After such a great turnout last schoolyear, is it really no surprise that we're keeping Alte BINGO going strong? So come one, come all! Send us your submissions!Alte Sententiam BINGO: A Creative Writing Challenge
- The Alte editors and I will provide a BINGO board with writing prompts that can be done per issue. This board will remain constant throughout the HOL school year.
- HOLers are welcome to take a prompt from the board and submit a short story relating to that prompt.
- You are allowed a maximum of 20 points for this challenge PER ISSUE
, 10 points per short story. You are, however, free to submit more stories (from the prompt) should you want. I'm not stopping anyone from doing so, but please note that I can only give you a max 20 points for this challenge per issue.
- Short stories should be 300 words or more
. This is not a drabble, so we'd like a little more effort, please. Conversely, please take note that you will only be getting 10 points per submission. Try not to send us anything longer than 1500 words (as much as I love getting longer stories, I do not want my editors and me to go crazy going through submissions).
- All work MUST be your own.
Plagiarized stories get burned by my pet dragon. Maybe I might even send my unicorn after you soon after. Just don't copy somebody else's stuff, please.
- Send all submissions in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "BINGO: Your Story Title"
. Please include your HOL name, ID, and which prompt you are using so we can keep track of your progress
- For any further questions, please feel free to ask any of my editors (Ashley Margaret, Polaris Black, Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi) or myself. We can be reached via email or at alte.sententiam[at]gmail.comBINGO Board:
(Click on the image for a larger version)October Issue Deadline: Friday, 30 September