Wandmakers

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderators: Maxwell Shadow, Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Wandmakers

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 am

In Slytherin's Read-A-Long we're on Chapter 18 of the Goblet of Fire, "The Weighing of the Wands." Ollivander notes Krum's wand was made by Gregorovitch, and obviously Cedric and Harry's were made by Ollivander. But he does not say who made Fleur's, he only says "I've never used veela hair myself" which must mean he didn't make it.....so who do you think did?

Here are the known wand-makers:

European Wandmakers
Arturo Cephalopos
Mykew Gregorovitch
Jimmy Kiddell
Ollivander Family (including our own Garrick)
Antioch Peverell/Death (No one knows for certain how Antioch came to possess the Elder Wand. Although Beedle the Bard claims that Death gave it to him, others, such as Albus Dumbledore, theorised that Antioch created the wand himself)
Salazar Slytherin (made his own)

North American Wandmaker
Violetta Beauvais
Johannes Jonker
Thiago Quintana
Shikoba Wolfe

Could it have been one of them? The core of Fleur's wand is veela hair from her grandmother, so maybe someone in her family makes them?
Last edited by Arianna Stonewater on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
~thanks secret elf~

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Re: Wandmakers

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am

I don't think any of the wandmakers listed made her wand. However, it would be an interesting thing to note if someone in Fleur's family was the maker. Since the veela hair came from her grandmother, I wonder if perhaps a grandfather or a cousin is a wandmaker or perhaps the family knows a French wandmaker very well. Of course, her grandmother may have offered her the hair as a core without having anyone they know as the wandmaker suggest it or whatnot. There are sure to be unknown wandmakers in France, and this particular one is either very skilled with veela hair, or due to the temperament of veela hair as a core, was close to the family in some way. At least, that's what I presume it to be.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “General Harry Potter”