Facebook 20th Anniversary Easter Egg

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderators: Maxwell Shadow, Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Polaris Black
Cleansweep One

Facebook 20th Anniversary Easter Egg

Postby Polaris Black » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:52 am

From Time Magazine:

It's been exactly 20 years since readers around the world were first introduced to Harry Potter, the bespectacled boy wizard who lived beneath the stairs of No. 4, Privet Drive, in an imaginary England.

In a nod to the 20th anniversary on Monday of J.K Rowling's Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone — titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States — Facebook presented its users with an easter egg, Mashable reports.

Here's how it works: type the name of any of the four Hogwarts houses — Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff — into a post or comment and it appears in that house's color. An animated wand appears when users click on the names, casting a colorful spell.

The word Harry Potter also appears in the red hue of the young wizard's house, Gryffindor. The words Albus Dumbledore, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Draco Malfoy appear in the usual muggle manner.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Re: Facebook 20th Anniversary Easter Egg

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

That's neat. :) I had to look up some news website to check it out though, didn't want my friends and relatives to wonder why I'm making random Harry Potter-related comment. I probably suffocate them sufficiently with Harry Potter talk. :D

I also don't think it's actually available in all countries, or at least not automatically available to everyone.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Facebook 20th Anniversary Easter Egg

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm having a bit of fun with this! Thank you for posting, Polaris.

I love that wand and magical sparks and ... stuff. (I woke up this morning with Hedwig's theme playing in my head. That was SO cool!)
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “General Harry Potter”