Off to School-That's a Wrap

Moderators: Sky Alton, Aurelia West

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Off to School-That's a Wrap

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:09 am

We’ve reached the end of the activity! (I can’t quite believe it but it’s true)

It’s been truly incredible to see all the participation from so many different HOLers, new and old . Actually, there are so many of you (well over 40) that listing you all was just too daunting a task but hopefully you know who you are!

It’s also really brought home just how important the community is to this place and all the things HOL has to offer those people in return. I hope everyone who took part, whether they did all the challenges or just a couple, found this useful or at least had some fun along the way. We’ll be collecting together all the stats for who did what and should be awarding you your well-deserved beans in the next week or so.

It wouldn’t have been possible without the people who helped put it together so massive, massive thanks to the rest of the team: Aurelia, Katelin, Gail and Kendra (and to head students Max and Ariella for lending their support). This really was a HOL-wide effort from people of all years and all houses.

Looking forward to seeing you all around the halls of HOL in the future!
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Tinderblast

Re: Off to School-That's a Wrap

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into planning and running Off to School, Sky! Thanks to Aurelia, Katelin, Gail, and Kendra for the puzzles and forum activities too! There was an excellent mix of tasks and it was nice to be on IRC for something non-Quidditch related. I wish I could have made it on for a round of Articulate, but I guess I'll have to wait until next time!

Great start to the year and see everyone around!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:03 am

Sky, thank you and your cohorts for coming up with this idea and corralling everyone into helping and putting on a great event. :)

I had a great time playing in the different Houses and on your IRC games. A good time all around!
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:05 am

Yes thank you Sky it was really fun. (even if I didn't get to complete everything.) It was a wonderful way to carry us through to the beginning of the new year/term.
Image RQT 2017/18

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Thank you so much for this activity! It was definitely a lot of fun. I still really liked the chat parties because I got to actually interact with people I normally don't have the chance to interact with, and it was wonderful! I would love to see something like this happen again next year. You did a fantastic job!
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:36 am

Thanks for running such a great activity! i'm sorry i didn't make it to any IRC events though

Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Postby Sirius Fudge » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 am

Congratulations Sky, Aure and the rest of the organizers! You did a great job organizing this big event. The ickles and returning students for sure had a blast.

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Postby Sky Alton » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Just to let everyone know that all beans should now have been awarded. If you think I haven't given you the right number or that you should have gotten some and didn't, please just drop me a message so I can double check. :D I now know that over 40 people took part

Also, thank you so much to everyone who's replied to this thread !
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:37 am

Thank you for all the lovely beans Sky and thank you for helping put together such a fun activity! I learned so much in these few short weeks.

Return to “Off to School”