Week 2: Ghostly Conversations N

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Sirius Fudge, Shiloh Adlar

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Re: Week 2: Ghostly Conversations N

Postby Astaria Rivers » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Leena made her way over to a group of ghosts that looked to be having a grand time. She had heard them singing only moments before, but they had since stopped. The noise, as no other word would be acceptable for it as it certainly was not music, made one of the lady ghosts move away from the group. Leena decided to float over to say hello. To her, she looked as if she was worried about something and Leena was curious what a ghost had to worry about. "Hello! I'm Leena," she said approaching her from behind. She did not wish to startle the ghost in her state.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 pm

"Hello, Leena" 'Melia replied, smiling a little. "I am 'Melia. I am here with my cousin, we are of France! Do you live here at the castle? Are you having fun at this, la fete?"

'Melia looked over towards the stage and then over to the place where the boy who played the terrible noise had gone. She thought he had courage to go participate, even if she didn't herself care for the noise. She waved a little wave at him and then gave attention again to the conversations going on around her.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Postby Aurelia West » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 am

Isolde made her way into the party, grimacing slightly at her own tardiness. She hated showing up late to these kinds of affairs as everyone already seemed to be chatting and getting along. She decided that the best way to meet some of the other ghosts would be to join in the dancing so she decided to approach that side of the hall. As she drew nearer, Isolde heard two ghosts starting up a conversation, and floated a bit closer to perhaps join in.

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Postby Astaria Rivers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 am

Leena smiled at 'Melia as she replied, "I do live here at the castle, at least I remain here at the castle seeing as I am not truly living anymore." She laughed nervously, a silly habit she retained from her living days. "I have only arrived, but it does look like it will be fun. I am not a fan of the music per se." She glanced to the side as another ghost began to approach. "Hello there! Come and join us! The party is always better with more people."

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am

Helping herself to some cheese, Isabella listen to the beautiful song. When it was over she swallowed a bit of cheese and clapped enthusiastically.

"Oh how wonderful! That's quite good. I'm not much of a singer, but my mother had the most beautiful voice." She called out to the ghost who had accompanied them as he drifted away, "Thanks for playing! I'm going to start a game of Peek-a-boo with some unwitting first years later if you want to join!"

Turning back to the group, she asked, "So do any of the rest of you have family here? My great-great granddaughter is a third-year Slytherin student. Made prefect last year and everything!"
Last edited by Arianna Stonewater on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kendra Givens
No broom

Postby Kendra Givens » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:20 am

Temperance, delighted by all of the conversation, singing, and dancing that was occurring, quickly left the group to throw away the cheese plate when everyone had enjoyed some. She knew it would be easier to dance with nothing in her hands!

As she walked toward the trash can, she saw another ghost floating by herself in the corner. She looked lost as she looked into the crowd, as if she was trying to find someone in particular. Temperance approached her and said, "Hi, I'm Temperance, formerly of Ravenclaw. Can I help you find someone, or would you like to join my group so that you aren't alone?"

The girl responded, in broken English, "Y-yes, I am looking for my cousin. Her n-name is 'Melia".

"Oh, I know exactly who you're talking about! I just met her and she's lovely. If you'd like to follow me I will take you to her".

'Melia's cousin, suddenly seeming much happier, followed Temperance back to her group so that she could be reconnected with her cousin.
His name is Sir Floofington Puffpuff III

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:27 am

"I would always think living in a castle is very cold" 'Melia said. "Did you live here when you have a more dense body?" She saw the other, approaching, ghost and also waved. This was such fun. She wondered if there would be other music, though. Something with violins and lutes and, and a melody!

"Yes, come over!" she added her encouragement to Leena's. More and more ghosts were seeming to circulate and this was good. But where was her cousin? She backed up a couple of steps, to where the column stood, and stepped up on the first moulding at the base, so she stood a little higher.

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Postby Astaria Rivers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 am

Leena nodded. "Yes, I went to school here many years ago and graduated. I was a member of Hufflepuff, but Sir Nick and I got to know each other very well over my seven years as a student. Once I died, why wouldn't I come back?" She noticed that her new ghost acquaintance was still preoccupied, so she decided to ask, "Are you looking for someone? You keep glancing around. Maybe you're trying to hide from someone. Is there someone here you're trying to stay away from?"

Leena also began to search the crowd for any suspicious characters when she noticed two other ghosts floating their way.

Shiloh Adlar
Moontrimmer

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:20 am

Giselle followed Temperance through the crowd of people that had gathered in the room. She had not realized how many people would be attending Sir Nick's party when she organized it with her two other ghost friends of Sir Shiro's Ghostly Services. She had met up with her cousin on her way to the party because she knew how 'Melia could become distracted by the craziest things. She was even starting to worry that maybe she escaped the party to go visit the giant kelpie in loch ness. When they arrived at the party, they separated because much to 'Melia's surprise, as she was finally about to find out, Giselle was running the party. She wanted it to be a secret because she knew if her cousin knew, she would want to bring in a lot of animals and other things that would not be so great for the Hogwarts castle and potentially dangerous for its still living students.

When she peered across, she noticed 'Melia standing on some sort of pedestal glancing across the crowd. ""Melia!" Giselle yelled to her as loudly as she could over the whining music. She quickly thanked Temperance for leading her the way before speeding up to get to her cousin who seemed very concerned. ""Melia! Is this not fun? I had worried you had gone to seek Nessie. I am glad you are still here. I did not mean to make you worry. I have been busy with la fête."
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:30 am

'Melia nodded to Leena's question and answered, as she continued peering about. "I'm looking for my cousin! Giselle! We came here together. ... "

Just then, she heard a voice that had called her from dying dead. "Giselle! Yes, I am here! ... " 'Melia tumbled down off the moulding, and rushed over to Giselle, hugging her. "You are here! Nessie? Who is Nessie? What? What? You are doing la fete?"

She turned, beaming, to Leena. "This is my cousin, Giselle! Giselle, meet Leena!"

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Postby Aurelia West » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:55 am

Isolde was happy to have come upon such approachable ghosts so soon into the night. She watched as two more ghosts traveled towards them and smiled warmly in welcome. "Nice to meet all of you," she said, "This really is quite the gathering!" As everyone conversed she took a moment to peer around the hall at the many decorations. The party organizers had truly outdone themselves and everything looked amazing. She was excited for the night to begin.

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Postby Astaria Rivers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:12 am

Leena looked at the newcomer that she discovered to be 'Melia's cousin. "Hello, Giselle. I'm Leena!" Another ghost had joined their conversation, and she smiled. "It's nice to meet you, too. It really is a fun party. I am having a great time. I've never seen so many ghosts in one place before." Leena was glad 'Melia had found the person she was looking for, she was also happy to be making new acquaintances. It had been a while since she had had such an upbeat conversation with anyone.

Shiloh Adlar
Moontrimmer

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 am

"It is nice to meet you Leena! I hope my cousin has not caused you much issue. She is a space case sometimes." Giselle turned to the other ghost that had spoken just before. "It is nice to meet you as well. What did you say your name was again? I am glad you are enjoying the party. You must pardon my cousin. Her English is not as good as mine. I travel often you see putting together parties such as this one for ghosts who wish to celebrate their deathdays."
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:29 am

'Melia was still beaming, happy to have found Giselle (or Giselle to have found her). Her knowledge of spoken English was pretty good, but not up to colloquial expressions, so some of what her cousin said went completely over her head. However, if she'd understood it, she might have agreed. She knew she had a tendency to go off exploring and if a creature caught her eye, she wanted to go make friends with it if possible.

When there was a pause in the conversation, she again asked "Who is Nessie?"

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Postby Astaria Rivers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Leena laughed softly at the two cousins. She could tell they were close. "I could be wrong, but I once was curious about muggle movies and went to see one. There was a character that someone had nicknamed Nessie and another character was angry because the person had nicknamed them after the loch ness monster. They probably had no idea that it really exists." She turned back to Giselle. "It is a great party, Giselle. You and the other organizers have done an excellent job. I can't wait to see what will be coming up next."

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Postby Aurelia West » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Isolde smiled at everyone talking and getting to know one another. "My name is Isolde," she told Giselle, "and I agree with Leena, you truly have done an amazing job putting together this event!" She also wondered who Nessie was but figured she would find out soon enough. Instead she focused on the two cousins catching up and the lovely atmosphere surrounding her.

Shiloh Adlar
Moontrimmer

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 am

"Ah, thank you Isolde and Leena for saying such lovely things. I am glad you are enjoying it," Giselle replied to them. "Leena is right, 'Melia here is known to run off and chase dangerous creatures that she thinks is cute. I could see her now jumping into the water to chase that kelpie down. Me, I'm too afraid of water to go near it, but I would find a way to pull her out if I must. I have to keep my eye on her, so she does not go wandering about. I am glad I stopped her from whatever mischief she could have caused here." Giselle turned to 'Melia and gave her a knowing smile. "And don't say you would not have been up to something. We both know you would have had Temperance not directed me to your location."

Giselle looked around for a moment wondering where Temperance had taken off to. Maybe she was only a little slow to follow.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:14 am

"Melia was following the conversations between Leena and Giselle and Isolde as best as she could. So Nessie was a person? Or was Nessie a creature? Or what? And what was Loch Ness. Wasn't a loch a piece of water? She smiled at all three, and then, at the last comment from Giselle, grinned. "But it is a great fete! I am of a gladness that it goes well for you Giselle. But now, I am wondering .. I can understand most of what you are saying? Is Nessie a person? What? Muggle movie? And what is a loch ness monster? What is 'monster'? Is that 'monstre'?" She looked down at her hands and then back up again.

"Can we go visit?!"

Astaria Rivers
No broom

Postby Astaria Rivers » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Leena giggled at 'Melia at her last comment and turned to Giselle. "I understand now what you mean about your cousin and mischief. She wants to go chase monsters." She then turned back to 'Melia. "I was referring to this muggle movie about vampires, but they're nothing like real vampires. I was disappointed with their depiction of them because they are far from the truth. But muggles will do anything, including making vampires glitter." She shivered. "What lies." She then remembered 'Melia's other question about Loch Ness. "Nessie is a giant kelpie in Loch Ness which is in the Scottish Highlands. It's a freshwater lake. Muggles refer to Nessie as the Loch Ness monster or the beast that appears in that lake. Monster is like a very scary beast. Think of an acromantula. That's a monster to me." Leena shivered once again thinking about acromantulas. She truly hated those things and had vague memories of hearing of the one that had lived in the Forbidden Forest not too many years ago before his death.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 am

Isabella snapped out of her haze, thinking of her time at Hogwarts, and tuned into the conversation. "Ah yes, my great-granddaughter is obsessed with those muggle movies and the books they're based on, much to the embarrassment of my great-great-granddaughter. Anyways, anyone know what's next? I had hoped for some more games to be played, but if they're not happening for a while I think I may go "surprise" some first years....

Return to “One of the Roomier Dungeons”