Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:31 am

Dear students,
Here you can post your results of the intelligence test. Remember it is worth 10 points of your Assignnment 3:

Taken from the website:

When you are done, head to our Class Forum (Click to go to the forum) and share your results with the rest of the class. Comment them answering the following questions:

*Which was the type of intelligence that you got?
*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why?
* Which are the aspects of YOUR intelligence type you feel the most comfortable with?
* Look at the suggested careers that your type of intelligence has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not?
* Any other thought that you wish to share with us is very welcome!

​IMPORTANT: Please justify your answers and make your post is at least 100 words long if you want to receive your complete 10 points. Thanks!

Prof. Saeir Darr
No broom

Re: Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Postby Prof. Saeir Darr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm

I got Existential Intelligence. No surprise, I regularly have existential crises. Good thing I'm not an atheist or it would happen even more often.
I both love and hate that I ponder the meaning of everything so much. I want to ponder things and not be ignorant. But at the same time, life would be much easier if you can just turn your brain off and not worry about anything deeper and just accept life as shallow. I have to have a passion or goal in my life at all times or I lose the will to live. Originally that goal for a very, very long time was go to college and graduate. It kept me sane thru 99% of my life. After I graduated, I was truly lost for a few years. What passion would drive me forward now? I had hoped employment would provide drive like some seem to find, but it did not for me. The daily grind was stupid and boring. Returning to figure skating has given me something to passionately strive for again. If I'm not "learning" or "in school", I'm just not happy and don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. So figure skating lessons keeps my overly-analytical-existential-insane-brain very distracted and happy.
I think Aurologist sounds really interesting if its actually based on some factual skills. I don't like Seer because that is an innate gift you have to be born with and its very sketchy. Even true Seers often can't control when/where/how they have their visions of the future. So it's not a lot of use in most cases, or just causes more confusion and trouble than its worth.
Currently teaching: Magic on Ice: Figure skating!

Katelin Ross
No broom

Re: Discussion #3 - Intelligence

Postby Katelin Ross » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:17 am

The test showed that my intelligence type is Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart). I agree with the results the test gave me. Everything I have done in my life so far points to someone who has an Interpersonal Intelligence type. I am a teacher who works with children of all abilities and needs, so I need to have effective communication skills (both verbally and non-verbally) to meet the needs of each of my students. The aspects of my intelligence types that I am most comfortable with is the part where it says that I am good at understanding people’s feelings. As a teacher, I feel like I can tell the different feelings my students are portraying on a given day. The jobs listed on the class website are perfect for me. They are all professions that I have done in my life, or they are professions I have thought of doing. I quite enjoyed taking these tests so far in this class. They both have been spot on, and they have described me down to the smallest molecule.

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Zoki, for the awesome signature!!!

Return to “Career Advice”