Hol can be a confusing place, even if you’ve been wandering around for a while. And what better way to discover some of the dustier and more interesting hallways than a top secret, fact finding mission?
To earn up to 20 beans (1 bean per correct answer), have a roam around the main Hol site and the forums to discover the answers to the questions below. Trust me, they are on there somewhere. If you are very new to HOL and struggling with any of them, please send me a private message (or find me in chat) and I’ll supply a few hints.
Once you’ve finished your exploration, report back to me by sending your completed quiz to hol.offtoschool @ gmail.com (without the spaces) with the subject line ‘week 2- Mission -HOL ID’. The deadline is September 30th and please remember to include your HOL name, ID and house at the top of the email!
Part 1, HOL
1. Name me a quidditch captain
2. Who is head of the Art Department?
3. How many awards does Prof. Amy Lupin have?
4. Could I do a search that just showed me the post graduate students?
5. How many categories are there on the HOL blog?
6. What’s my (Sky Alton’s) owl called?
7. What happens if you ‘Illuminate The Marauder’s map’?
8. Where would I go to view a list of all classes? (give me the URL)
9. Name a Hufflepuff Prefect
10. True or False? The chat client you can log into from the main page is called CGI
Part 2, the Forums
11. What type of posts belong in the forum ‘The Great Hall’?
12. Name me a member of the class committee
13. Who Moderates the forum ‘Music Talk’?
14. Which book will the Hol Bookclub be discussing during September’s Monthly Book Discussion?
15. What is the name of the special, bird themed points you can earn for completing challenges in Hollers?
16. On what date did Prof. Dario Brighton sign up for the Hol forum?
17. Where can you view all the new posts made since your last log in? (give me the URL)
18. Who can answer questions in ‘Ask a Prefect’?
19. What’s the first broomstick you can earn?
20. What’s the maximum size for avatars on the Hol forum?
Oh, before you go! I have another quick quest for you.
I was writing a letter last night and unwisely decided to use my Quick Quotes Quill. Someone bumped into the table just as I was signing off and sent the quill flying. I’ve no idea where it wrote itself off to but I’m terrified it might be scribbling on school property. Can you help me find the traces it left? I’ll give you an extra 15 beans!
Have a look around at my posts on the forum. I’ve hidden 1 of the 3 letters that make up my first name at the bottom of 3 of them. Tell me where you found the S, K and or Y (give me URLs if possible) and I’ll give you the 15 beans (5 beans per letter). You can either tack it onto the end of your mission email or send me another with the subject-line ‘Week 1-bonus-Hol ID’
The letters will look like this
S K Y
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)