Discussion #2 - Personality

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Discussion #2 - Personality

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 am

Dear students,
Here you can post your results of the personality test. Remember it is worth 10 points of your Assignnment 2:

Taken from the website:

When you are done, head to our Class Forum (Click to go to the forum) and share your results with the rest of the class. Comment them answering the following questions:

*Which was the type of personality that you got?
*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why?
* Which aspects of YOUR personality do you think were missing in the characteristics of the personality that you got?
* Look at the suggested careers that your type of personality has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not?
* Any other thought that you wish to share with us is very welcome!

IMPORTANT: Please justify your answers and make your post is at least 100 words long if you want to receive your complete 10 points. Thanks!

Celeste Rivet
No broom

Re: Discussion #2 - Personality

Postby Celeste Rivet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 pm

The personality type that I got is INTP. I completely agree with my results as I have found that the description and traits of this personality type are scarily similar to my own.
I am definitely more of an introverted person since I prefer to stay at home and read a book than attend a social gathering, the constant fear of failure is absolutely spot on (and it’s quite a horrible trait to possess), the pensive and detached tendencies are exactly my own as I often find myself being distracted from a topic at hand and rather lost in my own thoughts on some topic or other. Perhaps one part of my personality that I found missing was my more creative side as I often find it soothing to engage in an art or other to relax my brain from time to time.
The career choices are quite interesting, although the ones that I would say I like the most are the careers in Law and the Librarian career. For the latter I must say I adore reading and I thrive on books and the likes so spending my days around them would not be such a bad thing. I also love to debate people on certain topics and try to convince people of a logical aspect or conclusion so perhaps a career in Law would be well suited. I am willing to look into the other careers to find out what aspect about them I could easily maintain with my personality type.

Olivia Thorneblood
No broom

Postby Olivia Thorneblood » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 am

Before I reveal my answer, I just want to say "Whew, what a test". I have not done one of these before. Anyway, on to my results. My Personality type is ISTJ. I must say I have to agree because of one word - Perserverance. My resolve to complete the task. If there was anything to add, I would have to say eccentric. I have previously taken classes about several of the options regarding employment. In RL, I have been in management positions.

Katelin Ross
No broom

Postby Katelin Ross » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 am

I have taken several personality tests prior to this class, so I was excited to see what this test gave me as a personality type. While I was taking the test, the questions seemed familiar. I was pretty sure I have taken this personality test before, but I was excited anyway to see the results.

The personality test gave me the personality type ISFJ. According to the test, I am 38% introvert, 22% sensing, 44% feeling, and 41% judging. I agree with the introvert answer. I prefer to live my life indoors. I also agree with the sensing answer. I am very literal in my thinking, and I notice when little things change. I agree with the feeling answer. I tend to make decisions based on how I feel and what I believe to be correct. I also agree with the judging answer. I thrive in things being neat and organized, but I do not find that an easy task to accomplish.

I think the part that is missing from my personality type is my strong loyalty to my friends and family. The part of my personality that I believe to be a key piece of why I was sorted into Hufflepuff, should be a part of my personality type. Even though what I just said is not specifically stated, I think it is stated in between the lines.

I like the jobs listed for my personality type. I have always done caregiving jobs since I was old enough to work. My favorite career of all the jobs listed is Professor. In the real world I am a teacher and this is what I have always seen my HOL character doing post-graduation. I would like to research more on being a Healer, as that was also an interest of mine growing up.

I enjoyed taking this personality test, and I look forward to seeing what personality types my fellow classmates are given (and how they compare to the person I imagine them to be).

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Zoki, for the awesome signature!!!

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 pm

*Which was the type of personality that you got? I got the INFJ personality type.

*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why? I do agree with my results. Reading over the description for this personality type, I think it fits me very well. It says that INFJs direct their best efforts towards their job, and I feel like this is something that I do in both of my jobs and in my volunteer work in RL as well as the positions I hold here on HOL. One of my strongest character traits is the care I show for others which is attached to this personality type as well. I want the world to be happy and well.

* Which aspects of YOUR personality do you think were missing in the characteristics of the personality that you got? A part of my personality that I feel is missing from this description is that I find it very easy to understand large concepts. This is mentioned in a few of the other personality types, and it was mentioned throughout the test which I gave a strong yes to.

* Look at the suggested careers that your type of personality has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not? I am very excited for the careers listed under my personality type. My dream job, once I graduate from Hogwarts, is to be a Healer. I have talked about it since my first year because it is always what I wanted to do. In RL, I am also currently a caretaker as one of my jobs, and I absolutely love it. Not only am I in charge of medication management and meal planning, but I get to be around a wonderful lady who brightens my day just as much as I try to brighten hers. The other careers listed as a musician and artists, since I'm a dancer, I file that under artist, and I have been fooling around with my guitar that was gifted to me a few months back. I also play the piano. While I don't think I would go into these fields as a career, though dance was at the top of my list for the longest time until about 5 or 6 years ago, I certainly love to continue participating in them when I can. I don't know how I feel about being a professor, but I do want to study epidemiology which will, later on, include educating people on how to prevent the spread of disease and even potentially educating policy makers on what they can do to help out.

* Any other thought that you wish to share with us is very welcome! I read the personality type descriptions on the test site as well, and it's a little crazy how well INFJ describes me.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Prof. Saeir Darr
No broom

Postby Prof. Saeir Darr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm

I got INTJ which is what I expected. I've always strongly scored INTJ on any tests I take. But I think I have become less introverted over the years. After graduating college, life can be very, very lonely because it's hard to find peers your own age anymore to hang out with, which I think pushes people to act in a more extroverted manner just so they don't end up completely isolated. The rest of my INTJ scores are still ridiculously high and haven't changed.
I'm a female INTJ so there's also that. INTJ males are much more socially acceptable than female INTJs. So if you're female, you're probably pushed by social demands to act more "out of character" and become more extroverted. Stereo-typically for INTJ females, I ended up dating an INTJ male because those are the only males who can withstand an INTJ female and not feel the least bit intimidated or overwhelmed lol.
I'm a software engineer in real life which is also stereotypical of INTJs.
I'm already an HOL Professor so no surprises there either.
I would never have any interest in being a Healer. I can't stand blood 'n guts and disgusting bodily fluids and I hate needles. Astronomer and Potioneer would be ok, just not sure if I'm interested enough in those subjects or not.
Currently teaching: Magic on Ice: Figure skating!

Shadow Gaunt
No broom

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm

This is the first time I've ever taken a personality test.

*Which was the type of personality that you got? I got the ENTP personality type. Looking up at the responses I think I'm the only 'E' type.
*Do you agree or disagree with your results? Why? I partially agree but also partially disagree. I agree with the first and last parts. The first part is hat ENTPs are 'clever' and witty. I agree with that. Also, I LOVE to argue and debate, and it says that ENTPs love to debate. It also says that ENTPs have a perverse sense of humor and love cutting corners, especially in Reba to rules. That describes me quite perfectly. It also says that ENTPs have no patience for those who they perceive as unintelligent. Sadly, that is true and I often become snarky and scathing when those who I'm talking to start saying bad facts or information. At the end, the description talks about how ENTPs perceive the world as good, bad, or potential. That is quite true for me, however I have another type that I call "creepy". Finally, the advice the description says is to be straightforward with ENTPs which is quite correct. When talking to me, I wish for people to be straightforward or I become quite angry and irritated.
However, I disagree with the part of the description that talks about how ENTPs are optimists and are able to bond well with a close partner. I am not really an optimist, nor a pessimist. I believe myself a realist and stay with that belief for a long time. Also, I don't think I can be intimate with a partner, I am uncomfortable expressing emotions around other people.
*Which aspects of YOUR personality do you think were missing in the characteristics of the personality that you got? I think that an aspect of my personality is being spontaneous. I love the unknown and knowing that whatever you choose can do will have an impact on this world. Doing random things at random times and not having a schedule is a big part of my life. Chaos theory.
*Look at the suggested careers that your type of personality has. Do you like them or not? Which one is your favorite? Are you willing to research more about the other careers or not? A suggested career is working in the Ministry of Magic or being an Arithmancer/Ancient Runer (?). I like them all, however I also feel that if I go to the Ministry of Magic I'll chose the department of education. In fact I wish that I got a professor as a recommended career.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Resyarrina Elora (re1091) First Year of Ravenclaw.

Just finished my personality test and my result is ESFJ and according to the lessons, I am being a part of The Caregivers.
I never has the test like this before but after reading the description, i agree with the result. The traits mentioned in the description really suit me well, but i have to said that i'm not always doing something good for the others, i'm not that good, sometimes i did bad. But I'm quite affectionate, outspoken, cooperative and active members in committees, and maybe because of this, i'm quite popular in my circle.
I don't really sure if i really able to creating harmony in the lacking environment, but i really do better when feel praise and i object to abstract thinking or technical subjects.
And I do like things that can affect others in a direct or visible ways so overall this personality suit me well.

I don't like to be Healer or Librarian, but actually teacher is my dream job, i mention in my introduction before that i think i want to become a teacher.
I love if I can go around the Wizarding World, teaching different school every year! That will be amazing!
Or.. if I become Ministry worker, i would like to try the International Relation. That sounds interesting too..
But I still feel that i need more consideration before deciding my future career in this Wizarding World so i really need to research more.

Return to “Career Advice”