Maybe Eight Book In 10 Years

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Postby Ariella McManus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 am

It would certainly be cool to be able to read more about the children of the trio, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. From all I have heard, she isn't interested in doing a follow up series.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Lori Jack
No broom

Postby Lori Jack » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Personally I wouldn't like to have an 8th book that much. I think the story was pretty well rounded and even though it would be awesome to see the next generation, the story of the Potters could go on forever and if it was forced, then we (the fans) wouldn't enjoy it that much. I'd much prefer buying and reading a lexicon or something of sorts and get more in depth information on the characters like Minerva McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore and more minor ones.

Bellatrix Rose
No broom

Postby Bellatrix Rose » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 am

I am totally torn....

On the one hand, I desperately want another series.... On the other, I just want textbooks. I just wanna feel like a Hogwarts student.

I WANT BOTH!!

(Speaking of.... JKR said on her Twitter that she is writing something out this year... and I heard rumors of "Albus Severus and the Lost Prophecy".... May wanna check those out.... see how much of rumors they are...)

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 am

As much as I don't like to disappoint you, JK Rowling's official site says the following:
"J.K. Rowling is to publish a new novel for adults. Further details will be announced later in the year."

And with a scribly-font in the bottom right corner of that said site there is a statement that Rowling shared:
"Although I've enjoyed writing it just as much, my next novel will be very different from the Harry Potter series."

So sadly, at least for the time being, we aren't getting more HP-related material. But at least we are getting more stuff written by Rowling so all is well in the world. *nods* :)

Bellatrix Rose
No broom

Postby Bellatrix Rose » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 am

So basically according to a site (and it's tumblr), I was muggled... It mentioned Albus Severus and a Very convincing plotline... And I loved it... But yeah, not true.

As long as we are getting books from JKR, I am totally thrilled with that! I know that what ever she writes will be amazing. Her mind is so creative!!! :)

Eliza Watson
No broom

Postby Eliza Watson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 pm

I really want a new book. I want to know the story of James, Siruis, Remus, Severus and Lily. And I also would absolutely love a book about Harry Potter's children. But I can't wait ten years, I want more books now.

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:36 pm

I wish she'd write a book on the Founders - there's so much there she could include. So much background, history, angst. How Godric and Salazar were once friends, how the friendship ended and Salazar left, Helena's jealousy of her mother and stealing the diadem and later losing her life, how the Sorting Hat was charmed, the first Hogwarts students....
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Amelia Hart
No broom

Postby Amelia Hart » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 pm

I know that JK Rowling had recently finished writing a complete biography of Remus Lupin, I don't know whether she will publish it but I would absolutely love if she wrote more books like how she did with Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them etc.

I'm Amelia Hart, derived from the famous pilot Amelia Earhart.
First Year, Gryffindor, Nothing Special

Kailey Jones
No broom

Postby Kailey Jones » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:49 pm

I hope there is an eighth book.
(\___/)
(='-'=)
(")_(")

Hope Campbell
No broom

Postby Hope Campbell » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:20 am

Oh so many great potential stories the she could tell us.

I really love the idea of a series about the founding of Hogwarts, I hope she decides to publish the Remus Lupin biography. I would adore a book about the Marauders' Era Hogwarts and the first war. A Lupin biography? Why not the biography of Severus Snape as well? Or Lily? What about the lives of Harry's professor's I would love to read about Minerva's time as a young woman. ,And then there is the sequel material she provided in the epilogue. I would to learn more about the next generation especially Albus Severus, he has already stolen a piece of my heart. So utterly adorable. So many other potential ways to flesh the world of Harry Potter. It would be amazing!
Hope Davis

"There is no frigate like a book, to take us lands away..." ~Emily Dickenson

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.â€￾ ~ C.S. Lewis

Hope Campbell
No broom

Postby Hope Campbell » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 am

Oh completely forgot to add.

I do really love the idea of a Harry Potter Encyclopedia or some fun textbooks. I would never turn them down and would be grateful for them. However, if I have my druthers I'd like to see a new series.
Hope Davis

"There is no frigate like a book, to take us lands away..." ~Emily Dickenson

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.â€￾ ~ C.S. Lewis

Lilac Summerset
No broom

Postby Lilac Summerset » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 am

If she will write more books, I think it would be really cool if they were written in the Marauder era or the new generation!!!!! :D
This is totally awesome!

Kelvin Ng
No broom

Postby Kelvin Ng » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 am

10 Years?! This is actually too long!
But actually I am looking foward to her new book.
Her books are always full of imagination!

Mikel Ace
No broom

Postby Mikel Ace » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:53 pm

If she does decide to make the eighth book, i will be the first to wait in line :)

Return to “General Harry Potter”