Beast or Being Balloons

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Beast or Being Balloons

Postby Polaris Black » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:49 am

Macy's just hosted the 90th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade, which was FANTASTIC! There were three new signature giant balloons this year: Charlie Brown, Greg (the Wimpy Kid), and Trolls.

So I got to thinking - what if characters from JKR's magical world were included in the parade? Which Harry Potter beasts or beings would make cheer-worthy giant balloons?

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: Beast or Being Balloons

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:03 am

I think an obvious one would be Harry Potter on his broom reaching for the snitch; but a Dobby one would be cool...or a float, with a really cool scene like something in Gringotts or with the Whomping Willow!

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:51 am

I'd love to see an Occamy from Fantastic Beasts as one of the giant balloons. They're so beautiful!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:55 am

My first thought was Hagrid. Everyone would know who that was, even the Muggles.

Another one would be a model of Hogwarts Castle itself. I don't know if that could be made, though. Or handle-able if it was made a proper size.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “General Harry Potter”