When You Reach Me - April Book Discussion

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

When You Reach Me - April Book Discussion

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:52 am

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. ~ Albert Einstein The World As I See It (1931)
Sixth grader Miranda coasts along at school and enjoys life, and all is normal. But then, of a sudden, her world changes with the receipt of a mysterious letter. She doesn't know what is happening, but, even though she wishes (in a way) that life would stay the same, she finds out that it doesn't. She also finds out that she is capable of acting upon what she knows to be true, no matter what others might think, and that she can help to make everything better.

How is this? Join us this month in reading When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead, and find out.

Here is a possible guide for reading the book. (No, it doesn't have chapter numbers! How awesome!) This is a guideline only; you might finding yourself gulping down this book in just a couple of sittings (I did). However it is, read at your own pace. Remember to post your thoughts and feelings in here when you finish that section.

1-7 April: Things You Keep in a Box - [to] Secret
8-14 April: Things That Smell - The Third Note
15-21 April: Things That Make No Sense - [to] Upside Down
22- 30 April: Things That Are Sweet - Parting Gifts

Have you read When You Reach Me before or is this your first introduction to it?

If inspiration strikes you, please feel free to share some of your own fan fiction, poetry, stories or fan art.

Do you have a favorite book you want us to discuss? Drop us an e-mail at hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (with the spaces removed), with your book suggestion.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Re: When You Reach Me - April Book Discussion

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 pm

I got this book from the library today! One of my first students for Journey of the Hero chose When You Reach Me for their project, so I have read it before (many years ago). I don't remember what happens at all, so let's see how long it takes me to figure out the plot again....

Return to “Monthly Book Discussions”