The Topic For Introductions!

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Headstudent, Prefect

Astra Carling
No broom

Re: The Topic For Introductions!

Postby Astra Carling » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:41 am

Hi. I'm Astra Carling. I'm just learning my way around.
I'm a pure-blood witch, but I didn't know it until my letter arrived. My parents felt that our family would be safer if we didn't attract attention , so they were living like muggles, at least as far as I knew.
When my letter arrived, I thought it was some sort of joke, but they sat down and explained everything to me.

It isn't a joke, right?

Anyway, I've been sorted into Ravenclaw, and I hope to make friends and learn loads.

I might eventually post my muggle introduction...

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Welcome newbies!!! We're excited to have you here! Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Arfæstne Mowbray
No broom

Postby Arfæstne Mowbray » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello! I'm Arfæstne (just... make up a nickname, I don't mind), and I'm a Hufflepuff First Year, a Londoner and an on-and-off member of about 5 different hogwarts sites at this point ;u; This is my gap year before university, and I'm hoping to study Sociology and History. I've never been sorted into Hufflepuff before so this makes a nice change! My particular interests Hogwarts-wise are runes, wandlore, procrastination, magical theory and ethics, and I've been analysing wands for people for a little while now.

I reckon the site structure will just take me a while to get my head around, so I'll try and hold off with questions about that. But if anyone can tell me which, if any, classes I can join this late in the term I'd be very grateful! The classes page says, or at least implies, that you can join some but not all classes mid-term, but the individual entry-level class pages I've looked at don't seem to include information as to whether they can be joined mid-term. Do I just join a couple and hope? Is it even possible for me to pass a class at this point? Sorry if this information is somewhere in the handbook, I think I've read it all but I could have missed something.

Edit: I missed something. Thanks Professor Black!

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:28 am

Hi and welcome to HOL.

You should still be able to join most classes and the professors will adjust the assignment due dates for you. I would recommend sending a message to the professors though so they know you want to join (many don't regularly check the sign ups at this point in the year). If you're interested in musicals my class is happy to accept new students!

Enjoy the classes you choose (I always have a hard time narrowing it down to 5!)

~Max
Slytherin forever

Rayven Field
No broom

Postby Rayven Field » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi!

I'm Rayven Field and I may or may not have had my mind wiped of most of the account information for my last account on this site... I really am hopeless, aren't I?
Oh well, I kept forgetting to hand my homework in.
I promise to be better this time.
Or to just not join any classes.

ANYWAY

I've been sorted into Hufflepuff and I'm excited to start my journey here again and to make the same friends as I had before!

Please ignore everything in tiny font. I'll regret this later even without you mentioning it.

Violet Diamandis
No broom

Postby Violet Diamandis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi, everyone! I'm Violet Diamandis, a new ickle Slytherin firstie. I'm 22(aren't I ancient :blink: ) and I'm from Georgia, Usa. Feel free to pm me...I'm super chatty, haha. In my free time I enjoy reading sad books, watching Forensic Files, and playing with my bantam hen, Fred. Yes, her name is Fred. I'm excited to meet you all!

Samara Reagan
No broom

Postby Samara Reagan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Hiya! My name is Samara (S-uh-mar-uh) Reagan (R-eh-g-anne) and I am a Gryffindor first year!~ I AM SO EXCITED TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS. I am also SUPER excited to start potions class. Making stuff and getting my hands dirty is one of my favorite things to do, that's why I love cooking. Reading is another fun thing I love to do OH OH OH and writing is cool too. They take you to another UNIVERSE!~ Anyway~ That's all I have to tell for now! Buh-bye!~
~ Samara Reagan
Proud Gryffindor
I love making new friends, contact me at any time!

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun May 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Vanessa and I am an official first year Ravenclaw! I live in North Carolina in the USA. I love reading, writing, drawing, and painting. I am a huge animal lover and currently have 5 dogs and 3 cats. I am so excited to be a part of this amazing group and look forward to all the new friends I will be making!!

Rowan Oswald
No broom

Postby Rowan Oswald » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello, Rowan here. I'm a Ravenclaw first year, it seems no matter how many sites I've been sorted on I always end up in Ravenclaw. I'm 23 (absolutely ancient, shh). I live in the UK and try to read as much as I can, but being a student nurse doesn't leave a lot of free time. I'm excited to be here, really looking forward to classes starting after the summer!
Ravenclaw/\First Year/\They/Them pronouns

Rosie Rivers
No broom

Postby Rosie Rivers » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello, my name is Rosie Rivers and i am a first year Hufflepuff.I live in a small town in Wales surrounded by castles and beautiful scenery. I love to read, scrapbook and play hidden object games online.I have been taking part in lots of different activites going on throughout HOL and i have had so much fun. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here.I can't wait to get started on my class work.

Marie Dark
No broom

Postby Marie Dark » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 am

Greetings and Salutations Everyone! My name is Marie Dark and I'm a second year Gryffindor... I started this site a long time ago but things kept coming up in life for me to take care of first.... so things have calm down a bit and I'm back!!! My hubby has now joined and he's in Ravenclaw but that's ok.... I still love him!!!! Lol we banter back and forth regarding this site so it's great.... well, it's great to be back.... we need more ACTIVE GRYFFINDORS. ... (((but completely understand things come up in life))) :rolleyes: :D :)

Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello my name is Austin Ollivander Black. I am a second year Ravenclaw. My wife introduced me to this site I love her (even if she's a Gryffindor.lol just kidding) I am a proud Ravenclaw and hope to make the RQT this year. GO EAGLES!
Image QWC 2017

Return to “The Great Hall”