Maybe Eight Book In 10 Years

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderators: Maxwell Shadow, Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ely Granger » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 pm

I think an eighth book would be a good idea!!!
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------

Katherine Black
No broom

Postby Katherine Black » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 pm

If this is true and she's going to write an 8th book wow I'm going to die of excitement!
This could be the best thing I've read since the seventh book!
I'm so excited! WHOOOOOO! :D

Lily Diggory
No broom

Postby Lily Diggory » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:16 pm

If she does right another book it should be about the Marauders at Hogwarts and up until the Potters death. She should also release some textbooks like the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and some others.
Badger Pride! Hufflepuff to win the House Cup 2011!

Andrea Caroline
No broom

Postby Andrea Caroline » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:46 am

Did you folks know that there is an author that tried to continue the Harry Potter series from James junior Potter's point of view? It's not that bad but I prefer the fanfiction by Asteria Orion Black down at the fanfiction.net because it is from Albus Potter's point of view and almost matches my perception of the future :D

If you'd like links to the fan fictions in question, contact Andrea Caroline.
Last edited by Andrea Caroline on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remember, don't post non-HOL urls.
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!

Leanna Lovegood
No broom

Postby Leanna Lovegood » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 am

Hmmmm I don't think so. If it were say something like Hogwarts: A History or something like that then it'd be great! But I don't think she should continue the series all over again...if anyone has read the Warrior Cats series, you'll realize that with each series, the quality of the books is sacrificed to portray a greater meaning: fufilling the prophecy. But I love the textbook idea, especially if it was for Comic Relief again. :) But as for the series, concerning Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione, etc. at least, all good things must come to an end.

Sarah Evans
No broom

Postby Sarah Evans » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:52 pm

In any case...we only have 7 more years left!

Kylie Joel Lonerins
No broom

Postby Kylie Joel Lonerins » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:18 pm

hey, have anyone seen the latest entry in leaky site, about JK rowling's interview with Oprah? :D
there's one in the transcripts of the interview, JK. Rowling said:

"They're all in my head still. I could definitely write an eighth, a ninth book."[/quote]

I have belief it will come true, though i don't know how many years we need to wait again :)
Last edited by Kylie Joel Lonerins on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
made by my bestie-honeybee Hellrot Beleuchten ! Yay! <333

Hermionie Miranda
Oakshaft 79

Postby Hermionie Miranda » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Actually, I read this interview with Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, and according to them if there would be another movie from a book, they wouldn't do it, and J.K. Rowling confirmed she wouldn't as well. It was more recent after the Oprah interview, but, its still so exciting!

I agree with Leanna, a textbook from the Wizarding world would be fabulous, but adding more books wouldn't be so great, because once you reach a definite ending, building on that seems pointless. So if there is another book or two, I would love them to be the textbooks or something about the past of the lives of some of the characters.
Last edited by Hermionie Miranda on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fel's Bag Carrier and Hufflepuff Seer *wink wink*
Avatar by Dario Sehovic, Signature made by myself

Estelle Lupa
No broom

Postby Estelle Lupa » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I agree with what a lot of people have said: I would love a book on the Marauders, but there definately won't be more about Harry. It would be kind of interesting to see the story of their kids as well, but if she's going to write more in the HP universe, I hope it's the Marauders!

Charlotte Athena
No broom

Postby Charlotte Athena » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:04 pm

This is an interesting topic because the idea of another book sounds great, if only she could still live up to the awesomeness of her other books. Also, having only seven books in the Harry Potter series kind of makes sense because seven is the wizarding number.
If she wrote another book it would either (for me) have to be on an entirely different subject or world or be a story about the first time the Death Eaters and such came around and fought. I like the idea of textbooks, but it would take a lot of time, and I think that fiction would be easier. Still...

Charlotte Athena

Sydney Alexandra
No broom

Postby Sydney Alexandra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I'd love more books! But no more about Harry and the others, I think Jo has told their story. I'd love one about their kids generations though :D
|Keeper of the Mighy Gryffindor Claw of Chaos|
|Baby GQTer|Laurie's Partner in Crime|Gallant Griffin|

Star Andromeda Black
No broom

Postby Star Andromeda Black » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:13 am

The book that I think JK Rowling should write is one that was mentioned in every Harry Potter book. Hogwarts: A History...... that way we would get all that background info...... And we do need more textbooks.

Siggy by ME!!!

"We're given a code to live our lives by. We don't always follow it, but it's still there." `Gary Oldman, Actor ~Sirius Black

|| Star Andromeda Black || st941 || 3rd Year || Hufflepuff ||

Erin Llewellyn
No broom

Postby Erin Llewellyn » Wed May 11, 2011 2:19 am

I deeply, desperately want Hogwarts: A History to be released. Preferably with 1000+ pages. And bound in leather!

Thanks to Brie MacKenna for this beautiful bit of art!

Syarri Hazelia
No broom

Postby Syarri Hazelia » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:44 am

wow, even 8th book will great but actually i hope she come with other char as the main of novel.. oh, whatever! just bring out more about magic world for ^_^

Code: Select all

[s][font="Palatino Linotype"]Syarri[/font][/s]

Lisette Westerveldt
No broom

Postby Lisette Westerveldt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 pm

I don't know about Hogwarts, A History, but I do know that J.K. Rowling is definitely planning on publishing a Harry Potter encyclopedia with information on pretty much everything and anything regarding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I think she's actually in the process of it right now, but am unsure as to when she plans on finishing it. Until then, I guess we'll have to make do with Pottermore, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll release more textbooks in the meantime... :P
-----
Lisette (Liz) Westerveldt | Ravenclaw | RQT

Alis Gray
No broom

Postby Alis Gray » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 am

She keeps going back and forth on an eighth book. :(
She said at the premier of the last film that she didn't think she would do one. I really hope she changes her mind again.
I am very excited for the encylcopedia though.
Apparently (and I'm sure someone has already mentioned this), her description of horcruxes was so detailed and well...gross...that it made her editor sick.
I find that very exciting, in a macabre sort of way.
"When I waked I cried to dream again."

Siera Padfoot
No broom

Postby Siera Padfoot » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Well, in my opinion, i would really like a story on the next generation. But in these books, it should somehow relate back to the past and clear some things up and add some twists. And it would be totally awesome if it was in Lily's point of view. (harry's daughter) And i really think it should tie up certain things in the past, even before Harry was born that not even Harry or Dumbledore quite understood. I am actually sort of writing this series (for fun of course) so what do you guys think? Sounds like something that you would read and enjoy?

Drea Riot
No broom

Postby Drea Riot » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:19 am

I heard about that Harry Potter Encyclopedia, that would be way too awesome, and a good way to give us little tidbits about the characters/plots that just wouldn't fit into 7 books.
I wish she would do either a series about James and Lilly back when they were at Hogwarts, including the older O.o.t.P, and leading up to their death.
Or of course, from one of the pov's of Harry/Ron/Hermione's children.
But 10 whole years? *ugghh*, so long, but of course so worth the wait!
drea riot!
well behaved women rarely make history.

Eve Roarke
No broom

Postby Eve Roarke » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:45 am

I would love to read more Harry Potter stories and also to see more movies as well!

Autumn Lavender
No broom

Postby Autumn Lavender » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 am

I would love to read an eighth book! I'd really want to read one about the trio's kids.

Return to “General Harry Potter”