Even more 'Harry Potter'? Pottermore Presents

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Even more 'Harry Potter'? Pottermore Presents

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:15 pm

I swear there were numerous articles just weeks ago quoting Rowling that Harry Potter's story is officially over... But we all knew that wasn't true, right? Pottermore Presents is coming on Pottermore on September 6th. It's described as a series of bite-sized eBooks that use both information already available on Pottermore, as well as original writing by JK Rowling herself.

You can see the covers in the article on Pottermore. They were created by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima (MinaLima), the graphic design team behind the artwork of the Harry Potter films. They're indeed quite pretty. :wub:

The descriptions of the eBooks read:
Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide dives into the nooks and crannies of the beloved wizarding school itself, unfurling everything from details about the Hogwarts ghosts, to what happens when the Sorting Hat can’t decide on a student’s house.

Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Political and Pesky Poltergeists explores the darker roots of the wizarding world. You’ll learn more about the troubles that faced the Ministry of Magic, the horrors of Azkaban prison and enjoy an entirely new original piece of writing by J.K. Rowling on Horace Slughorn.

Finally, in Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies, Pottermore celebrates the colourful staff of Hogwarts. There’s more to discover about Care of Magical Creatures teacher Silvanus Kettleburn, as well as another new piece of writing from J.K. Rowling on Minerva McGonagall, and her involvement in the second wizarding war.

The Pottermore page does not list a price, but if this other article I found is to be believed, they'll be $2.99 apiece. Nowhere as expensive as any other HP book so far (Quidditch Through the Ages is probably closest to that price) so it has me wondering how short these will actually be.

Anyone excited for more material? I think I may give them a go, as the Cursed Child got me craving for more HP reading. :P

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: Even more 'Harry Potter'?

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 pm

i was literally just reading on article on this! I'm pretty excited for these, I can't wait to find out more about dementors and Prof. McGonagall!!

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Even more 'Harry Potter'? Pottermore Presents

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:16 am

These look really interesting and I'll definitely be buying them. Wish they were real books though (like the comic relief schoolbooks) so I could add them to my bookshelf. So glad that's more potter stuff being printed - I've not kept up with everything on Pottermore.
Slytherin forever

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:22 pm

I pre-ordered mine, and they really are currently $2.99 each :D

I am so excited! It is really odd, though: "No more Harry Potter! Well, except for the theme park........the play .......the movies about Fantastic Beasts......the mini books about the Wizarding World and other Harry Potter characters......" She didn't actually say this, of course :3

Can this year get any better? :D

Ok, JKR, next year, I'd love to read about the Marauders. Please........
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Reggy Faraday
No broom

Postby Reggy Faraday » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:13 am

I'm wondering about the term "bite-sized" ebooks, like how bite-sized do they mean? How hungry will I be after I read them? I'd like a Harry Potter meal, thank you! :lol: Although, I guess this is kind of like an appetizer for Fantastic Beasts in November.

The covers look fantastic, though!! I do wish they would do a print version, I want those covers so bad (not to mention their contents)!
Hufflepuff first year :: re1080

"'I wish somebody would write a story sometime about the people who warm up the heroes afterward.'" - Moominland Midwinter

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:21 am

Reggy Faraday wrote:The covers look fantastic, though!! I do wish they would do a print version, I want those covers so bad (not to mention their contents)!

I would love to have a print version. I hope they make that!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Now all we need is "Harry Potter Go" to be a real thing and my life will be complete!!

Return to “General Harry Potter”