the magic, though I heard that takes away the allure.

Judge Fidget
Comments: I LOVE magic!!! Though I didn't understand the music in the video. Its great that you've been able to find a balance between HOL and your real life, that is something everyone here struggles with!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Your answers were well presented and thought out. The magic tricks were awesome. That is an awesome talent.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Nice talent you have! I really enjoyed watching it. Your answers were very thorough, which is something that I think is important in a contest like this. I can really understand the struggle between HOL life and real life, it is something we all have (or had) to figure out at some point.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 94
Comments: Good job! I really liked how creative your submission was. When opening the link to your talent I expected everything but that, and I believe it was very original. You did an amazing work answering the questions. I liked your definition of a role model and how you justified which is the most important category. I also feel it was very wise your answer about your challenges you had to overcome. It is important to be honest with yourself and I think many would feel identified with you. I liked that you directed to us, judges, and fans, in your last question, and how your personality shows.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:39 am

Contestant: Will Lestrange
Judges Total: 385
Total: 392

Judge Cowl
Comments: Your talent certainly is unique, though a bit expected perhaps. Your speed is certainly admirable, and shows a player who is a force to be reckoned with in the field if said speed could be maintained. You also did quite a decent job in answering the questions, though I would soften the brusqueness of your tone a little bit, since you come off as unapproachable.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Breaking into an established group can be hard, glad you found your place! You are a little snarky, though I expect nothing less from a Lestrange.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Score: 80
Comments: Though you answered all the questions in the application articulately, the context left a lot to be desired. Feel free to open up and show a side we haven’t seen before.

Judge Catnip
Score: 70
Comments: Would have loved to see a side of you that we don't know about. Although I can appreciate the fact that you are all about Quidditch and have such passion for it. It is great to see you have found your place in your house, but be aware that you don't make new members feel the same way you did when you were the 'new kid'.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 83
Comments: This was a a good submission, and what I liked the most of it was how confident you sound, just don’t let that turn into overconfidence because you are doing fine. I’m glad that as the years passed by you felt more integrated in your own house and have made a name for yourself. Well done.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 am

Contestant: Gail Allen
Judges Total: 434
Total: 448

Judge Cowl
Comments: There really is not anything else to say but that I loved your talent and your thorough answers to the questions. You also display deftness with knitting, which is not so easy as it might seem. All around a very solid application indeed.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Standing by your convictions is a good quality. I am glad Mx HOL is deserving of your attention and I'm interested to see how you do in this competition.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Your answers were detailed, articulate, and well thought out. Your talent is incredible. That scarf and pattern are beautiful.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Your thorough answers were a pleasure to read. Your scarf looks great, and that pattern looks hard! A very nice application. Nothing more to add.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 87
Comments: Nice job! I always appreciate a complete submission because it shows your ability to put your thinking into words and speak your mind through written language. I think your answers were well reasoned and smart, but I would like to see more “personality” into them, something that will appeal people more into you. Your talent is perfect and something very handy for the months to come. Well done!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:42 am

Contestant: Shiloh Adlar
Judges Total: 437
Popular Vote: 50
Total: 487

Judge Cowl
Score: 93
Comments: You have a great skill in guitar, as well as singing. I also loved your song choice. Your answers were very thorough and I liked how you still show realism with questions such as your definition of a role model. I do wish that you showed more confidence in the talent section, though.

Judge Fidget
Score: 64
Comments: A very nice song choice. I hope your competitive side comes out a little more as the contest progresses and you gain more confidence.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: You are so adorable. I loved that you played guitar and sang for us. It was amazing. As always, your answers were well thought out and enjoyable.

Judge Catnip
Comments: I admire you opening up and talking about your past. I understand a lot of what you are saying and can relate. Your very thorough answers gave a good impression of who you are. Your talent is incredible!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I really like how personal your submission was. That allows people to know you better and identify with you. I like how this has been like a journey in which you have learned and grown a lot, which after all, is very important, because more than the journey is the road and how you lead yourself, and it’s good that being in HOL has help you. You say you are shy, and I can certainly note something of that in your voice which sounds a little bit shy, so giving it more power would help you. But overall it was good submission!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 am

Contestant: Prof. Zoki Phantom
Judges Total: 384
Total: 398

Judge Cowl
Score: 84
Comments: I really like your poem and the detailed way you answered some questions, though I would prefer if you expanded on some where you put just a sentence or two. Also, I am a bit confused as to what your talent is. It is graphic making or poetry? I wish you were clearer on that.

Judge Fidget
Comments: I love that you included your owl in your headshot, it is always interesting to see what people consider important enough to show as being associated with themselves. I'd like to know more about your feelings towards the story of Harry Potter.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I enjoyed your answers, but would love for you to expand a bit more. I believe your talent is photography and I really enjoyed your pictures.

Judge Catnip
Comments: You overcame a lot of things at HOL, from what I can tell. Would have loved to see a bit more established answers, a bit more explaining about what makes you, you! I really like your talent, the picture is beautiful. It is a talent you can be proud of, and be confident about.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I liked how you combined two talents into one. That was very creative for me. Do not say that you don’t have any talents because it is clear that you have some. Try to raise your confidence so you personality can shine even more, so don’t second guess yourself. Good job!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:46 am

Contestant: Amanda P.X. Sim
Judges Total: 403
Popular Vote: 0
Total: 403

Judge Cowl
Score: 86
Comments: I really enjoyed your answers, especially the ones about your interest Harry Potter world. I quite concur. You make lovely paintings, I just wish that we could have seen some in-between photos as to how such piece was made.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Real life is certainly a real challenge, but I am encouraged to see you have made it to this competition and hope you are able to be with us through the end; I'd like to hear more about Aiko Hoshimi and also what can be done to get you into more community-building activities.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Your answers are wonderful and very thoughtful. You are very talented with your painting and I am so happy you decided to share it with everyone.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Very refreshing look on a role model, I've never looked at it that way. A lot of questions were answered in detail, but I would have loved to see more established answers on the questions about the categories and especially about the 'why' parts. Your have a great talent. I especially love that cat, it's beautiful!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I really liked your answer for the first four questions. They look very mature and thought out, and for me, you stood out by mentioning that you believe that there is a role model in everyone. That is an answer I won’t forget! The last answers seem a little bit more rushed or maybe you didn’t have much to say about those matters, but you got me again in the last one. I definitely wasn’t expecting you to talk about your pets! That was original! And that is a beautiful work of art! Congratulations

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 am

Contestant: Katelin Ross
Judges Total: 373
Total: 380

Judge Cowl
Comments: Your personality really shone through with your answers. You have a very positive outlook on life, which is great. I do not think the song you have chosen is the best fit for you though, next time I would go with something more livelier.

Judge Fidget
Comments: Aside from HOL, I wonder what other HP activities you're into...Good song choice by the way

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Confidence doesn’t seem to be something you are lacking. Great job on your song as well.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Very good to read that you don't let anyone change the way you are. In the society that we live in, that can be really hard sometimes. I liked that you wished the other contestants good luck as well. Nice song choice.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 77
Comments: Well done!! I can certainly say that I am pleased with the way you answered your questions. I like your view of a talent and saying that it is what you like to do the most, and I agree with you on saying that is about showing that you are enjoying yourself , which I think is one of the most important points of this contest. Try to practice your song a little bit more, although I praise that you sang it a cappella.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 am

Contestant: Prof. Zenix James
Judges Total: 402
Popular Vote: 29
Total: 431

Judge Cowl
Score: 88
Comments: I think your talent is excellent and that you picked a song that beautifully captured the soft strength and emotional authenticity of your voice. I also admire your grasp of most of the questions and the way you eloquently put yourself across. However, the sound mixing detracted a little from your performance and I would have liked if you gave more detail on certain answers as a few were quite sparse and did not give me as full an overview as I would have liked.

Judge Fidget
Score: 66
Comments: I love your perspective on challenges! I'd be interested to hear this log story!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I for one love your passion for HOL and Harry Potter. Your application just oozes of it. I was excited you submitted a song as I remember you from HOL Idol. So happy you still sing!

Judge Catnip
Comments: You have a great voice. That's something to be confident about! Would have loved to see a bit more established answers to some of the questions though.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: Nice job. Most of the questions were answered in a very complete manner, but some others you could still complete them a little bit more. I particularly liked that you see challenges as new experiences you can learn from, which is very important because it allows you to not give up and simply try and learn from it. Confidence is key, and I hope this contest is helping you to raise it.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 am

Contestant: Alexander Brighton
Judges Total: 347
Total: 354

Judge Cowl
Score: 74
Comments: I enjoyed reading your application and the assured-ness of some of your answers. I also admired the competent way you handled the piano and your choice of piece as it is both challenging and meaningful. However, I would have liked if you expanded on some of your answers as I struggled to get a complete picture. While I really, really admired the way you can both sing and play, I think you need to focus on strengthening and polishing your vocals, as well as picking songs in a better key for your voice.

Judge Fidget
Score: 58
Comments: I was hoping your headshot would be your own creation. I'm curious as to why you haven't participated in any previous HOL-wide events.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: You had me at your song. I am now an Alexander fan. Kudos for you for jumping into HOL with this activity. I look forward to seeing more from you!

Judge Catnip
Comments: Would have been great to see a bit more established answers, to get to know you more. You couldn't have made me happier with your song choice though!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: Although you answered all the questions, I think you could have done better and complete them in a more detail way. Since this first round was mostly your presentation, I am really looking for complete answers that let me read your thinks process, reflections and style. I don’t think using such a well-known character as your headshot was the best idea…at least it doesn’t work for me, so I would have rather liked for you to create your own. Piano is one of my favorite instruments, I’m glad you are learning to play it! And I love “Beauty and the Beast”, so nice song choice. Well done!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 am

Contestant: Kendra Givens
Judges Total: 389
Total: 389

Judge Cowl
Comments: I like the way your passion for HOL and levelheadedness about priorities came across in your answers, as well as the insight it gave me into your personality and values. But, I would have liked to read a little more and also to hear your solo on the flute, as it was hard to pick you out in the ensemble.

Judge Fidget
Comments: I'd like to hear more about your role models

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: From one band member to another, I love it. Your answers were well written as well. Great job!

Judge Catnip
Comments: The flute, that is something you don't see every day. Lovely! I would have liked to see a bit more established answers, a bit more of your personality in it. I enjoyed your talent.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: Good job answering your questions. Most of them are very complete, although I believe in the last one it would have been a perfect opportunity for you to convince and wow your fans and make yourself memorable, so don’t miss that opportunity! I love music and that tune sounded really happy. I know it is a big accomplishment to coordinate and play with the rest of the band, so congratulations! But it would have also been nice to listen to a piece in which you are playing by yourself.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:51 am

Contestant: Prof. Dario Brighton
Judges Total: 411
Popular Vote: 29
Total: 440

Judge Cowl
Comments: I enjoyed your confident, laid back style of answering and I think you have a true talent and affinity for your instrument, which shone through. However, I would have liked for you to get more personal with your answers as they were a little abstract and glib in places, keeping audience at a distance.

Judge Fidget
Comments: I disagree on your disregard for the Oxford comma, but Bach was a wonderful choice. I generally do prefer elaboration, but I'd also rather one who is saying something as opposed to verbose nonsense, so carry on.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: So many talents!! The piano was exquisite, well done. Well written answers as well.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Your application was a good read. You write in a very inspiring manner. Great talent too! Overall a very nice application.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Comments: I like that you are trying to show your style and personality through your answers, just don’t let that diminish the way you can answer them (although I completely understand your logic behind that). Due to this task was not very difficult, I would expect detailed answers because that is the main tool I have to judge. I’m not saying that they were incomplete, because they weren’t just try to add a little bit more of explanation. I love the piano. That was nicely done and I appreciate the effort you put into booking a time to play your instrument. Congratulations!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 am

Contestant: Shadow Gaunt
Judges Total: 327
Total: 334

Judge Cowl
Score: 77
Comments: I think your talent is fascinating and very unique, I also enjoyed reading your application, as I feel you were quite honest and enthusiastic, however, I would have loved some more context for both: an explanation for your talent as well as some more detail in your answers to really help me understand where you are coming from.

Judge Fidget
Comments: I'd love to know more about your talent, as well as more explanation in future questions.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I enjoyed your answers, but maybe next time could you expand on them a bit. Your talent is awesome.

Judge Catnip
Comments: You are flexible! Wow. Original talent, haven't seen anything like that in the applications. I believe your answers could have been a bit longer, then I would have had the feeling that I got to know you better. Try to improve on that part.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 45
Comments: Although I do appreciate your effort, I think it is important to develop your answers more. I know I have said it before to other contestants, but since for this task we only have your answers to judge for, it is extremely important that you surprise us with them, so I would really appreciate more complete answers. I’m still kind of confused about your talent…it looks like a photograph but also like a painting or something edited to give that effect of a painting. So I’m still not sure if your talent is to contort yourself like that which is amazing, or is it painting, or picture editing…a little bit more of explanation would be good.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 am

Contestant: Ravariel Aiwince
Judges Total: 448
Total: 462

Judge Cowl
Score: 92
Comments: I was very impressed with your refreshing, well considered answers and I really got a sense of where you were coming from, as well as what is important to you. I think your talent is very creative and original, showing a lot of skill and careful thought, though I would have liked to see more of it, like a completed costume rather than just a part.

Judge Fidget
Score: 68
Comments: You answered questions well, and I am glad you have figured out a balance that works for you. I loved the explanation along with your talent; I like learning new things!

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: I am really enjoying getting to know you. Your talent is so unique, especially within this competition.

Judge Catnip
Comments: Great application! You answered the questions in a way that I could relate to you. I also like that you gave a detailed explanation of your talent, and the result is stunning!

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 98
Comments: Great work!! I really have no complaints about your submission. I can totally see the effort you put into writing your answers and I appreciate all the explanation given for your talent, which, by the way, I find very creative and original. I really liked that you mentioned how role models should be aware of the influence they have, because it is indeed something that shouldn’t be taken lightly because in a certain way they also have a responsibility with the people they are inspiring.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:56 am

Contestant: Hannah R Thomas
Judges Total: 310
Total: 310

Judge Cowl
Score: 79
Comments: I really liked how you were able to link all your answers to HOL and the values it represents. I thought you made a bold choice with your talent. However, I feel like you could have gone into more detail with your answers and shown more of the process behind your graphic. I am also not sure about you singling Slytherin out, given what you were writing about HOL, rather than the Harry Potter books, as Slytherin in the books and HOL differ a lot.

Judge Fidget
Score: 56
Comments: I wish you would explain your choices on the categories that you will be judged on and the gender-neutrality question. Also, the process for your graphic.

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: Creating graphics is definitely a talent. Maybe next time show a variety of graphics. Your answers were great and all HOL focused.

Judge Catnip
Score: 55
Comments: Would have been great to see a bit more established answers to some of the questions. I think it would have been an even better application if you put in more of your talent. I don't think I have a really good impression of your talent now.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 40
Comments: Unfortunately, some of the questions weren’t completely answered, and seems like you just rushed to finish with everything. Remember to tell why you think character, personality and creativity are the most important categories, as well as why Mx HOL should be gender neutral. You also didn’t answer the last question which was a lost opportunity for you to convince your fans and show your personality.

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 am

Contestant: Ellie Warhol
Judges Total: 384
Total: 391

Judge Cowl
Score: 84
Comments: I liked your sophisticated answers and level of thought that had gone into them. I also thought your talent was very creative and effort-intensive with beautiful results. However, I feel a bit distanced by the lack of personal details in your answers and would have liked the chance to get to know you better with some elaboration.

Judge Fidget
Score: 62
Comments: I would like more elaboration for future questions, but your talent is quite impressive

Judge Chicken BokBok
Comments: So glad you have found the balance between HOL and real life. I think that’s a struggle we can all relate to. Wonderful cross stitching.

Judge Catnip
Comments: That cross-stitch looks awesome! Very original talent. You could improve on establishing your answers to the questions. I would like to get to know you, see what motivates you, etc.

Judge Nickleby Duckling

Score: 78
Comments: That is an impressive talent and looks very beautiful, I didn’t expect cross-stitching, let alone using scientific patterns, so you managed to wow me. Still, I think you can do a better job answering the questions and explain yourself better. But other than that, good job!

Return to “Mx HOL”