Week 6-Moving Forward

Moderators: Sky Alton, Aurelia West

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Week 6-Moving Forward

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Well, we’re drawing near to the end of the activity but this is by no means the end of your time here on Hol. Whether you’ve been here for a month or over a decade, there’s years of fun, friendships and magic ahead of you. (Me, sappy? Never!)

The discussion this week is simple: for 10 beans, tell us about your hopes for the future here on Hol. Do you see yourself making it all the way through and passing your NEWTs? Maybe you’re just taking it one term at a time. For an incredibly easy extra 10 beans, let us know what you thought of this activity.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Re: Week 6-Moving Forward

Postby Will Lestrange » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:39 am

I'm hoping to see Slytherin win a House Cup after coming so close these past two years. As for NEWTs? I'm already sitting my OWLs... so I figure that once those are behind me, I definitely plan on graduating! And after that, it might be time to become a professor (I'll probably teach a class or 2 while still a student, though NOT this year ;)) - maybe even Head of House at some time in the future!

And as for the activity? It was exciting getting to play the games and to hang out with old and new HOLers! I wish the final party was at a better day/time for me, though..

Robin Blackwood
No broom

Postby Robin Blackwood » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Okay, so my future on HOL. I am quite positive right now and I do absolutely want to pass NEWTs and even more. I am also hopping that I would be each year higher Gryffindor student. Getting at least two quils per one year seems good enough and easy enough job for me. I am a little scared of OWLs and NEWTs; this means that I would need to be more careful and hard working these two years. And about other activities; I don't know right now, future will brings it.

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:19 pm

I was hoping to finish this school and get my OWLs and NEWTs, but since I can't get a fair shake on the OWLs, even though I did all of them and in my opinion stayed on topic for at least most of all the essays I will instead finish these two years and take a Harry Potter test I find around. Then I'm planning on taking different courses in a different school. However, I will still be around to do activities. At least that is how my future is looking right now, but things can always change. I am also hoping to go to the library soon so I can continue with my book bingo card.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
These activities were great. However, I think next time I'd like to see them be a little harder, because they were way to simple this time around. Most of them all you had to do was write things. Although I did like the extra challenge I gave myself of writing at least one hundred words for each. Apparently its easy for me to babble on and on usually. I especially liked all coming together and playing games over chat. In fact, I'd love to do that again at some point. Thank you Sky for doing this and being such a great host.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:55 am

I really enjoyed this activity. Thank you, Sky, Aurelia, Maxwell, Ariella, Kendra, Gail and Katelin for organizing Off to School and having lots of fun stuff to do. :)

I think it is, and was, a fun way to get into playing here at HOL without having huge expectations to meet. We got to go to all the different Houses, doing things that they had set up especially for Off to School and the Book Club and HOLLERS also participated with unique activities geared for all-person Off to School participation.

As for what will be going on here, in HOL Hogwarts, since there are a lot of activities going to be happening, I look forward to participation in them (or watching others participating or helping to organize the activity ... depending on the activity) and just generally having a good time.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 am

I think right now, I am focused on completing my OWLs. I unfortunately was only able to complete two last year due to RL getting in the way, but this year, I want to complete the other 10. I'm a sixth year, so I definitely see myself going on to take my NEWTs which is why passing my OWLs this year is so important. I also would like to see RQT win the quidditch cup again in the future, maybe this year? Who knows? :P Teaching three classes and assisting three will also keep me busy. I would like to develop another class as a part two to my current myth class. I've been wanting to do that for a couple of years now, and I've never gotten around to it. Eventually it will happen. I also would like to earn over 4000 points and be the top point earner in my house. This has been a goal of mine since my first year when I earned the most points for a first year. We'll see if I can manage it this year. I certainly am trying.

I really did like this activity! The Chat Parties were a lot of fun even though I know organizing them was probably a pain at times. I really enjoyed myself and it was a nice break in my day between volunteering and rushing off to work. I also think this activity gave a lot of people who are new to HOL more insight to what HOL is about and gave them the opportunity to make new friends which is great. Hopefully it will increase activity over all throughout the school year.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 am

This activity has been so much fun! I love all the little creative challenges we had and also having some challenges that I really had to sit down and think about. You guys did an AMAZING job! I can't wait for the next activity.

I am definitely taking my time at HOL one term at a time. My first set of hopes is just to stay on track and on top of things. I want to participate in all the fun activities like Book Club, HOLLERs, and all the events in the houses. I also want to pass all my classes each term. I would love to receive 5 quills this term.

I hope in the future to pass all my NEWTS. I also hope to be a great Quidditch player that makes the Eagles proud. :) Finally, I hope to win lots of fun awards

Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Postby Sirius Fudge » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:54 am

This year, I am looking to be involved in as much as many activities as possible, and will also try to enjoy every bit of it. But one month had already passed? :O Time flies really fast. I also aim to pass my NEWTs, but I also need to pass my Potions OWL before that. And I hope to meet more HOLers and chat with them. I think that would be it - having fun is the most important one. *nods*

Once again, congratulations to this activity! Ickles for sure felt welcomed through this activity. :)

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:18 pm

I just want to thank the organizers for this amazing activity. In many ways, this term has been a come back to HOL for me. Although I've been here for several years (a decade!!!), this term I decided to be more involved in whatever this amazing site and community has to offer and I 've been enjoying quite a lot. I loved all the activities you brought to us! Thank you very much!!

Regarding my future in HOL, I hope to continue participating in more HOL activities, Ravenclaw activities, and even try activities hosted by other Houses as well :) Continue teaching and taking classes, continue supporting the Book Club, and overall have lots and lots of fun, meet new people and friends :)

Return to “Off to School”