Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:31 am

Dear students,
Here you can post your results of the intelligence test. Remember it is worth 10 points of your Assignnment 3:

Taken from the website:

When you are done, head to our Class Forum (Click to go to the forum) and share your results with the rest of the class. Comment them answering the following questions:

*Which was the type of intelligence that you got?
*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why?
* Which are the aspects of YOUR intelligence type you feel the most comfortable with?
* Look at the suggested careers that your type of intelligence has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not?
* Any other thought that you wish to share with us is very welcome!

​IMPORTANT: Please justify your answers and make your post is at least 100 words long if you want to receive your complete 10 points. Thanks!

Prof. Saeir Darr
No broom

Re: Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Postby Prof. Saeir Darr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm

I got Existential Intelligence. No surprise, I regularly have existential crises. Good thing I'm not an atheist or it would happen even more often.
I both love and hate that I ponder the meaning of everything so much. I want to ponder things and not be ignorant. But at the same time, life would be much easier if you can just turn your brain off and not worry about anything deeper and just accept life as shallow. I have to have a passion or goal in my life at all times or I lose the will to live. Originally that goal for a very, very long time was go to college and graduate. It kept me sane thru 99% of my life. After I graduated, I was truly lost for a few years. What passion would drive me forward now? I had hoped employment would provide drive like some seem to find, but it did not for me. The daily grind was stupid and boring. Returning to figure skating has given me something to passionately strive for again. If I'm not "learning" or "in school", I'm just not happy and don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. So figure skating lessons keeps my overly-analytical-existential-insane-brain very distracted and happy.
I think Aurologist sounds really interesting if its actually based on some factual skills. I don't like Seer because that is an innate gift you have to be born with and its very sketchy. Even true Seers often can't control when/where/how they have their visions of the future. So it's not a lot of use in most cases, or just causes more confusion and trouble than its worth.
Currently teaching: Magic on Ice: Figure skating!

Katelin Ross
No broom

Postby Katelin Ross » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:17 am

The test showed that my intelligence type is Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart). I agree with the results the test gave me. Everything I have done in my life so far points to someone who has an Interpersonal Intelligence type. I am a teacher who works with children of all abilities and needs, so I need to have effective communication skills (both verbally and non-verbally) to meet the needs of each of my students. The aspects of my intelligence types that I am most comfortable with is the part where it says that I am good at understanding people’s feelings. As a teacher, I feel like I can tell the different feelings my students are portraying on a given day. The jobs listed on the class website are perfect for me. They are all professions that I have done in my life, or they are professions I have thought of doing. I quite enjoyed taking these tests so far in this class. They both have been spot on, and they have described me down to the smallest molecule.

Thanks to my Secret Elf for the wonderful signature!!

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:38 am

*Which was the type of intelligence that you got? I got Body and Movement Intelligence or "Body Smart."

*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why? Considering I grew up in ballet from the age of two, I absolutely agree with this. I often have this conversation with Tarma about how dancers have a different kind of intelligence than the general population. We have excellent body memory and are able to do things with our bodies that others can't imagine doing. I am able to express myself very well through dance and have choreographed different pieces in the past to do just that.

* Which are the aspects of YOUR intelligence type you feel the most comfortable with? I am definitely comfortable with dancing, and I love yoga. I also have a lot of memories triggered by physical sensations. Many of my memories are held strongly in my body rather than in my mind. I pick up movements quickly, and because of all my ballet training, "gracefulness" is just a bonus.

* Look at the suggested careers that your type of intelligence has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not? I do like them actually! For the longest time I had thought about going into a dance career but recently changed my mind. While I don't plan to pursue a career that fits my intelligence type, I am currently the captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, so I am participating in activities that use my intelligence type. My favorite career out of the ones for my type will always be dance, but quidditch is a close second. I hear ballerinas make rather good seekers.

* Any other thought that you wish to share with us is very welcome! I can't say that I'm surprised to the intelligence type that I received. I was curious as I was answering the questions however because some were difficult. For a few, there were mentions of puzzles and books, which I also love, and then dance/yoga which was always my first love. I chose mostly the dance options unless it was not available and then I went with the bookish option because it felt more me. I do think I have a bit of Intra-Personal Intelligence as well as the description describes parts of my personality, too.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 am

Hi all..
Here is what I got.. B)

*Which was the type of intelligence that you got? I got Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart)
*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why? I'm agree with result, but i don't know if this kind of intelligence can change by the time, i'm not like this at the past.
* Which are the aspects of YOUR intelligence type you feel the most comfortable with? I'm very sure that i see situations from such different perspectives then others sometimes, and while it's kind of bring positive result, i feel most comfortable with this traits.
* Look at the suggested careers that your type of intelligence has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not? Counselors, priests, personal coaches, and child carers? Hmm.. Honestly except from the personal coaches and child carers, i haven't considering the others careers mentioned at all.
* Any other thought that you wish to share with us is very welcome! This test and result are so interesting, it also give me another career path to think of, so maybe i will able to choose on eventually, Thank you for the great class.

Patrick James
No broom

Postby Patrick James » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:22 pm

*Which was the type of intelligence that you got? I got Musical Intelligence

*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why? Completely agree with the results becuase it fits my personality. I am someone who is both mathematically and emotionally inclined.

* Which are the aspects of YOUR intelligence type you feel the most comfortable with? I enjoy playing musical instruments and I tend to remember most songs and melodies that I hear. I am someone who, if someone were to ask me if I had listened to *insert song name* song before, I wouldn't know it. However if you make me listen to the melody I will 9/10 times remember and vaguely associate it with the correct artist.

* Look at the suggested careers that your type of intelligence has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not? I'd definitely play in a musical band, a job filled with spontaneity and all-round fun!

Meredith Malkins
No broom

Postby Meredith Malkins » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 pm

I got Existential Intelligence.
I think too much. Everybody knows that. I ask impossible questions and have been known to think about them so hard I get stomach aches. My idea of a light conversation includes psychology, politics, and the origins of religion, all in a light-hearted debate aimed at exchanging knowledge and perspectives. So yeah, this fits.
I am comfortable with every aspect of my intelligence. I'm happiest when I get to have those light debates. Sadly most people take those subject seriously, unnecessarily so in my eyes, so I usually am alone and researching. I love how I can research the most interesting things, and people are always surprised I thought to think about such things but it seemed obvious to me. It means I get to think about why I thought of it and others didn't!
As for careers, Seer, I think not. Aurologist I'd be interested in researching further. (Actually I'd research both further, but I'm more interested in Aurologist).

Amanda Summers
No broom

Postby Amanda Summers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 am

I got people smart which is true to me, I am good at reading people and often observe people. I am able to understand and form connections with people quickly after I meet someone new I will know if they match my personality or it is someone I can easily get to know and become friends with. I also a lot feed off others temperament and feelings especially if they are close to me such as family members. The careers again is what I already am doing and I went to school for. I have worked in child care for many years prior I also have my early childhood education. Overall I agree with this intelligent result.

Olivia Thorneblood
No broom

Postby Olivia Thorneblood » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 am

Which type of intelligence did I get? Do I agree or disagree? Which aspects of my intelligence type do I feel most comfortable with? What about careers - suggested or more research? And any thoughts I wish to share?
First of all, I received Logical- Mathematical Intelligence or as the quiz said "Congratulations, you're Number/Reasoning Smart!". I most definitely agree with the results. To begin with, I enjoy all types of puzzles whether jigsaw, suduko, word search for just a few examples. I actually work with numbers all days and enjoy the task of making them balance. Nothing is better than good detective show or movies. I am a numbers person. All types of numbers whether being used for or in leisure time. I must make the math work to its logical conclusion. I am tenacious in this task.
You know seeing in abstract is probably why I enjoy puzzles. I had not considered mathematician as an option but maybe I should have. A career in accounting greatly appealed to me. Actually, I already have a desk job. However, I am not sure about working at Gringott's but handling money accounts do. "Each action has an equal and opposite reaction." Although this is Newton's Third Law in Physics, accounting does too. The ledger sheet must balance. I am not sure about being an actual detective as a profession.
I found that I was not very surprised by the intelligence type the quiz assigned. I had never taken one before and was not sure what to expect.

Shadow Gaunt
No broom

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm

I got the linguistic intelligence. I both agree and disagree with my results. I agree since I do love to read, and I easily solve word searches. I also love to write and make up stories, however I’m no good at it. English is also my worst subject. I feel most comfortable with my love of reading and my ability to solve word searches easily. The suggested career my intelligence has are Journalist, Author, and Poet. I love Journalism, and I’m quite philosophical when needed, however I’m no good at writing stories or poems. I believe another career could be better for me.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Celeste Rivet
No broom

Postby Celeste Rivet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 pm

The type of intelligence I got was the Intrapersonal Intelligence or “Self Smart”. I don’t completely agree or disagree with my results. I mean there is some truth to it, since I can understand why I am feeling certain emotions at certain times, however, I often find it hard to do the same when I’m going through a stressful situation or have several things to work on or worry about and that’s when I stop being able to really recognize what I feel or what I’m experiencing at the moment. Out of all the suggested careers for my type of intelligence, I’d say that author is my favorite. I love writing and taking moments to be alone and reflect on a certain plot point or try to close my eyes and conjure up an image of the situation and play around with it in my head. I think I would be willing to do some more research about the other careers since they’re all so different, and each one seems to have its own skillset so it would be interesting to know what those skills are and whether or not those careers might be of any interest to me.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:11 am

Ohh look, I got Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart). I completely agree that this is me! I am completely People Smart in my everyday world. Even the jobs that go with it I have done, from counselor to working with children and teaching. I love to people watch and tend to pay way more attention to my surroundings then most. Apparently both my intelligence test and personality test see me as a leader, apparently I need to stop fighting it. :)
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Alezxandria Lestrange
No broom

Postby Alezxandria Lestrange » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 am

I find this test ironic in a way in comparison to my last discussion post. The type of intelligence which I received was Linguistics Intelligence. I actually really agree with this intelligence. The first thing I notice in someone's house is their books and what might be in their bathroom or on their coffee table. I majored in English and love to write as my past time. I can read an entire series in a week equating to about five books (that was before my daughter was born though). I feel most comfortable with remembering written and spoken information. It is better for me to talk my thoughts out. I greatly enjoy reading and writing. Given my last discussion's response at the end of the career choices and what I would have liked one to be, I think it is ironic that I received the Linguistic Intelligence. My favorite of the careers was an Author given that is what I would love to be when I am able to have more time to pursue full time. I am most certainly interested in researching more about careers.

Alexzandria Lestrange

Return to “Career Advice”