Prepare to Duel!!!

Discussions About the Harry Potter World
Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Prepare to Duel!!!

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:13 am

JAKKS Pacific have partnered with Warner Bros to make new wands in the Harry Potter Wizard Training Wand collection!

These interactive wands contain motion sensors (like in smartphones and video game controllers) that track the movements of a wizard’s hands and arms as you cast specific spells (11 different ones....they're PG so no Unforgivable Curses.)

Per Gizmodo's article:
....Given the lack of any real magic coming from the wands, you’ll have to monitor yours spells cast through sound effects, and a series of five LED lights on each wand’s handle—with the lights illuminating in specific patterns for specific spells....

...In addition to a night school version of Hogwarts that has you crash-coursing your way through learning spells, JAKKS Pacific says its Harry Potter Wizard Training Wands will have four additional modes of play that let you challenge other aspiring wizards. These include Spell Practice where two players race to properly cast a spell the fastest, Dumbledore’s Army which is like a Potterverse version of Rock, Paper, Scissors, and Wizard Tag which is reminiscent of laser tag where you’re trying to out-magic your opponent by casting spells and slowly decreasing the power levels of their wand....
The wands will be available in Harry, Dumbledore, and Voldemort designs. And the best part? They'll only be $25!! I have not seen any official release dates, but they are expected later this year!!

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Prepare to Duel!!!

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 pm

That is so cool. The fact that interactive wands are being made, wands that will bring you closer to real magic is awesome. But just as you said, it’s even more awesome that they’re only $25. In comparison, wands in Unviersal Studios are $45-$50 And they are even less interactive.

Turns out the company is also releasing many more games to go with the wands and even mini replicas of Harry Potter character wands!!

Woop! :D
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:15 am

So we can actually duel??? This is really cool! I love the price of them. That's very affordable. The only problem will be trying to find someone who will duel with me. I feel bad for Will though. No unforgivables. How will he even survive? ;)

I'm very excited with all of the new Harry Potter games and merchandise coming out. It's like being a kid all over again, and I need to get my hands on them as soon as I know when the release date is going to be.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Alexander Brighton
No broom

Post by Alexander Brighton » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:53 pm

That is so awesome!!! Need to get one of those! Can't wait!
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Sadly I won't have anyone to duel with either. So I'm not going to buy it. However, I did get a pen that looks like a wand and the end glows for Christmas. I'm so happy. Also I got the Lord Voldemort one of course. Although mines is black and not white. Other than that it looks exactly like Voldemort's. I'm so excited about it. Although I hardly use it much. I don't want the batteries to empty to quickly.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”