The Topic For Introductions!

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Gwenivere Greenleaf

Postby Gwenivere Greenleaf » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 am

Greetings~
I'm Gwen from Spain, 1st year Gryffindor. I'm an artist and Archaeology graduate, currently studying Japanese because I love languages.
I love fantasy (especially heroic fantasy like Lord of the Rings and similar, but also fairytales, magical creatures...), anime and manga, reading, singing, drawing, daydreaming, sewing, cosplay and Lolita fashion. I have two black dogs, named Sirius and Sora.
Actually, I'm not new at HOL. I was an active member in HOL's very first year (that was like... 2001, right? wow, so long ago...) but I quit in my 2nd year and never came back. I haven't been active in the Harry Potter fandom for a long time, even though it's always in my heart. This year I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books, re-watching the movies, and taking part in a HP live-action role-playing game; it all made me feel so nostalgic and decided to come back and start again (since the website moved, I couldn't access my old account, but I don't mind being a 1st year at all, everything is new and exciting ;) )
Nice to meet you all~
See you around!
Last edited by Gwenivere Greenleaf on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kane Windsor
No broom

Postby Kane Windsor » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 am

Hello,

My name is Kane. I was sorted into Slytherin. This is my first year. Looking forward to signing up for classes and getting to know fellow snakes and fellow students! Currently I am in college on my 3rd yr. And that's about it!

William Heartbeak
No broom

Postby William Heartbeak » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:44 am

Hi,

I am William Heartbeak. Feel free to call me Will or anything you feel like to my name, as I myself am not sure about my last name too. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new, interesting topics here at HOL!
William Heartbeak

Black | Hufflepuff

Theia Bondevik
No broom

Postby Theia Bondevik » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Hello,

My name is Theia Bondevik and I am a First Year Slytherin. I like reading, playing sports, travelling, and listening and playing music (on the violin and piano). One day, I hope to become a healer (doctor) and travel the world. My hope for my first HOL year is to get at least two quills to head onto second year next year and points to support Slytherin by being active around the site and of course, making new friends. :)

Jazmine Parsons
No broom

Postby Jazmine Parsons » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:27 am

Hi. My name is Jazmine Parsons. I am a 10 year old First year Gryffindor and am trying to decide what classes to take and extremely excited for classes to start. There's so many to choose from. I am quiet until I get to know people then I'll come out of my shell more. I'm not a girly girl and I love to make friends. :)
Last edited by Jazmine Parsons on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeonyx Verrier
No broom

Postby Aeonyx Verrier » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 am

Hi all!

I am Aeonyx Verrier, although Nyx is also good.

I am a Slytherin First Year, and, as most people here do, I love reading. I also love drawing, writing, listening to music, playing video games... I just like living, I guess. I've traveled a fair bit, and never plan to stop. I love animals, though I am going to be a forensic pathologist. I want to own a house in the country, with a bunch of animals and maybe a spouse. As for HOL, I simply want to get the most points possible, so as to possibly win an award, and make my parents proud.

I also hope I'll enjoy my first year at Hogwarts!
“Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.â€￾
― Mark Z. Danielewski

Howken Stark
No broom

Postby Howken Stark » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi! I'm a new Ravenclaw student looking forward to taking classes and making friends!
I look forward to finding my place in this community, role playing & quidditch! :)

Take it easy!
HS

Alessandra Grace
No broom

Postby Alessandra Grace » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi everyone :D
I'm Alessandra Grace (you can call me Alex or Ale ) a second year Gryffindor :)

I am 19 years old, 20 in december, and I'm from Italy.
I love reading, writing, hanging out with friends, listen to music and go to the cinema.
My favorite books are the HP saga, Lord of Rings, The Hobbit, the Eragon saga (have you noticed that I love fantasy?), Narnia, and the Agatha Christie books.
My favorite singer is Mika, and my favorite group are Green Day, Aerosmith, Fun.

I'm studying Literature at the university because I want to become a writer, or a teacher ^_^
I love making new friends, so you can add me as friend or send me a PM or a E-Owl :)

See you around,
Alex
Hear me roar!

Lucian Shadethorne
No broom

Postby Lucian Shadethorne » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello, my name is Lucian Shadethorne, and I am a first year Slytherin. I absolutely love reading books, writing stories, listening to and playing music, and creating digital graphics. Hopefully, I will make some new friends during my first year here.

Hanna Inari
No broom

Postby Hanna Inari » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Hello, I'm Hanna and I've just joined HOL. I hope that'll be a wonterful experience as there are so many interesting classes that I can't even choose which I like toe most.

And I think there are lots of interesting people as well so feel free to add me to friends and to write me a message. I'm quite shy but I'd like all of you to write me a line.

I like listening to music, especially folk and indie. In real life I'm 21 year old, starting my 4th year at the university. My major is linguistics, I'm studying English (yes, it's a foreign language for me) and Swedish and also I'm trying to learn Japanese.
My favourite books genres are science fiction and fantasy.
I like watching anime as well as series like Dr. Who and reading manga.
I'm interested in everything connected to linguistics, psychology, astronomy, trying to learn web-design. And magic as well, my main interests are apparation and reading thoughts:)

Can't wait to studies' start to do all these exciting classes:)
Last edited by Hanna Inari on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adalya Gilagant
No broom

Postby Adalya Gilagant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:26 am

1) Name: Adalya Gilagant
2) Nickname: Ada or Lala
3) HOL ID: ad1021
4) Year:1st Year
5) House: Slytherin
6) Blood: Dad says I'm a Pure blood, but I know nothing of my mother so I don't know for certain
7) Brief Introduction: Well I'm an easy going, fun loving person who enjoys hanging out with my friends, taking long walks in the sunshine, and nap. I'd much rather have fun then study and do work, but I still get it done anyways. I also tend to misplace my things, so if you see any of them please return them to me or place them on my bed.
8.) Without getting too personal, my real life: I'm a 20 female who stays at home all day, sleeps in til the afternoon, messes around on the computer til about 2 or 3 in the morning and repeat. I'm currently trying to start up my own etsy business so that I can make money to pay rent.

Meredith Stuart
No broom

Postby Meredith Stuart » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:31 pm

1) Name: Meredith Stuart
2) Nickname: Merry
3) HOL ID: me1120
4) Year: First year
5)Blood: Pureblood
6) Brief Introduction: My name is Meredith, or Merry for short. I'm a very quiet person, only really speaking when need be. I prefer to observe before deciding if I really want to speak. That being said, it doesn't mean I will not respond if someone address me directly. I truly feel that all knowledge and information, regardless of how minuscule or seemingly insignificant, is important to have so I tend to spend most of my time either reading or in the library.
7) Without getting too personal, tell us briefly about your real life (optional): Nothing glamorous really. I work full-time for a telecommunications company. When I'm not working, I tend to cook/bake, read, watch films, and spend time with my friends. In other words, I lead a very simple life

Lamia Brickley
Oakshaft 79

Postby Lamia Brickley » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:14 am

Heyho,
I'm Lamia Brickley, a First Year Hufflepuff student. I am Muggle Born and this is so exciting. I love reading and already bought some books about magic stuff. This is so interesting.

In RL I am 18 years old, turning 19 in November. I'm from Germany and currently studying Chemistry at university. I'll start my thirs semester next month, so I'll be busy studying again, but I hope I'll find the time to continue my revived Harry Potter enthusiasm.
I was actually over the total fan hype about Potter. I still loved it, but it was not the same like in my childhood. But now I can finally join some virtual Hogwarts sites and did so :D
I also want to read all the books again. In German first and in English. Maybe I'll try french or spanish as well. I have read every book just once and afterwards listened to the audio books and watched the films, because I can't read very long at a time and I'm very slow, but I noticed that I really forgot almost everything that happened except the main story line which is told in the films.. That is kind of sad.
I like to play the piano and write poems and short stories, watching movies and meeting friends.

I hope I'll find some new friends here :)

Lamia

Rena Kuro
No broom

Postby Rena Kuro » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello. I'm Rena Kuro a first year Slytherin. I love reading, traveling, and listening to music.While I am typically very shy at first I do love talking to people so feel free to start a conversation with me. I am taking a full five classes right now and loving them^^ In real life I am a sophomore in college and not enjoying that so much <_< Oh well, just another semester until I can start taking the classes I want!

Nice to meet you^^
Rena

Lisbelle Tanwick
No broom

Postby Lisbelle Tanwick » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 am

Hey everyone!

My name's Lisbelle Tanwick but you can call me Lizzy if you want. I'm a First year Ravenclaw and basically a newbie to all things HOL but I've been in the Harry Potter fandom for quite some time. I enjoy: reading, music, travelling and playing sports. I've always been interested in different cultures and because of this, I one-day wish to learn several new languages and travel the world. So far, HOL is probably one of the better if not the best Harry Potter fan sites as I am throughly enjoying my current experience and can't wait for the others that have yet to come.

Glad to meet all of you,
~Lisbelle

Meredith Malkins
No broom

Postby Meredith Malkins » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi I'm Meredith Malkins, happy Huffle who believes she can fly!

I'm moving quickly through all of my classes here at HOL, except Beginners Defense Against the Dark Arts which doesn't let me skip ahead of the class. I expected to be Sorted into Ravenclaw, and on the other Harry Potter site I belong to, that's where I am. However I'm quite happy here in Hufflepuff, though I'm slightly annoyed that the Sett has gone missing! However HOL still is the best site yet, with a good layout, not too busy-looking, lots of things to do and awesome people and classes.

Speaking of things to do, I must be off. See you later!

Vesper Seasun
No broom

Postby Vesper Seasun » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Everyone

I'm Vesper Seasun in Slytherin.
I love reading, I draw sometimes - usually on my computer, I play saxophone and I also enjoy making stuff and baking.
I'm looking forward to getting the most out of HOL and have signed up for classes. :)

Vesper

Margaret Faulkner
No broom

Postby Margaret Faulkner » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello I'm Margaret Faulkner but please just call me Maggie. I'm so excited to be starting my first year at Hogwarts and really hope to be sorted into Ravenclaw! I'm looking forward to making new friends and I'm probably going to end up taking a TON of classes because there's so many things I'm interested in! I love animals and roleplaying and I also do belegarth and a ton of other stuff in real life.
Last edited by Margaret Faulkner on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cecilia Sykes
No broom

Postby Cecilia Sykes » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Hello!

I'm Cecilia (ce890) and I'm a first year Gryffindor. I love reading, watching movies and TV shows, acting, singing, and dancing. I'm 21 and studying theatre. I'm really excited to start taking classes and getting to know people here. I've been a fan of Harry Potter for about 2/3 of my life, which is very strange to think about, but I couldn't imagine a life without it. My favorite assignment of all time was writing about how Harry Potter affected pop cutler and myself personally.

Anyway, send me a message anytime! I'd love to make some new friends. :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
-Walt Disney

Isabella Icenheart
No broom

Postby Isabella Icenheart » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi everyone :)

My name is Isabella and I am a first year Hufflepuff. I've visited HOL a few times in the past but I never had the time to actually DO something here but now the time has come... :D
I'm currently studying Japanese Studies as a graduate student - so ask me if you have any questions about that fine country - but I have a lot of other interests as well. For example, fashion, classic literature, dancing (and everything involving music basically) and travelling of course.

I am currently re-reading the Harry Potter book series in English and yeah...I'm really excited about the classes offered here and psyched to get started.
So let's do this! :D

Return to “The Great Hall”