The Eagle Awards

General HOL Discussions

Moderators: Prefect, Head Student

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

The Eagle Awards

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:32 am

Happy Ravenclaw Pride Month!

Activities will be starting soon. In the meantime, we’d like to kick things off with The Eagles Awards! Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, nominate the most deserving eagles for the awards below. Both Eagles and non-eagles are invited to submit nominations. If you need some help getting in the star wars mood, click HERE for a little motivational music star wars style. - Yes Non-Raves may submit nominations!

The categories are:
Most Feared Eagle
Best Graphic Skills
Funniest Eagle
Best Ability to Inspire Loyalty
Best Alte Submission
Best New Eaglet
Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Gryffindor
Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Slytherin
Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, OR Slytherin Most Likely to be Confused for a Ravenclaw
Most Likely to Poke Someone with a Wand
Most Obsessive About Anything
Most Likely to Get Lost
Most Likely to have a Fan Club
Most Likely to be Volunteered by Everyone Else to do Things
Most Giggly
Most Helpful
Most Enthusiastic
Best Typo on IRC
Most Diligent Student
Most Likely to Break out into song for No Reason

And going along with this year’s theme:
Most likely to become a Jedi Master
Most Likely to be Darth Vader
Best Chewbacca Impression

Who do you think deserves each award? You can only choose one person per award, so think carefully! But if you can’t think of someone for every award, just send in nominations for the ones you have.

Send your nominations to ravenclawheadprefect@gmail.com by 11:59pm HOL time on March 21st.
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Re: The Eagle Awards

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 am

As Ravenclaw Pride Month is coming to an end, it’s time for us to announce the winners of this year's Eagle Awards!

Most Feared Eagle
It’s no surprise who’s taking home this first award. Whether she's pushing people off islands into the ocean, brainwashing newbies, or plotting who knows what with all of RQT’s souls, she’s certainly given us a lot to fear! But is it better to have a HoH who is feared or loved? Easy, both! We’re afraid of how much we love her. Come and accept your award Kyrie Adderholt!
Also nominated: Ryan Granger, Prof. Mark Mandrake, Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk

Best Graphic Skills
This next award winner sure has a knack for making all of our signature sections look really great! She’s also had a number of blog graphics that we wished would have stayed on the front page permanently! That’s why this year’s Best Graphic Skills winner is Matilde Rayne!
Also nominated: Kaiwa Alexandra, Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk, Joey Stark

Funniest Eagle
Next up, our award for funniest eagle goes to someone who makes me laugh pretty much every time we talk. For always keeping things entertaining around the roost, congratulations Ryan Granger!
Also nominated: Arielle Lemoyne, Matilde Rayne

Best Ability to Inspire Loyalty
There’s something about this next eagle that makes you feel like every month is Ravenclaw Pride Month. Heck, I feel even more loyal just talking about her. That’s right, we’re talking about Polaris Black!
Also nominated: Prof. Kyrie Adderholt, Kaiwa Alexandra, Arielle Lemoyne

Best Alte Submission
If you haven’t read the Alte recently, you’re certainly missing out because we’re awarding Silmarien Szilagyi the award for the Best Alte Submission for all of her hard work and fantastic articles!
Best Alte Submission: Silmarien Szilagyi
Also nominated: Niniel Sanders, Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt, Ariella McManus

Best New Eaglet
Here in Ravenclaw, we’re extremely proud of our newbies and have a long standing tradition of producing some incredible students and this year’s winner is no different. So Joey Stark, congratulations on winning this closely contested vote!
Also nominated: Cliodna Levebre

Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Gryffindor
Just because we’re all sorted into Ravenclaw doesn’t mean we don’t exhibit other houses traits. After all, I’m sure Siobhan Burke is used to being confused for a Gryffindor!
Also nominated: Iris Ixchel, Arielle Lemoyne, Chili Willi

Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Hufflepuff
What the hell is a Hufflepuff? Well I certainly don’t know, but maybe Prof. Gustavo Flores does! After all, he won this year’s Most Likely to be Confused for a Hufflepuff. (It’s okay Gus, we won’t ship you to Huff. We won’t put you through that traumatic experience)
Also nominated: Siobhan Burke, Joey Stark, Ryan Granger, Leonie Hauri

Ravenclaw Most Likely to be Confused for a Slytherin
While we’re busy shipping eagles to Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, we might as well talk about how Ariella McManus could definitely fit into Slytherin quite well! Just make sure you don’t get so ambitious you try and take over the Roost. I assure you that won’t go well.
Also nominated: Leonie Hauri, Joey Stark, Polaris Black, Ashley Margaret

Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, OR Slytherin Most Likely to be Confused for a Ravenclaw
If there’s one student that I keep forgetting isn’t a Ravenclaw, it’s definitely February Fortescue! Her brains are certainly deceiving me. (P.S. You’re always welcome to come to come visit! *cough*Or join*cough*
Also nominated: Arianna Stonewater, Kim Alting

Most Likely to Poke Someone with a Wand
Don’t get too close to this next winner because she might just take you out with her wand! Ashley Margaret you better put that thing away before you take someone’s eye out with it!
Also nominated: Cliodna Levebre, Ryan Granger, Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Most Obsessive About Anything
If you’ve ever talked to this next winner then you’ll know how passionate she is about ballet and her future career! I’m excited to announce Shiloh Adlar is the most obsessive about anything, and I know all those obsessions will definitely lead you to bright future!
Also nominated: Leonie Hauri, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt, Ashley Margaret

Most Likely to Get Lost
It seems our winner for this award got lost the year he joined and never managed to be found because he’s won it for the past seven years. Don’t worry, Ryan Granger, I’m sure one of these days we’ll get around to sending out a search party!
Also nominated: Elena Galatas, Shiloh Adlar, Matilde Rayne, Leonie Hauri

Most Likely to have a Fan Club

As much as I like to think I could have my own fan club, RQT definitely deserves one over me! Just look at all those trophies and games they’ve won! How can you compete with that awesome record?
Also nominated: Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt, Matilde Rayne, Ryan Granger

Most Likely to be Volunteered by Everyone Else to do Things
Ironically enough, our next award winner didn’t get volunteered to do this job, but next year, I’m volunteering Ashley Margaret to do this for us!
Also nominated: Arielle Lemoyne, Leonie Hauri, Joey Stark

Most Giggly
If you’ve seen her around the Roost then you know this next winner has a bright, smiling, and of course, giggly personality so congratulations to Hannah R Thomas! Keep bringing joy to the Roost!
Also nominated: Kaiwa Alexandra, Arielle Lemoyne, Ashley Margaret, Lavinia Rookwood

Most Helpful
This award is actually lie. She is not helpful at all. She’s terrible and useless. I kid, of course. Our next winner is someone who is always working on helping others whether it be on HOL or making sure I have my head on straight. (She’s slacking on the latter, but we’ll cut her some slack.) So it’s no surprise that Arielle Lemoyne is this year’s Most Helpful eagle!
Also nominated: Shiloh Adlar, Matilde Rayne, Polaris Black, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt, Leonie Hauri, Siobhan Burke

Most Enthusiastic
This award goes to one of the most enthusiastic RQT members I can think of! She’s always full of support and cheer after every question. Even when her enthusiasm ends up in the wrong channel, we love you Kaiwa Alexandra!
Also nominated: Hannah R Thomas, Polaris Black, Niniel Sanders

Best Typo on IRC
I really don’t know why we vote on this one anymore. If you’ve talked to her at all then you know this eagle can’t type to save her life. So Riealle Lemonly congratulations on having the best typo on IRC!

Most Diligent Student
Ravenclaw is so full of hardworking students, that it’s no surprise we have a tie! Our winners this year are Leonie Hauri & Astrid Black - both of whom have already won almost 2000 points each!
Also nominated: Claire Severin, Joey Stark, Ashley Margaret, Polaris Black

Most Likely to Break out into song for No Reason
For this award, we’ve chosen someone who’s been known to include links to songs in posts, randomly sing on IRC and constantly be sharing his favorite new songs! Congratulations Ryan Granger!
Also nominated: Prof. Gustavo Flores, Kaiwa Alexandra

Most likely to become a Jedi Master
Our first Star Wars themed award goes to one of our oldest and wisest Ravenclaws, who’s also been showing a lot of potential at the RPM Jedi Training Academy. Congratulations Niniel Sanders!
Also nominated: Ashley Margaret, Pavel Lagrange, Joey Stark, Polaris Black

Most Likely to be Darth Vader
I don’t know anything about Darth Vader other than that he’s evil and he’s secretly your father. That may or may not describe our HoHs, but I’m sure they’ve done enough evil plotting to earn them this award! Congratulations Profs. Silmarien Szilagyi & Kyrie Adderholt!
Also nominated: Pavel Lagrange, Ryan Granger, Edmund Smethwyck

Best Chewbacca Impression
Last but not least, just in case our most award-loving Ravenclaw was starting to worry that she might make it out of this without getting any awards, we’ve saved one just for her!
Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk, come on up and claim your prize for Best Chewbacca Impression!
Also nominated: Ryan Granger

Congratulations to all of our winners, and thanks to everyone who submitted nominations! Happy Ravenclaw Pride Month!!

Kaiwa Alexandra
Oakshaft 79

Postby Kaiwa Alexandra » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:23 am

Cheers to all the winners!
Congratulations!

I *think* I won "Most Likely to Poke Someone with a Wand" nomination. and I don't have anyone nominated for that this year! YAY!
This means my attempt to act nicer is working! >>

And I can't wait to see Cassie's chewbacca impression :D

HAPPY RPM!!!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 am

Congrats to all the Ravenclaws!!

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Congrats to all the winning Eagles, and thanks for the nod :)
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Postby Ariella McManus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:05 am

Thanks for the award! I may wear robes of blue, but I suppose my heart will always bleed just a little green :ph34r:
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Lavinia Rookwood
Oakshaft 79

Postby Lavinia Rookwood » Mon May 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Congrats to everyone!

Return to “The Great Hall”