Fish in a Tree: Chapters 26-38

Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Fish in a Tree: Chapters 26-38

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 am

Chapters 26-38 of Fish in a Tree will be discussed in this thread.

Keisha tells Ally, "We’re not gonna fit in, but we’re gonna stand out". Would you rather fit or stand out?

Please remember to include spoiler tags where necessary.

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Re: Fish in a Tree: Chapters 26-38

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:32 pm

More than halfway through the book is when Ally asks Mr. Daniels, “But how come I can’t read?” It takes a lot of courage to admit that she wants help. Luckily, Mr. Daniels is studying special education and knows ways that he can help Ally.

The Skype scene to talk to Ally’s dad was very touching. It was obvious how much everyone misses him, especially Ally’s mom.

For this question: “If you had to be in a tank of water with a killer whale or a stonefish, which would you choose?” Killer whale, of course! ^_^
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Re: Fish in a Tree: Chapters 26-38

Post by Katelin Ross » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 am

The most memorable sections in the part of the book that stood out to me was when Mr. Daniels told Ally that he was studying to be a Special Education Teacher and that he would help her to learn to read. I was excited to hear this, as this is what I do for a living, and from the moment we were introduced to Mr. Daniels, I felt that he would be the one for Ally.

I also enjoyed the fact that in this section of the book, Ally is running for Class President. I am rooting for her to win!!

In answering this question, I would say fit in and stand out!

Return to “Monthly Book Discussions”