What Is In A Name?

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Headstudent, Prefect

Vanessa Hewitt
No broom

Re: What Is In A Name?

Postby Vanessa Hewitt » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 am

I must admit that I'm a very sentimental person, so both parts of my name come from two different friends of mine that I've made over the years. The first part of my name, Vanessa, comes from the first friend that I ever made, and the last name, Hewitt, is the last name of another dear friend of mine. I thought that the names sounded pretty together, and ta-da! Name acquired.

Aidan Baker
No broom

Postby Aidan Baker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:25 am

How I got my name is pretty boring really. My first name is Aidan anyway, so for a lack of confusion during classes i decided to stick with it. For my last name , i really like baking and baker has always been a name i go to when writing characters so, baker it was.

Arfæstne Mowbray
No broom

Postby Arfæstne Mowbray » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:36 pm

I have a few go-to aliases but I decided I'd mix it up this time. Arfæstne is actually a mangled form of an old English abstract noun? And Mowbray's my mother's maiden name.

Astra Carling
No broom

Postby Astra Carling » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 am

Astra means star, so that is a name with a magical aura.
Carling means a hill where witches gather, so it seemed quite appropriate.
I love creating names!

Michael Fu
No broom

Postby Michael Fu » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:01 pm

My name radiate with my renewal spirit to the death of my bad life experience, and a rebirth with fresh experience in the future.
It's unique in way that my real Chinese first name actually similar to Phoenix. B)

Rowan Wildsmith
No broom

Postby Rowan Wildsmith » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:32 am

My name was originally something I came up with for my bff. She's always been a huge Ravenclaw (even though Pottermore sorted her into Gryffindor at first). I wanted to come up with a name for her to use online so I chose Rowan. She didn't have any interest in roleplaying so I ended up using it on here instead. Wildsmith just sounded very...magical.

Marie Dark
No broom

Postby Marie Dark » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 am

When I created my account I simply felt it was asking me truthfully.... so boring me put me down as me!!!! So yes it is my name and it says so on my drivers license.... lol. I guess I never felt like changing it..... maybe I should be a Black or Last name Griffin..... lol :D :lol:

Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:36 pm

My name is rather easy. Austin is my real first name. As for the middle and last I wanted a very strong magical name with ties to a magical family bloodline (also one I could make a back history to) So my middle name is Ollivander after the greatest family of wand makers. My last name for one of my favorite wizards Serius Black who is my cousin.
Image QWC 2017

Return to “The Great Hall”