Back to Hogwarts

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderators: Maxwell Shadow, Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Polaris Black
Cleansweep One

Back to Hogwarts

Postby Polaris Black » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Today is Friday, September 1, 2017 - the day when Harry and Ginny Potter's youngest son Albus Severus departs for Hogwarts. Seven ways have been suggested to celebrate this momentous occasion:

1- Listen to “Back to Hogwarts” from A Very Potter Musical (or actually just watch the entire thing).

2 - Go take a picture at the actual Platform 9 3/4 in King’s Cross train station if you’re lucky enough to be in London.

3 - Explore Pottermore's new Hogwarts tour, unveiled today. Visitors can expand hotspots for more Hogwarts information as well as "fly by" the castle's exterior, the Forbidden Forest, Hagrid’s hut, and the Quidditch pitch.

4 – Eat a chocolate frog.

5 - Read or go see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, because the events that take place in the show begin today. And in case you didn’t know, you can register for tickets for the Broadway run on October 1.

6 – Watch the retro spinoff, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

7 - Read one of the original Harry Potter books or watch one of the movies because nothing beats those seven years!

Just how glad are you that you go to a school where you are taught how to turn a rat into a wine glass?
Tell us!!!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Re: Back to Hogwarts

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:18 am

This!

Lately, I have been just looking for an excuse to watch/listen to A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel. Luckily, I said to myself that if today is not a good reason to do it, then I will never get to it. I put them on while I was doing a rather monotonous task and it passed so quickly! :lol: I forgot just how much I enjoyed the actor that plays Voldemort and Umbridge. The whole idea was fantastic.
Thank you Dario!

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 am

Maxim Trevelyan wrote: I forgot just how much I enjoyed the actor that plays Voldemort and Umbridge. The whole idea was fantastic.

YESSSS! He does so well, I've loved him in all of Starkid's productions!

I was so excited for today, and as someone who cannot afford Broadway tickets and cannot go to Kings Cross I highly recommend Pottermore's tour!

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Postby Aurelia West » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 pm

I really loved Pottermore's tour! I just wish I could have actually gone inside the castle. I haven't managed to find all of the hotspots yet, so I'll continue to look around and see what more I can find. I really like how some of them taught me just a little more about the wizarding world that I didn't even think about the mechanics of before :)

Return to “General Harry Potter”