Gryffindor Prose and Cons: POINTS!

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Prefect, Head Student

Prof. Zenix James
Moontrimmer

Gryffindor Prose and Cons: POINTS!

Postby Prof. Zenix James » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:09 am

Hello! And welcome to Prose and Cons. I will try and make this short and sweet! Prose and Cons is an extension of the Gryffindor Paw Print. This is a way for you all to let your expressive sides soar into the world and earn points, which we all love. We have three different sections: Short story, poetry and the caption contest.

Let us begin.

THEME: HALLOWEEN

SHORT STORY Worth 10 points

For the short story contest, we would like you to write a short story about your experience at Hogwarts and the wonderful season of Halloween. What are you up to this time of year? What mischief have you befallen? A 300 minimum has been set for this contest.

POETRY Worth 10 points

For this contest, you can have free reign in poetry. You can write haiku, you can write long verse, whatever suits your purpose. Limits have been set. We need at least 2 stanzas of free verse being 6 sentences long per stanza and if you choose to write haiku, we need 3 haiku stanzas.

Allow me to quote a haunting entry from a favorite author of mine.

The Raven By Edgar Allan Poe

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

CAPTION CONTEST
Worth 10 points

Below will be two pictures and your goal is to caption those photos. If you do not know what caption means. It means that you will create a dialogue between the characters in the photos to whatever you want them to say. But, be direct and be short.

Caption 1: https://imgur.com/a/JN60B
Caption 2: https://imgur.com/a/wUwe7

Side note: You can impose your captions directly onto the images or you can add them on to the side if you don't want to superimpose them directly onto the image.

Submission Requirements:

Please remember that these points are classified as 30 of 40 extra points you can earn for the Paw Print, so they will not count toward you 50 points total for other submissions to the Paw Print.

Please submit your entries all at once to: Gryffpawprinthol@gmail.com

Subject: Gryffindor Prose and Cons

Within the submission, please include your HOL Name, HOL ID, and HOL House.

All right, people, have fun and dig in! If you have questions, shoot them at me!
Born This Way| Music <3|Book Lover

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.

Return to “The Great Hall”