Week 3: Cakes Burned Charcoal-Black

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Shiloh Adlar, Sirius Fudge

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Week 3: Cakes Burned Charcoal-Black

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 am

Background:

What is a deathday party without food? Of course we can’t actually eat the food, but a little taste is all we ask for, which as you know, is why all of our food is rotting or burnt. You can see that we have many different items on the menu for our “dinner” tonight. We want to know which dish you would like to see in years to come.

Activity Description:

It is time to create your own deathday dish! You may do this either through graphic or writing. Come up with a recipe of your own for a deathday creation or draw one that you would like to see or perhaps one that already exists. The choice is yours.

If you chose to write a recipe, make sure that your recipe contains no less than 150 words for full points.

If you chose to draw your deathday dish, write a short paragraph (minimum 50 words) describing the drawn dish image. Please be reminded that the image should not exceed 600x600 pixels.

Submission and Point Details:

You may post your creation in this thread. For full 10 House Points, make sure to post it before October 21, 11:59 PM HOL time. One-half (½) of the total points will be earned if submitted after the above date.

If you decide not to push through with this task and switch to another, you will only get a maximum of ½ the points offered or 5 HP.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Re: Week 3: Cakes Burned Charcoal-Black

Postby Astaria Rivers » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm

This is the dish I would like to see in upcoming years. It was an absolute favorite of mine while I was still alive. My gramma called it cherry delight, and she used delicious cherry pie filling and cool whip along with graham cracker crumbs to make it. She made it for me every birthday, so I think when I decide to have a deathday party, this would be the dish I would want to be served. To spoil it, so I could actually taste it again, it could set out for a few weeks after it was prepared. I even added the fumes and some flies. I can't wait to try it again.

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Cheesewormcake

Ingredients Needed:
  • 2 pounds sour cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup spoiled sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons too ripe lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 large rotten eggs
  • 1 large rotten egg yolk
  • 12 whole stale graham cracker rectangles
  • 5 tablespoons decomposed butter, plus extra to grease the pan
  • 1 cup of live worms

Instructions:
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and warm the sour cream cheese on the counter top.
    2. Use your fingers to rub a small part of decomposed butter all over the bottom and sides of the pan.
    3. Crush the stale graham crackers in a pestle and mortar until they form fine crumbs. Melt 5 tablespoons of decomposed butter on the stovetop and mix this into the stale graham cracker crumbs. Transfer it into the pan and use the bottom of a glass to press it evenly into the bottom.
    4. Place the crust in the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the crust has a rotten fragrance and just starting to brown around the edges. Let it cool off.
    5. Mix the sour cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy and no great lumps of sour cream cheese remain.
    6. Mix in the spoiled sour cream, too ripe lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Add it to the bowl and beat it on medium-low speed until it is creamy.
    7. Mix in the rotten eggs and rotten yolk one at a time.
    8. Stir a few times by hand. The finished batter should be thick, creamy, and silky with just a whiff of despair.
    9. Pour the batter over the cooled crust. Add half a cup of live worms and gently stir.
    10. Bake the cheesewormcake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes.
    11. Slowly let the cheesewormcake cool for one hour in the oven with an open door.
    12. Chill the cheesewormcake for four hours in the refrigerator.
    13. Put toppings on it, such as more live worms, to really make it presentable. I usually also put rotten strawberries and cherries, with a dash of ticks.
    14. Serve it and enjoy!
Thank you Dario!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:24 am

Here is a ghostly take on a drink my aunt always made me for the holidays (non-alcoholic of course!)

Mourning Star

You need:

1 tsp. Honey
1 tsp. Raw Sugar
1 Stale Vanilla Stick
3 Mouldy Pineapple chunks
10oz Rotton Pineapple juice
Stale Gillyweed water to top off

In a mixing glass, pour the first five ingredients. Mix well and pour into a chilled cocktail glass. Top off with the Gillyweed and stir. My grandma always served it with a vanilla stick to sweeten it even more but that's not strong enough for me to taste even when its rotten but I haven't found an equivalent yet....

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 am

Giselle wanted me to bring something for food and when I said, 'Oh, like what we have in France?' she said definitely not, to bring something mouldy and rotting because that is what they will have here. So I looked and found some things and gathered it all together and and asked the house elves here to chop them up (like she said to do). They made for me a salad of fruit, and used the strawberries and apples and oranges mostly. The apples were easiest to do, they did not fall apart so much and they could cut them with a knife. The strawberries, they became mush when they cut them so they used a severing charm on them. The orange - those were put into segments but are rotting on the inside. (I also found some cherry tomatoes, to put on the side, in case a person doesn't like the fruit all mixed up.)
When all the fruit is in a bowl, mix it up with some rotten cottage cheese. It smells terrible. It's of the disgust to look at.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Postby Gail Allen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm

My deathday dish is something for the humans to enjoy, since after all, I've heard there were some present and it would be sad if they couldn't eat anything.
It's a banana that's half peeled and with the face of a ghost put on with chocolate chips. The banana is only half-peeled to give the image of the rags ghosts often wear and to make it easier to hold the food without needing a plate and cutlery.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Kim Alting
Comet 140

Postby Kim Alting » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm

My deathday dish is something everyone loves, because what is a dinner without any dessert? My dish exists of strawberry ice cream, with real pieces of strawberry in it. Unfortunately icecream melts after a while and as you can see it gets mouldy... I hope everyone will enjoy this great dessert though!

Return to “One of the Roomier Dungeons”