Deathly Hallows - Which one would you choose?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Deathly Hallows - Which one would you choose?

Postby Hannah R Thomas » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 pm

The Deathly Hallows have always been an interesting topic amongst the wizarding world. Some believe they never existed; however, others believe otherwise. We already know the answer, thanks to Harry Potter himself. The question is: which one would you choose? Any particular reason why you would choose this particular Hallow?

I would take the Invisibility cloak because of the many advantages it has. One would be acting like a Demiguise. If you wish to become Magizoologist, you can use the cloak to have a particular understanding of this creature and how it likes to get around invisibly. In a way, you can have your privacy and stay up late without someone noticing.
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Deathly Hallows - Which one would you choose?

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:20 am

I am terrible, but I would probably choose the resurrection stone but only if it worked properly instead of bringing back someone the way it does in The Tale of Three Brothers. I would absolutely want to bring back my brother with it so I could see him again, even if it is a little selfish.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:01 pm

I would choose the cloak of invisibility because who doesn't want to be invisible? It's useful, and doesn't have any drawbacks. Plus it was the object of choice from the youngest brother (the smart brother) in the fairy tale.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm

While I would like to say the Invisibility Cloak, I think it would be more true to say the Elder Wand.

Why is this? It's because I think the Elder wand could act as a very good alert and responsive shield.

I wouldn't need to use it as a weapon. After all, I have my Oceanspray and Cherry wood wands. :)

edit: Yes, exactly! It would be the ultimate 'shield charm' source; program it so that all that yuck would just bounce right back at the caster. :D A quick google search for 'shield charm' gets this -
Shield Charm
Normally invisible. Spells bouncing off of the shield give off their own light.
Effect
Magically blocks spells & physical entities
"You wouldn't believe how many people, even people who work at the Ministry, can't do a decent Shield Charm."
—George Weasley regarding the charm[src]
The Shield Charm (Protego) is a term applied to several varieties of charms. They create a magical barrier to deflect physical entities and spells, in order to protect a certain person or area. Conjurations may sometimes rebound directly off it back towards the caster or in other cases, may ricochet off in other directions or dissipate as soon as they hit the shield.
History
It's unknown who the inventor of the spell was and when it was invented.
In 1484 in the town of Poppleton, the tyrannical Earl of Paunchley held a jousting match. He insisted that all the nobles for miles around must come to cheer him on at the tournament and "no excuse would be acceptable" for missing the event. But young Edmund Gaddlegate fell out of a tree that day and broke his leg, and his mother put him to bed. The Earl wouldn't hear of anyone staying home, so he dragged Edmund and his mother to the castle, and said the mother had to watch while her child was tied to a horse and forced to compete in the jousting.

The other knights left the tournament "in disgust" at the idea of jousting with a small injured boy, so the Earl vowed that he himself would attack Edmund. But a witch in the crowd named Hannah Cockleford had other ideas. Fed up with the evil Earl, she cast an extremely strong Shield Charm between Edmund and the Earl, who was "squashed flat in his armour" when the Shield Charm knocked him backwards and his horse landed on him. The Earl of Paunchley did not die, but when he came-to he was under the impression that he was a donkey named Hairy Cyril.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding more information about 'shield charm' after a brilliant person questioned what I meant - Tarma
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “General Harry Potter”