Opinion on J.K. Rowling continuing the Harry Potter series

Discussions About the Harry Potter World
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Opinion on J.K. Rowling continuing the Harry Potter series

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:54 am

J.K. Rowling confirmed via Twitter that she is collaborating with director John Tiffany and playwright Jack Thorne to produce a play entitled Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. The play, scheduled to open in London’s West End at the Palace Theatre in the summer of 2016, is not a prequel but rather a new story made exclusively for the stage. The team is not looking to cast big Hollywood names and it is unlikely that any of the film cast will reprise their roles. There is much speculation but little is really known about the content of the play.

Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) says she’s very excited about the Fantastic Beasts and Cursed Child projects and is glad J.K. Rowling is always finding ways to expand the Harry Potter Universe.

How do you feel about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? As a fan of the series (like the rest of us), will you be on the theatre ticket waiting list or do you think J.K. Rowling should move on?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Opinion on J.K. Rowling continuing the Harry Potter series

Post by Maxwell Shadow » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:14 am

I've already signed up to the Cursed Child mailing list and am planning a trip to see it with my Potter pals when it's on. My only concern is that as its in the West End it will be really expensive and loads of potter fans won't get to see it. I imagine a lot of international Potter fans will be saving up for a trip over to London to see it!

As for Fantastic Beasts I'm really interested to see a different part of the Potter universe and how the story plays out. Any excuse to see more Potter type films (in costumes of course!) is fine by me :D
Slytherin forever
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:42 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about a Harry Potter play, but if J.K. Rowling is involved I have high hopes for it! (Although if I'm being honest I'm probably more excited for Fantastic Beasts than this.)

I've been wanting to take a trip back to London sometime (I miss England a lot and I do need to still go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour!) so this might just mean it'll be sooner rather than later. I guess I better start saving up my money now!
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Some new information has surfaced on the internet about this. Below is the supposed poster/artwork for the plays (yes, two plays).

Apparently this is not just a story within he Harry Potter universe, but a sequel to the existing Harry Potter books. Yep! It'll be about Harry himself and one of the kids, supposedly Albus.
Kim Alting
Comet 140

Post by Kim Alting » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Well... I have mixed feelings about this.
It is AWESOME for people who live in the UK, but not so much for people who don't.
Now I will not know what happens in the sequel :(
Hanna Inari
No broom

Post by Hanna Inari » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:14 am

Well, I doubt I'll be able to see it and the title sounds a bit off, I don't feel like it's a part of HP universe. But I think that it's good if J.K.Rowling loves her books so much, it's not like she continues it only for money. All her HP connected projects were really good so far, and I know other authors who also followed this path but their latest books didn't have that high quality and were clearly written only because the series were popular. I think that J.K.Rowling should work on the universe only as long as she enjoys it, and I think she does now.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”