What is Your Trademark Spell?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

What is Your Trademark Spell?

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Is there a spell that you are really good at, so good at that people recognize you for it? Or if you don't have a trademark spell, which spell do you think might be your best that you might be known for in the future? I know a few HOLers that have spells I know them by.

I think my trademark spell is tarantallegra which is the dancing feet spell. It is my favorite spell because of course, it involves some kind of dance. When I'm practicing friendly duels with my friends, this is always my go to if only for the enjoyment of watching someone dance uncontrollably as we both fall into fits of laughter.

Now it's your turn? What spell are you known for?
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: What is Your Trademark Spell?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:13 am

Maybe Wingardium Leviosa!, at first, anyway.

It was the first charm I ever got down really pat. I really really like it. I didn't know how to stop it though ... these things the teachers don't tell you! So until someone came along and did the finite charm, there were some things, and cats and pizzas and a cup of coffee floating around ....

I learned another piece of magic well since then, but it's one that a lot of folks have. The Expecto Patronum! one.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 pm

The charm I usually need the most is the fire charm, or Incendio . I am in constant need of warmth and that spell is quite essential for me.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Elena Galatas
Oakshaft 79

Post by Elena Galatas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 am

I don't know if I have any spells that I am particularly known for. I really love the Expecto Patronum spell, but I think my best spell is probably Reparo. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I don't mind fixing things when they're broken. My sister brings me all her stuff when she breaks them.
Elena Galatas || Seventh Year || Ravenclaw || Dr. Who Enthusiast || Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic
Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Post by Scarlett Lacarnum » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:21 am

I have a particular affinity for Accio, the summoning spell. For some reason I was always good at vanishing and deterring spells but I put a lot of focus into this one because it draws things to you instead of away.
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Post by Emanuel Hines » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 am

I do think that I would be the best at bringing water, the spell Aguamenti is always needed and useful. It is quite easy as I see. The fact that it is infinitive is really interesting and spell is fun to practise. Only problem is where to practise it if you do not want to make everything wet.
Resyarrina Elora
Oakshaft 79

Post by Resyarrina Elora » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 pm

I like "Alohomora", the spelling is so beautiful for ear.
Open the door, it's convenient spell right? ^^
At least the door use more complicated spell :o

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”