Submit to the Wizarding Times!

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Prefect, Headstudent

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Submit to the Wizarding Times!

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:12 pm

We are now accepting new submissions for the first issue of the year. The WT staff wanted to revamp this years WT issues and bring it back to the way it used to be. We want the issues to be more Hufflepuff centered. Does that mean everything has to be Hufflepuff orientated? No, but we do want to focus on Hufflepuff a bit more, though we do encourage all houses to participate.

So in that, we have come up with some possible ideas that you can contribute when sending in your submissions.

Articles ideas:

Quidditch Article + IRC Conversations - one can employ that technique (using IRC) or do a Quidditch article or both.
Article Dialogue Style - This is kind of a short story having conversations between two or more characters, could be Hufflepuffs.
Interview: Love Potions - Interview of someone regarding a specific topic
Love Doctor Advices - Advices on love
Weird Wizarding Dilemmas - Advices on anything, weird, funny things
Horoscopes - astrology stuff

Games:
15-item Quiz
Riddles
Trivia Questions
Maze
Number Blocks
Fallen Phrase

Adverts:
HQT
Badger Buddy
Any area or activity in the Sett
Art department
HOLLERS

Please send an email if there is an idea or submission you would like to claim, so we know who will be doing what. Please send all questions or submission ideas to wizardingtimes[at]gmail.com.

The due date for submissions is August 28th, 2016.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Re: Submit to the Wizarding Times!

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Also this year we are starting a new section of the WT! Many of the other newspapers have an extra section that can be more creative in nature. The staff decided that the Times needs this as well, with a Hufflepuff twist.

There's a Hufflepuff in all of us

This section will include

My Garden:

For this month; we would like you to tell us about a plant(s) that are native to your area of the world. Write a short story, an experience you have had with the plant, or simply tell us about the plant (minimum 200 words). worth 10 points

Even better take a picture of the plant to accompany your story. worth 10 points

My Kitchen:

What if your favorite summer food? Write a short story, an experience, or explain how you came to love the certain food. (minimum 200 words). worth 10 points

Even better take a picture of the dish to accompany your story. worth 10 points

Pictures must be your own (and include your HOL ID on a slip of paper). You may also drawn your picture if you would prefer.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Just a few more days to get you submissions in!!

Nora Nightingale
No broom

Postby Nora Nightingale » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:25 pm

I saw this post the other day and was kind of toying with the idea of a Buzzfeed-esque article titled "__ Reasons Why Every Slytherin Should Choose a Hufflepuff Partner" or something of the like. Is that rubbish, or should I come up with a draft?
I'm a Slytherin who's hopelessly in love with a Hufflepuff.

Nora Nightingale
No broom

Postby Nora Nightingale » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 pm

I could make it more general, like, why everyone needs a Hufflepuff partner, etc. but I feel that's kind of already been done in other places.
I'm a Slytherin who's hopelessly in love with a Hufflepuff.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:08 am

Nora Nightingale wrote:I saw this post the other day and was kind of toying with the idea of a Buzzfeed-esque article titled "__ Reasons Why Every Slytherin Should Choose a Hufflepuff Partner" or something of the like. Is that rubbish, or should I come up with a draft?

Nora Nightingale wrote:I could make it more general, like, why everyone needs a Hufflepuff partner, etc. but I feel that's kind of already been done in other places.

Nora - per the first post; "Please send an email if there is an idea or submission you would like to claim, so we know who will be doing what. Please send all questions or submission ideas to wizardingtimes[at]gmail.com." Both of those ideas sound lovely, if you would like to discuss your ideas further, send us an email! :)

Ivelisse Ada
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ivelisse Ada » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Did you check out the shiny new edition of The Wizarding Times? Want to get your name in the next publication and earn yourself some points? You're in luck! We're now accepting submissions for the next issue!

Check out Rorey's first post for some possible ideas for submissions. Send us an e-mail at wizardingtimes[at]gmail.com with your submission ideas/claims, or if you have any questions!

Remember, a maximum of 50 points can be earned for submissions in the following ways:
- Article/Interview/Poll (Must be written up and have an introduction): 10 points per published submission (max. 20 pts.)
- Art/Games/Ads: 5-10 points per published submission (max. 20 pts.) Ads should be no more than 450 pixels wide.
- Fiction/Poetry/Receipe: 5-10 points per published submission (max. 20 pts.​)

All submissions are due October 23rd, 2016.

Stay tuned for this issue's themes for There's Hufflepuff in All of Us (and the opportunity to earn EVEN MORE POINTS!)
Thank you to Prof. Kyrie Adderholt!!

Return to “The Great Hall”