Week 2: Ghostly Conversations H

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Sirius Fudge, Shiloh Adlar

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Week 2: Ghostly Conversations H

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:24 pm

Area H

Background:

Welcome again everyone to Sir Nick’s 525th Deathday Party! As you can see, we have split you all up into different groups to get to know one another better. After all, we have come from different areas of the castle and the world, and what sort of party would we have if we stayed strangers? If you still have not found your place on the party floor, post HERE. Come, come! It is not as hard as it looks to begin a ghostly conversation. In fact, it may even be fun while we prepare for the games ahead.

Activity Description:

Feel free to start a conversation about your lives as ghosts, your favorite activities or maybe even the food you used to like while still alive. Discuss your deaths if you wish, we all love stories of glorious battles or tales of poison. Perhaps you all have similar memories. Feel free to discuss what you like, but remember, school rules still apply! Let’s not get graphic here. We still have a rotten feast to partake. This is a role play activity! Post as your characters and have fun with it!

Submission and Point Details:

Each post will be worth 5 House Points up to a maximum of 15 House Points for this activity. Please be sure to write more than just 2-3 sentences. We’re looking for around 75 words per post minimum. The goal is to keep the conversation in your group going, so you may only post again after two other people in your group have posted. If the conversation needs a little icebreaker, don’t worry. Sir Shiro’s Ghostly Services will be here to help!

You have until 14 October @ 11:59 PM HOL to earn the maximum of 15 House Points for this activity. After that deadline, one-half (½) of the points will be given.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: Week 2: Ghostly Conversations H

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 am

Leo was not a big dancer so he went to see if there was any non rotten food that he could partake in. Sadly there wasn't so he went back up to the castle's kitchens to see if the house elves would be willing to give him some of the food in there. Of course the house elves understood Leo's problem and gave him a huge cake and some soda so that he could bring it back to the party.

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 am

Howard floated into the room looking around for any sign of familiar face. A lot of strange ghostly faces glided before him, but none he recognized. It should not surprise him, though, it was his first Deathday party, even if he got Nick's invitations to all of them that were hosted after his death.

He heard music from his left, but he never was a dancer, so he moved to the group on the right that appeared to observe and converse. Howard almost went through a boy, a live boy that exited the party to go somewhere, an occurrence which he needed a moment to recover from. Shaking his head, the ex-Gryffindor slid to the walls behind a group of ghosts and closely watched the participants, hoping he will not bump into someone from Durmstrang. Or hoping he will, so they could face his wrath.
Thank you Dario!

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:42 pm

As Eve floated into the room, die saw Leo holding a big cake and soda. 'He must have gotten that from the Kitchwns', Eve thought to herself. She recognized the cake, since she roamed the Kitchens all the time, to help the House Elves. Eve also saw another ghost. She didn't know his name yet. He was looking around and seemed anxious to bump into someone. "BOO!" Eve said as she sneaked up on him. "My name is Eve, haven't seen you around. Are you looking for someone?"

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 pm

When Leo came back with the cake and soda he put them both on a table. He then cut himself a slice of cake and took a bottle of soda. Then he went to find himself a spot to sit down and eat. After he finished his slice of cake he finally went to mingle with the other guests.

First he saw this deranged looking ghost and decided to stay away from him. Then he saw this beautiful spirit and decided that was the one he should go talk to first.

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Howard twitched when he heard a woman’s voice behind him. He looked over to see one of the ghosts observing him. ‘Howard,’ he introduced himself, but was otherwise a bit tight-lipped. She did not strike him as a Durmstrang student or staff, though, mostly due to a faint French accent.

‘I’m not looking for anyone,’ Howard replied, and glided over to her. ‘At least not friendly people,’ he added, not wanting to appear standoff-ish. ‘I don’t remember you either, though I hardly spent any time at Hogwarts. Only a year, in 1793. Are you a Hogwarts ghost?’ Howard asked, figured he might as well make some friends. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed a boy he almost bumped into before. A Gryffindor, how lovely, Howard thought, remembering his Gryffindor years at Hogwarts before his untimely end.
Thank you Dario!

Kaitlyn Nightingale
No broom

Postby Kaitlyn Nightingale » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Victoria was late, as always. She'd spent too much time reminiscing in the Hufflepuff common room and as soon as she realised it, she floated to the party as fast as she could so she wouldn't miss out on anything.
The room was already pretty busy. She wandered around observing the decorations and glancing at faces of other ghosts; she even noticed a live boy in the crowd. But she didn't see any of her good friends. All the visitors had already formed tight groups and she didn't see a way to join one so she floated amongst them awkwardly, trying to look relaxed, hoping to come across a friendly face.
Lovely siggy by Tarma!
ka1645 | Hufflepuff | 2nd Year | Spiffy

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Leo noticed the deranged ghost had quickly glanced at him for a second, and was happy that this ghost didn't decided to come over and talk to him. He wanted to stay as far away from this ghost he could.

Suddenly another ghost came into the room. This ghost looked like she needed someone to talk to, so he went up to her and introduced himself to her. "Hi I'm Leo and what is your name?"

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Howard paused in his conversation with the lovely lady ghost as he noticed another, rather hesitant, woman join the group that did not wish to dance at the moment. The boy who was alive joined her as well, and the ex-Gryffindor wanted to see if he was up for a little chat.

Not wanting to appear rude to his conversation partner, Howard tried to make eye contact with one of the two guests at the Deathday party, as to have a chance to invite them to join their chat if they had the inclination to do so.
Thank you Dario!

Kaitlyn Nightingale
No broom

Postby Kaitlyn Nightingale » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Victoria saw that the live boy was approaching her and she cheered up a little at the thought of not being alone. "Nice to meet you, Leo. I am Victoria. How are you enjoying the party?" she asked conversationally. "I only just arrived, I hope I didn't miss Nick's welcome speech!"

As she spoke to the young gentleman, she noticed another ghost, who was talking to a lady only a few feet away. He looked at Victoria for a few seconds, then at Leo, and then at her again. They weren't far, so she said to him from where she was standing: "Hello, my name is Victoria." Then she greeted him with a curtsey and smiled briefly at the ghost next to him as well.
Lovely siggy by Tarma!
ka1645 | Hufflepuff | 2nd Year | Spiffy

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:40 am

Giselle made her way through the crowd of ghosts before doing a double take and noticing a living boy in the room with all of them. She could not remember inviting a live boy to the party, but perhaps Nick had made arrangements. Who was she to shoo off someone who wanted to celebrate with them? Everyone would be welcomed tonight The conversation in this part of the room was starting to pick up which made her happy to see.

"It is such a lovely evening, isn't it? I hope you all are getting along well. I see another French ghost here! Salut! It is a pleasure to have you from so far away. I made the journey with my cousin who still does not know I am hosting this event with Sir Shiro's Ghostly Services. I must get back to her soon, I'm afraid. 'Melia tends to worry if I am gone for long."
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Postby Sirius Fudge » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Pale-Faced Pecan, as his human friends like to call him due to his face much whiter compared to her pearly form, tried to chase Giselle through the party crowd they organized. He would like to remind her to signal the start of Nick's speech, also the checking of the ghost orchestra.

He was surprised to see a live boy walking through the crowd. He shouted to him, "Be careful of the cake. Do not let it be spilled on the floor." He went to the gathered ghosts where Giselle was. "Giselle, here you are. Oh, hello everyone." He greeted the three ghosts, one of which was male, the other two female. "I hope you are enjoying the party."

He again looked at the boy, eyeing the cake and the soda, also wishing he could have a taste of them after a very long time of being a ghost. Shaking his head, he tried to bring back his focus to the party.

Return to “One of the Roomier Dungeons”