Harry Potter Gear and Magical Meets!

Discussions About the Harry Potter World
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Harry Potter Gear and Magical Meets!

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:17 pm

I know there is already a topic on Harry Potter merch, but this is more on gear and carrying gear with you or wearing it out places like when you go to school or work. Some people are absolutely into the cosplay or Harry Potter everywhere thing, and I'm starting to get that way myself after experiencing LeakyCon a few weekends ago.

I have a Hogwarts backpack that I take to university with me, and I also started carrying around a little niffler everywhere I go. I took a picture for Tarma yesterday, and she may have fallen in love. He's also made appearances on my bookstagram and soon on my book blog once I start writing up reviews again.

Yesterday, I had my backpack and I decided to actually stop by the coffeehouse on campus. I didn't go inside, but the smell was welcoming of all things. I sat on these benches and another person came and sat by me. She casually mentioned that she loved my backpack. Then we started talking about the rainy day, and I told her that I love to read and that I was obviously a Ravenclaw. Come to find out, she's a Hufflepuff! We started talking more and more about Harry Potter including throwing a Harry Potter dinner party similar to a Murder Mystery dinner party. Maybe it'll be a Fantastic Beasts dinner party where we have to figure out which magical creature did what.

Anyway, having my Harry Potter gear with me constantly has been a great way of meeting new people and making new friends on campus and even at the hospital where I volunteer!

Have any of you carried around or wore your gear and had conversations spark because of it? Share your stories below!
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Harry Potter Gear and Magical Meets!

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:44 pm

This isn't quite a thing of Harry Potter gear but it was definitely a HP magical meet.

A friend of mine was having a very dangerous surgery and I was visiting him before the surgery happened. I happened to have with me the 'just published' Harry Potter book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) which I was reading while keeping company with my friend.

The surgeon came into the room, to visit with my friend, and saw the book. His face lit up and we talked about the Harry Potter books and ... I knew, right then and there, that the surgery would go just fine.

And it did.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:17 am

Yes, i get this a lot; especially since a lot of my merch is Slytherin! People notice it and they're like, "does that mean you're evil" or i'll get someone who's like "finally someone else understands!!" With the HP running/walking group I'm part of, my Slytherin house does "On Wednesdays We Wear Green" and since most of my green shirts are Slytherin shirts I'm out at least once a week promoting the most noble House of Slytherin!
Iverian Gnash
No broom

Post by Iverian Gnash » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:17 am

I always wear my Slytherin shirt and my Hogwarts shirt. I get a lot of comments on it! I’ve also met a lot of fellow Slytherins! Once, I met a girl who was all decked out in Hufflepuff gear while on Campus one day. I acknowledged it and we ended up having a conversation for over an hour. A boy sitting nearby even joined in!
If you want to know what a man is truly like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”