Week 1-Ask Me...

Moderators: Sky Alton, Aurelia West

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Re: Week 1-Ask Me...

Postby Aurelia West » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:02 pm

I think I'd rather have the Marauder's Map because, as Professor Dumbledore states, there are other ways to make oneself invisible. Also, I'm not particularly one for spying, but in case I ever need to hide the Marauder's Map sure would help out a bunch.

What is your favorite tale by Beedle the Bard?

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm

My favorite tale from Beedle the Bard is the Warlock's Hairy Heart. I have always been a fan of stories that don't always have the happiest of endings at times.

What is the first store you would want to visit on your first trip into Diagon Alley?

Sachiko Murata
No broom

Postby Sachiko Murata » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Answer: I had never thought about this before, but knew the answer immediately: Ollivanders! I think it is safe to say that I would not feel like a proper witch until I got my wand. As such, I would rush to get one as soon as I got to Diagon Alley. Besides, I would be extremely curious to see which one would pick me! My best guess is: Rowan, Unicorn Hair, 9.5 inches, Reasonably Supple.

Question: My answer to the question above has left me curious about other people's wands. What's the story behind yours? Tell me it's specs (wif iood, core, length, flexibility), whether or not Pottermore assigned it to you, and if/why it matches your personality!

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Postby Sky Alton » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Mine is silver birch, 10 inches and with a joberknoll feather core. It's very light and has a natural curve but it isn't at all flexable. I made it myself during Professor Tarma's wand making class. I chose the wood myself while on a walk without any real idea of what the tree was: I just liked the balance of the twig. It turns out Silver Birch is very good with inspiration and friendship magic which suits me exactly because I'm a writer and also value friendships above nearly everything else.

Which magical building from the series would you most like to live in? (You could say Hogwarts but that would be a bit lazy...hehe)
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Sachiko Murata
No broom

Postby Sachiko Murata » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:39 am

Answer: Hogwarts will always be my first choice!
Second place goes to Mahoutokoro (魔法所), which is in my country! The palace is described as an exquisite pagoda, located at the topmost point of a volcanic island in the southern topical region of Japan, which honestly sounds heavenly. I also love that the school takes students from a young age, and that they get to ride a giant storm petrel for four years before becoming boarding students! Additionally, I would love to wear their uniform: the chronically high achiever in me would do anything in her power to turn it GOLD!

Question: Aside from Hogwarts, which is your favorite wizarding school? Why?

Return to “Off to School”