General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

BINGO 2017/18 - A Creative Writing Challenge

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Alte Sententiam BINGO: A Creative Writing Challenge

Rules:
- The Alte editors and I will provide a BINGO board with writing prompts that can be done per issue. This board will remain constant throughout the HOL school year.

- HOLers are welcome to take a prompt from the board and submit a short story relating to that prompt.

- You are allowed a maximum of 20 points for this challenge PER ISSUE, 10 points per short story. You are, however, free to submit more stories (from the prompt) should you want. I'm not stopping anyone from doing so, but please note that I can only give you a max 20 points for this challenge per issue.

- Short stories should be 300 words or more. This is not a drabble, so we'd like a little more effort, please. Conversely, please take note that you will only be getting 10 points per submission. Try not to send us anything longer than 1500 words (as much as I love getting longer stories, I do not want my editors and me to go crazy going through submissions).

- All work MUST be your own. Plagiarized stories get burned by my pet dragon. Maybe I might even send my unicorn after you soon after. Just don't copy somebody else's stuff, please.

- Send all submissions in the body of your email to alte.sententiam@gmail.com with the subject "BINGO: Your Story Title". Please include your HOL name, ID, and which prompt you are using so we can keep track of your progress.

- For any further questions, please feel free to ask any of the editors (Polaris Black, Gail Allen, or myself). We can be reached via email or at alte.sententiam[at]gmail.com

BINGO Board:
(Click on the image for a larger version)

October Issue Deadline: SATURDAY, 30 September

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: BINGO 2017/18 - A Creative Writing Challenge

Postby Marie Dark » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:47 am

Quick question. .. will different cards be given out each month?? I don't see me writing so many story's now that the month is half way done. :unsure: I think I chose the wrong Bingo challenge.... lol I chose the book bingo but that's good the whole year.... but I feel I could do this one better... hmmmm ((scratching head with pencil))

Gail Allen
No broom

Postby Gail Allen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:44 pm

No, there will not be a new card each month. This bingo-card will be valid for the whole school year of 2017/2018, so there is no need to worry :D

You can submit two stories to each issue of the Alte newspaper and be rewarded with points for them. If you submit more than two stories you will not be rewarded with points, but you are still very welcome to submit them.

I hope this answered your question :)
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 pm

We're accepting another round of BINGO submissions for the next issue of the Alte! Get your stories in!
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|

Return to “The Great Hall”