Podcast

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Podcast

Postby Scarlett Lacarnum » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:44 am

Hello HOL-ers!

I recently came across a Harry Potter themed podcast entitled Fantastic Geeks and Where to Find Them. Basically it is two fangirls talking about the Potterverse and mention other fandoms such as Star Wars.

Episodes 1, 4, 5 and 7 specifically talk about The Boy Who Lived.

Has anyone listened? What do you think? Would anyone do their own podcast?

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Podcast

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am

I think that is such an awesome idea actually! I would definitely listen to it if I knew where to find it. I'll look it up later. I don't think I would be very good running my own podcast, but I know another HOLer that has a podcast of her own for her RL interests and it's cool. People who have enough to talk about that could do something like that are awesome!
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Podcast

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 pm

There are so many Harry Potter podcasts out there, you can nitpick and choose them easily! I have been listening to the Fantastic Geeks and Where to Find Them podcast since it started and so far I love it.

I usually listen to this podcast when I’m riding my bike to school, volunteering, and pretty much everywhere. It really makes the time fly by.

I feel like this podcast really combines a bunch of fandoms into one podcast which is something I absolutely loove. However, if you are searching for a good just Harry Potter podcast I would recommend “MuggleCast” if you just want Harry Potter everything, and “Swish and Flick” for dissecting chapters one by one.

I would love to do my own podcast, in fact I have tried to record myself talking about Harry Potter, but I have realized I often get too off track and never get back on track. Thus, I’ll probably not do a podcast in the immediate future and instead listen to other amazing podcasts out there.

Oh and all the podcasts above can be found in the Podcasts app on an Apple product and Google Play Music on an Andriod (except for Fantastic Geeks which is only on Podcasts on Apple products)
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Harry Potter”