The Eagle Awards 2017

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Headstudent, Prefect

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

The Eagle Awards 2017

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Ravenclaw Pride Month is ending, which means it's time to announce the winners of...

The Eagle Awards!

Most Feared Eagle
Is our first winner plotting to bring down HOL using dark magic and gum disease? We may never know, but we’re definitely afraid! After all, her previous signature did warn us that she’s a nightmare dressed like a daydream. Congratulations, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt! <3
Also nominated: Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk

Best Graphic Skills:
This next eagle is mostly in retirement, but has still provided us with dazzling graphics, including for summer camp, the Alte, and many of the signatures you see around the forum. Thank you, Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk!
Also nominated: Polaris Black, Ashley Margaret, Joey Stark

Funniest Eagle:
“Who’s the funniest eagle on the roost?” has an obvious answer for me, and it turns out most of our nominators agreed! Prof. Ryan Granger, you’re hilarious, and I’m having the hardest time making this post even half as amusing as you did last year. Thanks for brightening our days!
Also nominated: Pavel Lagrange

Best Ability to Inspire Loyalty:
That awkward moment when you win one of the awards you’re organizing… “Congratulations to...myself! Prof. Arielle Lemoyne!” >_> but thanks guys! You inspire loyalty in me, too! <3
Also nominated: Polaris Black, Astrid Black, Ashley Margaret, Prof. Ryan Granger

Best Alte Submission:
This award goes to one of the Alte’s senior editors, who brilliantly shared her love of bioarchaeology and travel! Thank you, Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi for your exciting articles and hard work!
Also nominated: Prof. Ryan Granger, Joey Stark

Best New Eaglet
It’s hard to believe this year’s winner hasn’t just been around forever. She’s already been helping out in the debate club, has been on the quidditch pitch for several RQT games, and is one of Ravenclaw’s highest point earners. Congratulations Gail Allen, we’re lucky to have you!
Also nominated: Kendra Givens

Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Gryffindor:
Scarlet Lacarnum must have had some brave deeds to her name this year, because she’s most likely to be confused for a Gryffindor!
Also nominated: Ariella McManus, Gustavo Flores, Prof. Ryan Granger, Elena Galatas, Gail Allen

Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Hufflepuff:
She might be a particularly good finder, or she might just be a kind and hardworking student. Our eagle with Hufflepuff qualities is Lavinia Rookwood!
Also nominated: Siobhan Burke, Hannah R Thomas, Polaris Black

Ravenclaw Most Likely to be confused for a Slytherin:
Our ambitious and cunning student this year is Ariella McManus! She has the very best of the Slytherin qualities - let’s just hope she doesn’t get carried away and actually try to become a slytherin!
Also nominated: Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi, Prof. Mark Mandrake, Elena Galatas

Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, OR Slytherin Most Likely to be Confused for a Ravenclaw
Since she’s the top points earner in all of HOL, it’s no surprise that people think this diligent student is a Ravenclaw in disguise! Arianna Stonewater, you’re welcome to switch houses anytime ;)
Also nominated: Maxwell Shadow, Ivelisse Ada

Most Likely to Poke Someone with a Wand:
The head prefect of Ravenclaw, Polaris Black, is constantly poking people to remind about stuff, and that’s a good thing! Congrats Polaris, and thanks for keeping the Roost running smoothly!
Also nominated: Prof. Ryan Granger, Prof. Mark Mandrake, Matilde Rayne

Most Obsessive About Anything:
Whether it’s Harry Potter, Outlander, or just books in general, this eagle is passionate about many things. Congratulations to the founder of the Jamie Fraser Appreciation Society, Ashley Margaret!
Also nominated: Hannah R Thomas, Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi, Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk

Most Likely to Get Lost
I’m sure you can guess who’s won this award: the eagle who would also be most likely to be trapped in a well for 400 years! Prof. Ryan Granger, come get your award - if you ever find your way out, that is!
Also nominated: Ashley Margaret, Ariella McManus

Most Likely to have a Fan Club:
She may be the most feared Ravenclaw, but she’s also the most adored! Membership in the Prof. Kyrie Adderholt Appreciation Society has only been growing! Congratulations, Kyrie!
Also nominated: Joey Stark, Shiloh Adlar, Hannah R Thomas, Kaiwa Alexandra, Ariella McManus

Most Likely to be Volunteered by Everyone Else to do Things
I’m pretty sure “be volunteered by everyone else to do things” is part of the job description of head prefect, and Polaris Black is definitely living up to that! Thank you, Polaris!
Also nominated: Prof. Arielle Lemoyne, Ariella McManus, Joey Stark

Most Giggly:
“Giggly” might not be the best word to define her, but her sunny personality and kindness definitely brings a smile to our faces. Congratulations, Hannah R Thomas!
Also nominated: Elena Galatas, Shiloh Adlar, Ashley Margaret

Most Helpful:
If you ever need help with anything, you know you can rely on Siobhan Burke! She’s one of our most active prefects who’s always there to lend a helping hand! Thank you, Siobhan!
Also nominated: Prof. Arielle Lemoyne, Polaris Black, Shiloh Adlar

Most Enthusiastic:
For this next award, we have someone who is enthusiastically promoting Ravenclaw spirit, on the roost, during quidditch matches, and around HOL! Congratulations, Elena Galatas!
Also nominated: Polaris Black, Scarlet Lacarnum, Kendra Givens

Best Typo on IRC:
IRC popularity is definitely at an all-time low as we only got three votes for this category. But even when Prof. Arielle Lemoyne is just in #ravenclaw talking to herself, she’s still typo-ing!
Also nominated: Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Most Diligent Student:
Did you know the highest point earning newbie is in Ravenclaw? That’s right, Gail Allen, who already has 1800 points, is our most diligent student this year. Keep those points coming, Gail!
Also nominated: Olivia Thorneblood, Aidan Baker, Polaris Black, Alexander Brighton

Most Likely to Break out into song for No Reason:
Our last award this year goes to a music-loving eagle, who’s shared a number of great songs in the E=McHammer forum and always keeps us smiling and singing along. Congratulations, Astrid Black!
Also nominated: Prof. Arielle Lemoyne, Prof. Ryan Granger, Kaiwa Alexandra

Congratulations to all of these winners! You make Ravenclaw the wonderful house that it is! <3

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: The Eagle Awards 2017

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:37 pm

:wub: :wub:

Great job Eagles, and thank you for my shiny!

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Postby Ariella McManus » Tue May 02, 2017 10:00 pm

I know this is way late; but thank you all for the new shinies!! Hmmm.....get carried away and become a Slytherin?! Who, moi :ph34r:
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Lavinia Rookwood
Oakshaft 79

Postby Lavinia Rookwood » Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Huh! I always did say I was a bit of a Ravenpuff (though my dad claims it should be Huffleclaw). So thank you for proving me right! :D :D

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun May 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Congrats to all the lovely winners of the Eagle Awards this year! Great job everyone!!!

Return to “The Great Hall”