Week 5-Celebrations

Moderators: Sky Alton, Aurelia West

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Week 5-Celebrations

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 pm

Whichever sport, game or challenge you’re competing in, it feels amazing to celebrate your victories or acknowledge your adoring fans. A lot of athletes and teams have their own ritual to empower them-think Usain Bolt’s ‘Lightning Bolt’ pose.

Imagine you’re a famous Hogwarts Quidditch player, debate club demon, wizard chess master or Gobstones champ. What chant, dance or pose would you use to celebrate your successes? You can either draw us a picture (stick figures are fine) or just tell us about it. Keep them Hol appropriate! You’ll earn 10 beans for submitting it before 30th September
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: Week 5-Celebrations

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:35 am

Well when I win something I usually do one of two things. I either do the "UnderTaker salute" or "The chain thing" The UnderTaker salute is me raising my hand up in the air in a fist, which is sort of like saying to everyone I'm the king so no one try to mess with me. Here's a picture of what I mean.

While "the chain thing", is when I pull down a invisible chain and then I just quietly say yes to myself.

I do both of these things in different setting. It just depends on how much of a boss I feel at the time and which one is more appropriate with what accomplishment I did.
Last edited by Aurelia West on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed image size

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:03 am

I like the Rocky 'dance'.

This is from the first movie, when he is first training and it's SO HARD for him and he's tired, and bit by bit by bit his endurance grows, his speed grows, and he can go further and further. And he runs up the steps, which before he'd simply not quite be able to do ... and attains the top!

Here he is, in his sweats, prancing in place with both arms held up over his head - victory!

"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Postby Sirius Fudge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:38 am

The Spiffies have these Hufflehug care of Maxim, where in celebration, they get to hug their team mates. Actually, it's not always about victories. It could even be seen as a simple encouragement to team mates.

In moments of celebrations, I tend to absorb the view of my team mates or the groups of persons I am celebrating with, seeing them hugging, crying, celebrating. I enjoyed that scene the most. And then, I would join in the celebration. Mostly, I would jump repeatedly, shout whatever the rest is chanting, and get squeezed in the end by everyone involved.

Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:10 am

So this is probably a bit silly but you have to understand one thing about me. I am a KLUTZ. I can be walking on a FLAT surface and my ankle will roll and I will fall. I did it a month ago carrying in the mail and scraped up my leg. I LOVE the Carlton dance because I can do it and injury does not ensue. The other part about why I love this for celebrations is because it always brings a smile to my face! How can you not love the Carlton dance? It just makes you happy and its very easy to do.

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 am

Why do I have to imagine I'm a famous Hogwarts quidditch player? I am a famous Hogwarts quidditch player. :P

My success would definitely be celebrated by a dance. I think I would, after a successful game, hop off of my broom and do at least 5 fouettes in a row. I say 5 because getting momentum on a grassy surface is very difficult to do. I've certainly tried it before. I may even add a grand jete in there because why not? For those of you who have no idea what these terms mean, they are all ballet terms. A fouette is basically a turn that includes a whipping movement of the free leg. If you know anything about Swan Lake, you know that fouette turns are magical and can be difficult to master, especially 32 in a row (that's my dream by the way). A grand jete is a big leap. That's when you see dancers jump high and basically stop at the top of the jump while doing the splits in the air. Maybe I would choreograph something one day, but for now, I'll stick to basics.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Off to School”