Origins of the Heir

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Origins of the Heir

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:15 pm

In case you missed it, the fan-made movie about the beginnings of Lord Voldemort premiered today!

(If you want to watch, find Tryangle Films on Youtube. The movie is less than an hour long. The subtitles are available in multiple languages!)

If you have seen it, what do you think?

*WARNING WARNING WARNING*
If you post spoilers, please use the spoiler tag. put: "spoiler" before your text and "/Spoiler" after your text with brackets "[ ]" around "spoiler" and "/spoiler"
To read a spoiler, simply highlight the blocked out text :)

For example, here is what i think:

Overall, 4/5 stars! The audio was just the slightest bit off so that was distracting. But i wish there was more to the movie, because i really enjoyed it! The special effects and costumes were amazing. I loved the small bits and pieces they threw in from Pottermore and other JKR sources. I definitely want to know more about the other heirs now!

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Origins of the Heir

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:30 pm

I just now watched it, and I also thought it was very good! I was very impressed with the special effects and costumes and the cinematography in general, however I did notice the audio was off so that bothered me at times.

Major spoilers below!!!!
I was a little upset with the Ravenclaw heir. I'm not sure I enjoyed the look they gave him or even the demeanor. Also, WE ARE EAGLES! NOT RAVENS DANG IT!

And that end... I thought that she would be the one that would be a death eater, so I was very close with the final reveal. Also... do you think Igor at the end is Igor Karkaroff since this is still early on during Voldemort's coming to power, or no? I'm not sure why he would join up with Voldemort at that point after what he says if that is him, but who knows. I just heard the name Igor and was all, IS THAT THE SAME GUY??? But it's a common Russian name, so probably not.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 pm

Shiloh Adlar wrote:Also... do you think Igor at the end is Igor Karkaroff since this is still early on during Voldemort's coming to power, or no? I'm not sure why he would join up with Voldemort at that point after what he says if that is him, but who knows. I just heard the name Igor and was all, IS THAT THE SAME GUY??? But it's a common Russian name, so probably not.

I don't think so, as it is a very common name, but that would have been a great tie-in!

Emanuel Hines
No broom

Postby Emanuel Hines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 pm

I took my time and watched this movie.

Arianna, thanks a lot for this topic! If there would not be any, then I would not watched such a great fanmade movie. It was special and every minute of it was so interesting, graphics and filming were both were good and much more than I expected from fanmade movie. Plot was short and transfered into the whole movie; but it was interesting way of filming. I enjoyed that most of the happening was on the north of Europe and in Russia (Soviet). I really like the fact that movie is available to everyone on Youtube, because it is worth looking at.
There was a little difference in video and voice also, but it can be ignored and is not so important.

The thing which I did not like, was the magic and spells in the movie. It was not like in HP movies, a little too powerful and different- another way of practising magic.
My only question still is, what happened to Grisha? The outcome was really unexpected; I though that Voldemort will come, yes- but my prediction was that the General Makarov was actually Voldemort.

Return to “General Harry Potter”