Week 2: Ghostly Conversations N

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Sirius Fudge, Shiloh Adlar

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: Week 2: Ghostly Conversations N

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:35 am

Looking from behind the wall, Andy was just observing the different ghosts dancing and chatting. He was determined to join them and make his dad happy, who just wanted his kid to have some friends. Secretly, Andy knew he wasn’t doing it for his father only but for himself as well. He really wanted to have a friend. Still, Andy found it extremely difficult to approach, and whenever he was about to leave his hiding place and join the ghosts, he thought it twice and returned to hide. After a couple of hours, Andy decided that enough was enough, and with a resolution so uncommon on him he approached the ghosts. “Hi! I’m Andy. I mean, Andrew…I mean, James… I mean, Andrew St. James (Why do I have to be so awkward? Andy thought).My name is Andrew St. James. “And this”, he showed his stuffed bunny, “this is Babbity. He has been with me since forever!” Andy gave the ghosts and awkward smile. “I’m sorry to interrupt you. Would you mind if I join you?”, and he waited patiently for the ghosts to answer.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 pm

'Melia listened carefully to Leena and Isabella and thought a bit. She looked beseechingly at Giselle. "Can we see the Muggle movies before I return to France? And go visit Nessie?" She too, wanted to have some games, but when Isabella mentioned surprising some first years, she laughed. "It might be fun, yes."

Then a little boy came over, hugging a most adorable little bunny. "Oh, please to join us! I am 'Melia! This is my cousin Giselle, this is Leena and this is Isabella! I am visiting from France, from where are you?"
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:44 am

Isabella noticed the little ghost timidly approach just as she was about to leave. it's not every day you see such a young ghost on its own! "Hello young man! You said your name was Andrew? Or do you prefer Andy? And hello to you too, Babbity! I'm Isabella. Pleased to meet you both! Do you know any fun games?"

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:53 am

Andy couldn't believe his eyes...or ears. Ghosts were talking to him!! At first he froze, he wasn't used to receive any kind of attention from strangers, but when the two ladies started to look kindly at him, encouraging him with a smile, he knew that they were friendly and that he had no reason to be scared. He smiled back and tried to answer to both ladies questions. "Yes, my name is Andrew, but daddy always calls me Andy. He was supposed to come to the party but sent me instead. I was really scared to come but daddy told me I could take Babbity with me, so here we are! I am from here actually. My daddy used to teach Charms here at Hogwarts until that terrific day in which we both..." Andy stopped. He started to feel his eyes watering and he didn't want the other ghosts see him cry. He hugged Babbity and continued turning to 'Melia, "Do you live in France? That's awesome! Do you think you could take me with you for the Holidays? I've never been abroad! Maybe daddy can come too!" Andy was starting to feel excited and more happy than ever. He turned to Isabella. "I love games! When daddy is not feeling too tired he plays with me. Hide and seek is my favorite. Guessing games are also nice. Daddy plays with me Guess the Charms, that way I can also learn a little bit of Charms theory, even if I can't practice it. You said surprising first years? Do you think they could be our friends if we talked to them? Andy's eyes were beaming. "I also like going to the candy store in the village near the castle. Have you been there?? Maybe we can visit before 'Melia returns to France."

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:10 am

"Yes, Andrew. I would like for you to join with me for the holidays. You and your père, your father. My family, we raise the Boulonnais horse, and I would love you to see them." She smiled at Giselle, having a thought about something. "Have you met Sir Nick yet, Andrew? This is my cousin Giselle, as I said, and she is helping to put on the fete and ... and maybe we can meet Sir Nick!"
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Shiloh Adlar
Moontrimmer

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:57 am

Giselle had gone into a daze, if ghosts could be said to do such things, while making sure the rest of the party was completed, going over in her mind everything that still had to be done that night. She heard her name spoken by her cousin, and she glanced back over. "Huh? Oh, Sir Nick! Yes, of course, I can introduce you all to him. He's quite the gentleman actually and loves meeting new people including other ghosts! I heard that he was very excited he would be seeing faces old, and some relatively new."

Giselle peered back over the party-goers as she spotted Sir Nick being talked to by Sir Patrick Delaney-Podmore. "Actually, I believe an announcement is about to be made about one of our final activities of the night. You see, Sir Delaney-Podmore has a love for games with the Headless Hunt, and he has challenged us to our own little hunt for Sir Nick's Deathday. I'm sure he would be most grateful for your help. Sir Delaney-Podmore has promised some marvelous gift if we are able to succeed in the tasks he's placed before us. We should all go and try!"
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:37 am

Isabella perked up. "At last, it's time!! the game is afoot, let's all go and try our best!!"

.. <---- ...

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 am

Andy was very happy. Afterall, contrary to what he had expected, the night didn't went bad at all. He had met Isabella, 'Melia and Giselle, three friendly ghosts who were willing to talk to him and know him better. He even had the opportunity to play with the rest of the ghosts and know a little bit more of their lives, something he found very interesting. He also got the opportunity to talk about himself, about how much he admired his dad, and he even got the chance to show Babbitty Rabbitty to all the ghosts. In the end, the hours passed really fast. "Thank you!" he said to his new ghostly friends, "Thank you very much for this amazing night! I will never forget it!" Then he turned to 'Melia. "I can't wait to tell daddy that we are going to France! Thanks for making one of my dreams come true!". Andy smiled and waved good-bye to his friends, wearing a grin he was very sure wouldn't erase for a very long time.

Return to “One of the Roomier Dungeons”