Week 3-Extra, extra!

Moderators: Sky Alton, Aurelia West

Sky Alton
Silver Arrow

Week 3-Extra, extra!

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:56 pm

There is nothing better than settling down in the best chair in the Common Room and leafing through your favourite wizarding periodical. Are you a prophet subscriber? A Quibbler devotee? A Witch Weekly devourer? Or maybe you’re looking for something a bit closer to home.

Let’s talk HOL’s very own house newspapers! Not only are they excellent reads full of great creativity and practical advice, they’re also a very effective way to earn some points.
Visit Gryffindor’s Paw Print
Slytherin’s SerpenTimes
Ravenclaw’s Alte Sententiam
And Hufflepuff’s Wizarding Times
to read previous issues and eagerly await the latest.

You should also get brainstorming ideas for articles of your own and keep your eyes open for the posts telling you when they’re ready for submissions (tip: the Great Hall is usually a good source and so are the dedicated forums on some of the Common Rooms). If you’ve missed the boat on one paper this time, wait until the next issue or try one of the others. Whatever you want to write about (sports, entertainment, recipes) or create (graphics, short stories, puzzles), you’ll almost certainly find a place for it.

In the meantime, have you ever seen or experienced anything you think is worthy of a wizarding newspaper? Perhaps you have a photo of something eerie or just plain beautiful? How about an anecdote or eye witness account of a bizarre happenstance? You can share it below by Sept 30th for an extra 10 beans! (Remember, upload any graphics to a graphics sharing website and make sure they’re 600x600 pixels or less)
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: Week 3-Extra, extra!

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:10 am

Well one thing all good newspapers need is a classified part so here goes a classified for some stuff I'm getting rid of. I am getting rid of a elf owl named Pidge. This owl is very funny and active. It is small and brown. Loves mornings and hot tea. He also loves entertaining people. If anyone would like him I'll give him away free, since I have way to many pets. Anyway come to the dungeons and pick him up anytime. All I'm asking for is a good home for him that he will be happy in and where he will find love.

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:42 am

I attended a Vietnamese/Pakistani wedding with a Dragon Dance!!!!

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 pm

So this is still one of my eeriest photos I have ever taken. I don't know what I did but that shark told me he was coming to get me. Then, as you can see, he smiled at me as he came closer. Thankfully, I was able to get away before anything could happen but what an experience.

Siobhan Sullivan
No broom

Postby Siobhan Sullivan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Some fireworks with some trees in silhouette. :)
To know you are ignorant is the beginning of wisdom.

Rowan Oswald
No broom

Postby Rowan Oswald » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:51 pm

The Feminist Mouse Circus. Never before had I witnessed a unicycling mouse.
Ravenclaw/\First Year/\They/Them pronouns

Shiloh Adlar
Oakshaft 79

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:41 am

I suppose this is some self-promotion for my hopefully up and coming column on vegan eats (focusing on raw vegan recipes). This is only one of my amazing dishes that you may or may not see at some point, but we definitely need more articles and columns of delicious food. And did I forget to mention, these recipes will have a magical twist! I mean, it is for a wizarding newspaper afterall.

Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:40 am

Image is of the Tardis sitting on a sandy beach next to a granite boulder (which appears to be half as tall as the Tardis). A small bluff, where the sandy beach ends, is behind the blue telephone box and sunlight hits the roof of the Tardis in a gorgeous glow.

Something I spotted at the beach last time I was there. Not sure if it qualifies as eerie but I thought it quite beautiful!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Off to School”