Maybe Eight Book In 10 Years

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderators: Maxwell Shadow, Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Abigail Chalmers
No broom

Postby Abigail Chalmers » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:32 am

I wouuld love a book in the kids point of view or draco malfoy or maybe snapes story or something. I love harry potter and I can't imanginge it ever stopping for good but at the same time I do think it will drag on a bit but for now I really want more harry potter to read. No matter how many books she writes we will always be sad when it is over so we will just have to deal with that when it comes but not any time soon I hope. oh and I think ten years is way too long.
Join The PPC Today

Abbie Maldonado
No broom

Postby Abbie Maldonado » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 pm

I'M NOT SURE THERE SOULD BE ANOTHER BOOK. ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE INTRESTING TO READ AND I DEFINATLY WOUJLD READ IT, I THINK AS IT IS NOW THE STORY IS RESTED, AND IF IT'S UNEARTHED AGAIN, PEOPLE WOULD DEFFINATLY BE EXPECTING AN AMAZING STORY WITH TWISTS AND TURNS. :blink:

Beatrix Malfoy Delacour
No broom

Postby Beatrix Malfoy Delacour » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I think it'd be really cool to see another book from her, but seeing as I can't imagine she can (or should) write another one about Harry, I don't think it should be talked about as an "eighth book," you know? If she tells the story of the Marauder's or another minor character (or one we haven't met at all yet) that would be cool, having it take place in HP's world, but to write an eighth book that talked about Harry after the book seven epilogue would just bring down the whole series, in my opinion.

An encyclopedia or textbook would be very cool!
Sincerely,
Beatrix Malfoy Delacour, Gryffindor, be013

Rose Alstien
No broom

Postby Rose Alstien » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:45 pm

I'm glad she's doing Beedle the Bard, and the enclyclopedia, and I think she should do more textbooks, but any more in the actual series would be to much.
How can you live if you're to afraid to die?

Bill Garanhir
No broom

Postby Bill Garanhir » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Maybe some "2nd generation at Hogwarts" strories? Especially if Harry's youngest boy does end up in Slytherin as hinted. :lol:

stephen scofield
No broom

Postby stephen scofield » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:25 pm

To be honest, I don't want the 8th Harry Potter book because it'll be very odd without Voldemort. ^^

Kokou Ookami
No broom

Postby Kokou Ookami » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:33 am

On the one hand, I don't want another book because it seems like it would be weird without Voldemort and everything else we've come to love. On the other, I'd love to see how Harry's kids do at Hogwarts, particularly Albus S. I have my own vision of what happened, but I'd like to see what JK Rowling imagined. I'd also like a prequel of sorts, a story of the Marauders and their escapades or their roles in the Order.

Phillipa Bettencourt
No broom

Postby Phillipa Bettencourt » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:14 pm

I really enjoyed Tales of the Beedle the Bard, and I'd really love an encyclopedia, but I'm not sure if I'd want stories on the second generation HP kids. It'd probably be really awesome, but I kinda like my own version that I imagined, and I'm sure a lot of people like the versions that they imagined of the second generation kids. *nods*
ph826| Icon from Photobucket | Camilla Belle | Signature put together by me

Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Postby Pezzie Wolfe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:49 am

I think I'd love to see more fun Harry Potter related books like Hogwarts: A History. A Marauders story on James, Sirius, Remus, Peter and Lily. That I'd read! I'll read it no matter what. :D
Sig Tag by Pezzie. Quote and photo from Roman Atwood of YouTube
HOL Member since August 2003

Kokou Ookami
No broom

Postby Kokou Ookami » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:21 pm

I agree. For some reason, I'd actually like to read Moste Potente Potions and The Monster Book of Monsters. And maybe something about the history about Dark Magic. Oh, and a book on the Founders, too.

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:53 pm

I agree too. Another HP book isn't a good idea, but a HP-related book would be nice. It doesn't matter if it's a book on some of the other characters, or an encyclopedia, or some of the actual books mentioned in HP.

I also like the idea of a book about the Founders. That sounds interesting.

Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eno Thomas
Silver Arrow

Postby Eno Thomas » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 pm

yeah Zoki is right, we want another contact with that world.

Kokou Ookami
No broom

Postby Kokou Ookami » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:51 am

You know what else I'd like to see? Something from the Slytherins' point of view. All through the series, both Harry and we were told that all Slytherins were evil. There were one or two exceptions to this rule, but it proved true most of the time. At least from what Harry saw. Personally, I think they have some interesting backstories. No one can be as mean or, I'll admit it, evil as some of them were without a reason. Be it family teachings or threats, or a combination of both, there has to be a reason. That, and it'd be cool to look into the conniving mind of one of the snakes and see their take on some of the major events in the books. I'm not sure if anyone agrees, but I think it'd be cool.

Holly Muse
No broom

Postby Holly Muse » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:26 pm

i think a book about the founders would be awesome!

Samantha Wanzo
No broom

Postby Samantha Wanzo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:15 am

10 years! *gasp* Will she still have the HP Spark in her in 10 years? Either way I would love to see any kind of continuation with The Harry Potter World. I miss the feeling of being apart and not knowing whats going to happen next. Thus, I agree that the Founders would make a great story as a HP come back. I am fascinated with Hogwarts [obviously] & would like to learn much more about it as possible. :rolleyes:
|Samantha Wanzo|Image|3rd Year|Sa311|

Lynne Fantome
No broom

Postby Lynne Fantome » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Kokou Ookami wrote:
QUOTE (Kokou Ookami @ Jan 17 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what else I'd like to see? Something from the Slytherins' point of view. All through the series, both Harry and we were told that all Slytherins were evil. There were one or two exceptions to this rule, but it proved true most of the time. At least from what Harry saw. Personally, I think they have some interesting backstories. No one can be as mean or, I'll admit it, evil as some of them were without a reason. Be it family teachings or threats, or a combination of both, there has to be a reason. That, and it'd be cool to look into the conniving mind of one of the snakes and see their take on some of the major events in the books. I'm not sure if anyone agrees, but I think it'd be cool.

That's exactly what I'd like to see. I've always thought it would be nice to see things from the "other" side, from a different perspective. I, personally, don't believe MOST of the Slytherins are as cold-hearted as she makes them out to be. It seems very unrealistic that during the final battle of Hogwarts, all the Slytherin students who were of age to fight would go and join Voldemort's side, which is kind of how it was made out to sound to me.
I want to see the light leave your eyes.

Ashley Denver
No broom

Postby Ashley Denver » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:25 am

Yeah something from one of the Slytherin\\\'s point of view would be great. Although I\\\'d prefer a Marauder\\\'s tale.

Last edited by Ashley Denver on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Hufflepuff Fifth Year.

Martina Brown
No broom

Postby Martina Brown » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Felicia wrote:
QUOTE (Felicia @ Dec 30 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10 years.. I can't wait 10 year!

What I want is the story of James, Siruis, Remus, Severus and Lily.

Now that's a book I want in my hands.

The only way I might want there to be an eighth book, would be if it were about James, Sirius, Remus, Severus, and Lily as children in Hogwarts or something like that. Or maybe even a book of memories found in Dumbledore's office after he died. Like, of all different characters (Lily, James, Riddle, Severus, Fudge, Crouch..) anyone, not even necessarily related. Or a book about all the founders, which would obviously be pretty cool.

I feel like an eighth book about Harry, Ron, or Hermione would just be for cash and cash alone.
"I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once."
[color=#800080]— C.S. Lewis[/color]
"Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone."
— C.S. Lewis

Raven Brightwood
No broom

Postby Raven Brightwood » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:25 pm

If J.K.'s going to make another Harry Potter book, it just HAS to be sooner than 10 years!
But I think the series is good as it is. Leave the past and future to fanfiction.
Proud Hufflepuff
1st Year
wand: 11.75" Oak and Runespoor Fang

Evan Trask
No broom

Postby Evan Trask » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 am

I don't think there should be another Harry Potter book about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Throughout the seven books, a lot fo stuff is mentioned, but not explained about the past of other characters in Hogwarts. Perhaps creating a book containing information about Hogwarts 50 years ago would shed new light on items mentioned in the series, perhaps changing people's perspectives of certain characters.

Not that it would ever happen of course. :blink:

Return to “General Harry Potter”