Alte BINGO 2016 - A Creative Writing Challenge

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk
Cleansweep One

Alte BINGO 2016 - A Creative Writing Challenge

Postby Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:12 pm

After such a great turnout last schoolyear, is it really no surprise that we're keeping Alte BINGO going strong? So come one, come all! Send us your submissions!

Alte Sententiam BINGO: A Creative Writing Challenge

Rules:
- The Alte editors and I will provide a BINGO board with writing prompts that can be done per issue. This board will remain constant throughout the HOL school year.

- HOLers are welcome to take a prompt from the board and submit a short story relating to that prompt.

- You are allowed a maximum of 20 points for this challenge PER ISSUE, 10 points per short story. You are, however, free to submit more stories (from the prompt) should you want. I'm not stopping anyone from doing so, but please note that I can only give you a max 20 points for this challenge per issue.

- Short stories should be 300 words or more. This is not a drabble, so we'd like a little more effort, please. Conversely, please take note that you will only be getting 10 points per submission. Try not to send us anything longer than 1500 words (as much as I love getting longer stories, I do not want my editors and me to go crazy going through submissions).

- All work MUST be your own. Plagiarized stories get burned by my pet dragon. Maybe I might even send my unicorn after you soon after. Just don't copy somebody else's stuff, please.

- Send all submissions in the body of your email to alte.sententiam@gmail.com with the subject "BINGO: Your Story Title". Please include your HOL name, ID, and which prompt you are using so we can keep track of your progress.

- For any further questions, please feel free to ask any of my editors (Ashley Margaret, Polaris Black, Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi) or myself. We can be reached via email or at alte.sententiam[at]gmail.com

BINGO Board:
(Click on the image for a larger version)

October Issue Deadline: Friday, 30 September

Amanda P. X. Sim
No broom

Re: Alte BINGO 2016 - A Creative Writing Challenge

Postby Amanda P. X. Sim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Does "pick your poison free choice" mean an article of anything you like?

And how does one achieve Bingo?
Amanda P. X. Sim | am970 | Gryffindor | Third Year
"Magic lies within the hearts of those who choose to believe"

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Amanda P. X. Sim wrote:Does "pick your poison free choice" mean an article of anything you like?

And how does one achieve Bingo?

Hi Amanda!

Pick your poison does in fact mean you can write a story about anything you'd like.

To achieve Bingo you need to get five in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.

Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk
Cleansweep One

Postby Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Just a reminder that deadline is coming up soon! Send in your subs! :)

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:39 am

Hi! Totally new here and getting settled in. am i supposed to send the Drabble Babbles to the Alte Email as well?

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Postby Polaris Black » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:26 am

Hi Katya and a warm welcome to HOL!

You are correct - send all DBC submissions to alte.sententiam@gmail.com with the subject: "Trains DBC" by Friday 9 December. Please include your HOL Name and ID in the email.

Looking forward to reading your submissions!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Thanks so much! one more question, i'm sure it must be an obvious answer but i like to be very sure. they don't ALL have to be Harry Potter based right? i can do original work or like, Dr. Who themes if i wanna so long as they conform to the Hol Rules right? (i'm kind of thinking this is so, but i like to be sure of myself.)

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Postby Polaris Black » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Katya Snow wrote:they don't ALL have to be Harry Potter based right? i can do original work or like, Dr. Who themes if i wanna so long as they conform to the Hol Rules right?

Once again, you are absolutely correct, Katya! However, Drabble Babbles must be exactly 100 words and, for this issue, have something to do with Trains.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Katya Snow
No broom

Postby Katya Snow » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks for all the help! ^^

Return to “The Great Hall”