Maybe Eight Book In 10 Years

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Linnix Henson
No broom

Postby Linnix Henson » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 pm

I would love reading another book relatedto Harry Potter. I don't think there should be another story from his point of view. Maybe a book from nobody's point of view would be better, one that tells what's going on without having a main character.

I would really like a book from ppeves point of view tell what went on in the castle after the 7th book. That would be interesting, not to mention funny.

I would also like to see from the perspective of students from other houses. All we know is- Ravenclaws are smart, Hufflepuffs are nice, Slytherins are evil, and Gryffindor is the source of all awesomeness.
Last edited by Linnix Henson on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morgan Maddock

Postby Morgan Maddock » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 am

honestly, i would love it if j.k. rowling wrote more books in general. it doesn't have to be harry potter related at all, i would just like to see a different side of her as an author.

but an 8th book would be cool too!

Ray Stormbreaker
No broom

Postby Ray Stormbreaker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm

TEN YEARS?

I can't wait that long. Most likely they would write about the kids of Harry, Ginny, Hermoine, and Ron... wouldn't it have to be a new story?

B) I think it would be boring if the story was based a long time ago...

I never have been one to like History. <_<

A collection of Stories from each house would be nice too.

Nicole Garrison
No broom

Postby Nicole Garrison » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:14 pm

Ok,so I'm confused about the whole Beedle the Bard thing. Because that is published and I have a copy! So, are the 7 like special copies that arent being published or whatt???? :huh:

Tiffany Locke
No broom

Postby Tiffany Locke » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:57 am

Nicole Garrison wrote:
QUOTE (Nicole Garrison @ Aug 7 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok,so I'm confused about the whole Beedle the Bard thing. Because that is published and I have a copy! So, are the 7 like special copies that arent being published or whatt???? :huh:

Hey Nicole,
When the person wrote at the beginning of the post that it wont be published, they were looking at that back in 2007. When she hand-wrote the 8 copies, she had originally intended not to publish it, but the cry from the fans pushed her to publish it. Hope this helps!

On my own note: I would die for anything HP related. I would be most happy if it focuses on Harry in some way, any way, but it doesnt have to be about just him. I would take anything. Especially Next gen. I have told people the world over that I would cut off a pinkie if that is what JK required to write another book about HP. I would also go nuts for a Teddy story! Teddy/Victoire, or Teddy/Harry relationship, both would be great outlets. I just need something! 10 Years is much too long!
:P

Eadaoin Carla Devlin
No broom

Postby Eadaoin Carla Devlin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Like most people, I love the Harry Potter books. They are brilliant! But I don't think it would be a good idea to write another one. I feel like Harry Potter's story has already been written.

Violet Rubert
No broom

Postby Violet Rubert » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 pm

I really don't think an eighth book would really do much for me. I actually would prefer a story on the founders or on James and Lily. Or even a different generation, as in several different view points on the different houses and such.

Nodoka Phoenix
No broom

Postby Nodoka Phoenix » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 am

I would love to have the story of James, Albus, Lily, and the rest, but I think it would be really cool also to find out what happened to other riends, or DA members. Obviously Neville is now the Herbology Professor, but what about Ernie MacMillan and Luna Lovegood, etc? Especially Luna! She was one of my favorite characters!!!

Liam Weasly
No broom

Postby Liam Weasly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Felicia wrote:
QUOTE (Felicia @ Dec 30 2007, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10 years.. I can't wait 10 year!

What I want is the story of James, Siruis, Remus, Severus and Lily.

Now that's a book I want in my hands.

Yh AWESOME IDEA!!! ID LOVE TO READ IT, MAYBE 8 BOOKS, 1 FOR EACH YEAR WITH THEM IN HOGWARTS, THEN 1 WITH THEM AFTER UNTIL JAMES AND LILY DIE!!! THANKS, I MIGHT DEVELOP IT INTO A FANFIC IDEA!!! :)

Liam Weasly
No broom

Postby Liam Weasly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Id like loads a mini series, one about the marauders and their years at hogwarts, one about the founding and one about the next generations adventures. I think this'd be really good!

Liam Weasly
No broom

Postby Liam Weasly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Violet Rubert wrote:
QUOTE (Violet Rubert @ Aug 27 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't think an eighth book would really do much for me. I actually would prefer a story on the founders or on James and Lily. Or even a different generation, as in several different view points on the different houses and such.

Sorry, Violet, I hadn't read your post when I posted mine, it was honestly my own idea

Mikhail Suracuse
No broom

Postby Mikhail Suracuse » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:34 am

I think the story of Harry Potter has been told, so an eighth book wouldn't be a good idea. I do like the idea about her writing text books though. I'd buy those.
| Mikhail Suracuse | Second Year | Paw Print | GQT |
| Zee's Guardian Angel | Joey's Slave | Eno's Princess | Ro Ro's Dork |

Brechtje Peerenboom
No broom

Postby Brechtje Peerenboom » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:40 pm

I would also prefer a Founders or Marauders story over just another book. I suppose Next Generation might be interesting, but I'd like just a random generation over that. Maybe way back to years before Riddle was born, so no Voldemort and maybe Slytherins wouldn't have to be just 'evil'. The magical setting of the castle and everything would make portraying the era much easier, certainly; I'm sort of pulling of that idea. XD

Marie Campbell
No broom

Postby Marie Campbell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:22 am

I would like a book featuring the children of the main characters but also feature some of the adult lives of the main characters and like bounce back between their lives and the lives of their children at Hogwarts. Since 10 years from Dec 2007 when this post was posted is now only about 8 years away we'll see. An eighth book would be awesome. My mom and my grandma also read the books after I read them and so it spans all ages and I hope to someday share them with my children.

Raven Luna
No broom

Postby Raven Luna » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:12 pm

I agree with a lot of you here - a new series on the founders or the generation before Harry would be excellent. I would love to know the origins of the Order of the Phoenix, the background of the Black family tree and its various fallings-out. There are so many subjects in the HP universe that Ms. Rowling could probe, she could keep herself and us busy for the rest of her life.

I sincerely hope she expands the world that is Harry Potter. I for one would be a sponge for anything she writes on the subject.

:)
Last edited by Raven Luna on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Violet Rubert
No broom

Postby Violet Rubert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Mikhail Suracuse wrote:
QUOTE (Mikhail Suracuse @ Sep 3 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the story of Harry Potter has been told, so an eighth book wouldn't be a good idea. I do like the idea about her writing text books though. I'd buy those.

Ohh~ text books does sound like a good idea. I'd pick up those <3.

Gabrielle Lawrence
No broom

Postby Gabrielle Lawrence » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 pm

I most certainly would buy any other books she wrote. On that note, I also admit Rowling should not make any more from the mainstream series; but alas those that books mentioned in the series, such as how she's written Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Beedle the Bard. Continuing with these smaller stories in sets would be fabulous, and considering it'd also result in her doing good deeds anyway. Assuming she continued to use these smaller books for charity funds.

Also true that, no book series will ever catch up to Harry Potters.

As for the Marauders, I can see them possibly coming around... But I say it's a VERY big 50/50 chance. It either will happen or it won't.

I'd definitely enjoy textbooks, too. All the more to make Harry Potter's universe feel more real to me.. I appreciate that feeling.
Gryffindors saved the world.
I say we go party.

Gabrielle Lawrence |~| ga842 |~| First Year

Aaron Kingsley
No broom

Postby Aaron Kingsley » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I wish she would make a book on Harry's life as a grownup, or the lives of his children at hogwarts.

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart"

Classes signed up for: N/A

Class hoping to sign up for the 2010 spring term: Defense against the Dark Arts, Dragons, Charms, HOL 101, Auror-Traing Level One

Hermionie Miranda
Moontrimmer

Postby Hermionie Miranda » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:02 am

Violet Rubert wrote:
QUOTE (Violet Rubert @ Sep 16 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh~ text books does sound like a good idea. I'd pick up those <3.

Me too. It would be so much fun reading what Hogwarts students read. It would make my life of being a Harry Potter fan complete. I'd really pick up a copy of Ancient Runes Made Easy or Unfogging the Future.
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fel's Bag Carrier and Hufflepuff Seer *wink wink*
Avatar by Dario Sehovic, Signature made by myself

Allie Dawn
No broom

Postby Allie Dawn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:27 pm

In a J.K.Rowling documentary I saw, it seems she is indeed writing another book although it's nothing HP related. She wants to take her time on it without the deadlines etc that HP had, so it may be a while before she reconsiders the idea of another HP book. Although she did say (in a moment of weakness) as she summed up the family trees of the future generation, she stated that all the information on them and events in her head that occured could fill another book. Then she considers it and states that she's done with Harry Potter; his story is told.

The next generation would be really cool to read but personally I would prefer one of the marauder's years. Honestly I would much rather one told from Snape's point of view or Lily's since I can't stand James and a book centering on him would drive me insane, although sadly I would still read it being the HP fan that I am. However strange it may be to see Sirius, Snape, Voldemort, James, Lily, Remus etc after all the events that occured in the Deathly Hallows. But all the same, it would be quite interesting I would say. Slytherin with a bad home life? Couragious, name-calling girl who hates Potter with a passion? A "bookworm" who becomes a werewolf each month and has to hide it from his friends until they find out? a Gryffindor againstwith pure-blodded Slytherin family? ETC. Not to mention how cool it would be to see them start as nervous, young first-years progressing into who they are and making the decisions that shaped their lives. And the first Voldemort raising to power. Yeah, it would certainly be awesome and has soo much protential. But...that wouldn't be a book would it? Something like that would have to be another series. I don't think J.K will be up for that anytime soon. In ten years? Well...maybe.

If it is to be only one book unreleated to the actual HP timeline (such as the future generation or the marauders etc) than is there really any way to tell such a Hogwarts story with only one book?
Ravenclaw may be smarter, Gryffindor may be braver and Hufflepuff may show higher loyalty to their friends...but all three seem to look at Slytherin as the odd one out. It is for that reason we're the strongest because we look after our own and will stand above such reputation-driven judgements. That is our ambition as a whole.

We may not be smarter but we're still cunning. We may not be heroes but we suceed. We may not be the most trustworthy but we stand by those worthy in our eyes.

The bottom line: a Slytherin bites harder.

Return to “General Harry Potter”