Questions?

Moderator: Quidditch Board

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Questions?

Postby Will Lestrange » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:53 am

If you have any questions about SQL this year, feel free to ask them here or via email at quidditch [at] hol.org.uk .

If you have complaints, please email them to quidditch [at] hol.org.uk .

Either way, they will be reposted verbatim in the SQL officials forum and you will receive an answer in the forum (if you asked a question in the forum) or by email (if you used email).

The officials for SQL are:

Arielle Lemoyne
Prof. Cody Lewis
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Will Lestrange

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Re: Questions?

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Are games going to be Saturday and Sunday at 9 PM HOL time like last year?

Prof. Cody Lewis
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Cody Lewis » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Tentatively yes, but we won't know for sure until teams are sorted.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:25 pm

'Non-pro' players (those who have never played for their house team) will have a two-letter rule (one-letter for one-word answers).

What does this mean?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:50 am

Arianna Stonewater wrote:
'Non-pro' players (those who have never played for their house team) will have a two-letter rule (one-letter for one-word answers).

What does this mean?

Trivia Answer Rules in The Quidditch Handbook has a good explanation for the One-Letter Rule. Basically, read that and, for those people who can use the two-letter rule, plug that in.
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:58 pm

On the snitch schedule it has dates such as Sun 8/6, Mon 8/7, and Tues 8/8. The actual dates in August are Sun 8/7, Mon 8/8, and Tues 8/9. Is the day of the week or date correct for these matches?

Also, random question, but why are the matches in a random order? Is there a purpose to it that I'm not seeing?

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Postby Will Lestrange » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:31 am

Ashley Margaret wrote:On the snitch schedule it has dates such as Sun 8/6, Mon 8/7, and Tues 8/8. The actual dates in August are Sun 8/7, Mon 8/8, and Tues 8/9. Is the day of the week or date correct for these matches?

Also, random question, but why are the matches in a random order? Is there a purpose to it that I'm not seeing?

The two matches which had the wrong numerical dates have been updated to reflect the correct days (the days of the weeks were and are correct).

The matches are currently ordered the way they were made (which means they rotate through the groups). At the least I'll try and color-code the groups so it's obvious which matches correspond to which group.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:16 am

Question, I was in #quidditch this evening and saw that there was going to be a snitch match. I love watching snitch games, because I find them fascinating. Unfortunately the game was moved to another room with no warning even though it states http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28900 all games will be in #quidditch. Can I ask why and how often this is going to happen, so I don't waste more time checking the schedule to make an effort to watch games if they are just going to be moved anyways?
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Postby Will Lestrange » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:48 am

In past years, Quaffle and Snitch for SQL were done in the same room, #sql. This year, although we decided to use the regular rooms for SQL Quidditch, we initially thought we would continue with the SQL tradition of having everything in the same room. However, because we were using the regular season rooms, it made more sense to use them exactly as we used them during the regular season: #quidditch for Quaffle and #snitch for Snitch. During SQL, people are welcome to watch Snitch matches in #snitch.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:54 am

That's fine, but then post that since the earlier snitch match today was in #quidditch, so it seemed that this move was a last minute thought and no announcement was made in the room.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:13 am

You're right, it was a last minute thought amidst much confusion - we're sorry you didn't get to see the match.

As Will mentioned, from now on, all SQL snitch matches will be held in #snitch and be open to spectators :)

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:47 pm

August 20: 3rd place match
August 21: Championship

The teams for these games aren't listed yet. While I can figure out who is playing in each match, I was wondering which team is A and which team is B?

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:56 am

The higher ranked team in each game gets to choose whether they are team A (rotating) or team B (non-rotating).

Hot Potato has chosen A and Willaway has chosen B.

Return to “SQL 2016”