Introductions

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Moontrimmer

Introductions

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Dear students,

If you are enrolled in this class for the Fall Term 2017, please procede with our first Pet Discussion. This post is worth 10 points of your ASSIGNMENT 1.

Taken from the Class Website:

Please head to our Class Forum and introduce yourself to the rest of your classmates. Keep in mind that your introduction should include the following:

* Your name and HOL classes that you’re taking
* Your hobbies or any interesting fact about you that you want to share with the class
* Do you have a clear idea of what you want to do after you finish your magical education? Or are you still figuring out?
* Which is your favorite magical subject?
* Which is your least favorite subject or the one you find most difficult?

Please justify your answers and make your post at least 100 words long if you want to receive your complete 10 points. Thanks!

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: Introductions

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:06 am

First of all my name is Blade Johnson and I'm taking this year Career Advice: Planning your Future, Apparition License Class, Beginners Defense Against the Dark Arts, Earth Magic. I find most difficult Defense Against the Dark Arts, however The Dark Arts is something I do well in. I am also great with a wand.

When I'm done with Hogwarts I'm planning on joining a three year program that will help me become a magical astronaut. I wanted to work with werewolves, but I'm not good with Defense Against the Dark Arts. I guess I could also become the next Voldemort, since like I said I'm good with the Dark Arts.

Kezia Natasya
No broom

Postby Kezia Natasya » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi, everyone! I’m Kezia Natasya, a second year Ravenclaw. This year, due to my busy schedule in real-life, I’m currently only taking three classes: Transfiguration, Beginner Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Career Advice: Planning Your Future. I’m considering to take two more classes, but I’m not really sure.

I have a lot of hobbies. Some of them are hand-crafting, cooking, reading, and writing. I also like to be active in school organizations, clubs, or any other events. I think it’s fun to meet other people and work together on some kind of project.

Speaking of future, I don’t really know what I want to do after I finish my education. I think it’s only natural for someone who has a lot of interests like me.

For now, my favorite subject is Charms. I just think it’s fun to learn about spells and all that kinds of stuff! My least favorite one is History of Magic. I think it’s difficult and complicated. It’s funny though, because in real life I like to learn about history.

P.S. I’m sorry if this introduction is too long! Feel free to add me: ke1060. :)
"In diversity there is beauty and there is strength."

Olivia Thorneblood
No broom

Postby Olivia Thorneblood » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 am

Hello Fellow Class Members!
I am Olivia Thorneblood and member of Ravenclaw House. I have a variety of classes that I am taking. Besides this class, I am enrolled in Dragonology, Apparition License Class, Muggle Studies Fandom and The Her in Hero. You would think that I might have an idea of which direction I want to go in but I can't decide at this point.
I seem to be drawn to classes about Dragons so that might be a direction to pursue. I enjoy reading, relaxing at the beach and watching some muggle TV shows. Who knew they could be quite entertaining. I have had some least favorite classes over my school terms but I hope none of them are this term.
Good luck in class.

Shiloh Adlar
Oakshaft 79

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:34 am

Hello everyone! I am Shiloh Adlar, sixth year Ravenclaw prefect and RQT Co-Captain. This term I am also taking Care of Magical Pets, Arithmancy: Mathematics the Muggle Way, Marvellous Musical Theatre - Act 4, Survival, and I am finishing up my OWLs. There are a lot of things that I love to do, and at the top of that list is ballet. I trained for many years in a pre-professional division, so it literally became my life. I also love to read anything and everything I can get my hands on. I do a lot of volunteer work and this makes me very happy as well.

I decided a while back that I wanted to be a healer. For the longest time, I thought I might work at the Ministry of Magic with the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad. Then I thought I might like to work on the Janus Thickey Ward at St. Mungo's. I think I have finally decided that while both of those things are of interest to me, I may like working more in Magical Bugs and Diseases at St. Mungo's. Infectious diseases are a huge interest of mine, and I know quite a bit about magical creatures as well. I'm also a genius in herbology which is necessary to help in curing these contagions.

It's hard to choose what my favorite magical subject is, but if I had to pick, it would probably be between Potions and Herbology. Let's not even throw Alchemy in there because then I really couldn't choose. The subject I find most difficult is Divination, and unlike Hermione, it's not that I can't do it or that I don't have the "eye" for it. I actually do. On the contrary, I don't like delving into the future. I find that sort of thing best left alone.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Celeste Rivet
No broom

Postby Celeste Rivet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey everyone!
I’m Celeste Rivet and I’m currently a third year Ravenclaw. This term, and due to school threatening to take over my life this year, I will only be taking three classes being Transfiguration, Norse Myths and Legends (though I have yet to be confirmed for it), and this class obviously!
I enjoy quite a few hobbies honestly, most of which regard the performing arts such as theater, dance, and singing, and I absolutely love to read and write!
I’m still figuring out what I want to do when I finish my magical education, I tend to be pretty good at all my classes and enjoy most of them so that has definitely made my choice a tough one! I’m sure however that this class will help spread a little more light on what it is that I could do later on. Judging by my interest in the arts I could probably pursue a magical career in those fields or in writing or maybe even in mythology since I absolutely adore and yearn for all types of mythological tales and stories.
I don’t really think I have a favorite magical subject, but I do have a least favorite. My least favorite would have to be History of Magic but I do have a slight dislike for Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, and Divination. I guess you could say that I’m not much of a nature or animal person and I think that Divination is way too unpredictable and imprecise a science. As for History of Magic, well, as the saying goes, those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it, yet those who do study history are doomed to stand by helplessly while everyone else repeats it. Well in that case, ignorance is bliss.

Katelin Ross
No broom

Postby Katelin Ross » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Katelin Ross, and I am a seventh year member of Hufflepuff. I am a member of the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team and I am a Mini Prefect. The classes that I have decided to take this year are: Career Advice, Quidditch Chronicles, Treasure Hunt, Sign Language, and Survival. I absolutely love to read. Most of the time when I am not doing HOL work or real life work, you can find me reading. I would like to be a healer at St. Mungo's when I am done with my schooling. My favorite subject in school is History, and my least favorite subject is Divination.

I look forward to a fun end of my HOL student career! See you all in class!

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Zoki, for the awesome signature!!!

Return to “Career Advice”