Week 6-Looking Back

Moderators: Sky Alton, Aurelia West

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Week 6-Looking Back

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:48 pm

We don’t all have a pensieve. So, how do we hang on to the magical memories we’ve been making? And where do we put all these moving photographs, Hogwarts express ticket stubs and tests with (nearly) perfect scores? Hmmm….

For 10 beans, make a collage or scrapbook page of stuff from your first month (back) and post it below by 30th September. You can do it for Hogwarts, Hol or mix the two together. Please include a brief explanation about what the different parts mean and why you included them. If you don’t fancy making a graphic, you could describe your page to us and list what you’d include and why. Remember, keep any graphics to 600 x 600 pixels or less!
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Re: Week 6-Looking Back

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Here is my lovely scrapbook page for Looking back. I broke it down into sections. You have the Hogwarts Express on the side because who doesn't love that train ride. At the bottom, you have the yummy Chocolate Frogs and Bertie's Botts Every Flavor Beans I had on the ride. In the middle, is what I received from my visit to Diagon Alley which would be my owl, wand, and some wizard money. The image on the side shows all the shops we stopped at. Above Diagon Alley, is where I was placed into Ravenclaw by the always amazing Sorting Hat. I have Quidditch at the top since I will be on the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team this year. Go Eagles!! Finally, in the upper left had corner are all the lovely witches I have become friends with in the short amount time I have been at HOL.

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:01 pm

That is such a nice scrapbook page Vanessa! :)

My collage is the following:

It represents all the things I've been doing this past month. In the center is my name of course. Then I have the "Off to School" activity represented with the 9 3/4 Hogwarts Express image. I also tried some Quidditch by participating in Ravenclaw's activity run by Shiloh Adlar. I have been also enjoying the fun participating in HOLLERS activity so that's why it has ballons to represent joy and fun. Finally, I've been participating in the HOL Book Club and I read Sabriel this first month.

Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Postby Sirius Fudge » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:42 am

Kudos to the scrapbooks above, Vanessa and Prof. Gus!

I already listed what I did the past month in the collage. I had fun overall. The castle presents going back to Hogwarts while the school trunks and suitcases present the different Off to School activities headed by Sky and Aure, as well as those in the different houses and the HOLLERS' series of puzzles. The deathday party presents the endless meetings I had with Shiloh and Rorey, as we prepare for an event this October. The demiguise presents the activity where I hid 15 fantastic beasts in the Sett and it had surprising results. Lastly, the books signify the classes I took, the HWs and ECs submitted as well as my assistance to Tarma's Charms class.

I had not included a picture of a Quidditch pitch but I had a fair share of time spent there, just practicing on my own since the official time is not practical for me. I guess I cannot practice Quidditch while asleep, but Kaitlyn proved it to be possible, so I'll look what I can do with that. It had been a productive month. Thank you Sky, Aure and the rest involved in organizing this activity. You did a great job welcoming and welcoming back everyone!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 am

What lovely scrapbooks. Well done, everyone! I was going to make mine all pretty like what you all have and it ended up looking messy so I redid it and here it is tidy and legible. :D

Things I did (many of those listed above are Off to School related) include botting for Off to School, signing up for classes, doing the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them month in the Sett with Fels, a Ravenclaw wordsearch, the Book Club and hanging out with Amy, Sky and Gus and doing things and being stubborn and finishing Sabriel, making a Gryffindor shield, signing up to teach some classes, doing a Off to School Fallen Letters in HOLLERS (and playing with Polaris to make up a bunch of challenges for that), doing a Slytherin Sudoku, making an 'Extra, extra!' graphic for this Off to School activity.

In addition to that, I read some books and searched for creatures in the Sett (that was Sirius' doing! :o) and botted more and got a most awesome class assistant ... and met a bunch of people and just basically had fun.
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:44 am

In this graphic, I have a phoenix that I drew for my Care of Magical Creatures class. I also have Giselle, a ghost I created this past month in order to prepare myself for a Deathday Party. I also put my class list, my current botting record for September, the activity I hosted in the Roost (RQT Recruitment Camp) with a cute golden snitch, and my new positions on HOL which I was promoted to right before I arrived at school and which I am very proud of.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Off to School”