Pet Discussion #4

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Pet Discussion #4

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:56 am

December's Pet Discussion:

Now that you have learned more things about toads, cats and owls, which kind of pet would you like to take to Hogwarts? Which one do you think is the easiest to take care of? Which one would be the funniest to have?

There is no right or wrong answer, just please explain the reasons behind your wishes. At least 100 words for full marks. Please post your answer in the correct thread in our Class Forum.

As usual, replying to this discussion will give you 10 House Points

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Re: Pet Discussion #4

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:07 am

If I was at Hogwarts and if I was a student there ... if I had my druthers, I'd have both an owl and a cat. I'm not very interested in having a toad as a pet!

Cats have a mystique about them which is rather awesome. They are not one to be trained into doing things ... yet I've seen some cats do remarkable things but it was because they wanted to. Also, there is a certain level of intelligence that many cats have -- your 'cat' lesson points to that. There is a lot more in the way of upkeep for a cat, though, if compared to having an owl. One must make sure they have a place to stay and food to eat and litter boxes (even if the House-elves take care of that).

An owl, on the other hand, can and will take messages for you to almost anywhere. They have the ability to fly ... and soar ... and are regarded as creatures of great magic. They are practically maintenance free when you are at the school since they stay in their own tower, in a place specifically built for them and are fed by someone (the owl-keeper?).

I think, for funniest -- that would be totally on the personality of the cat or owl!

Alas, a student may have an owl OR a cat OR a toad. If I answer as a student, I'd say a cat -- and hope it is at least half kneazle! :D

If I answer as a Professor .... both. Although, practically speaking, I'd probably have a cat Kneazle.

Was about to post this and then realized it might be moot -- sort of like wands choosing their person, I think that a cat or an owl would choose me and that would be that.
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Care of Magical Pets”