Return of the Weekend Write-in

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Sky Alton
Silver Arrow

Return of the Weekend Write-in

Postby Sky Alton » Sat May 13, 2017 10:29 am

Saturday is here again!

As with last time, this is just a place for you to drop by over the weekend (13-14 May), share any concerns, celebrate any triumphs or just hang out while you write (or think about writing). I’d love to hear how you’re getting on or what you’d like to see more of on here to help you through the rest of the month. (Feel free to drop me a message if you’d prefer!)

More Fun Stuff!
Some light-hearted activities to help your brain keep ticking over. Feel free to share how they went below.

A Fine Feast: You can find out a lot about someone from what they like to eat. Design the ideal meal of one of the people in your project: whether it’s a ten course banquet or just a chicken salad sandwich and a glass of milk.

Product Placement: Look around you and pick an item at random. Try and work that into your piece somehow. If your fantasy world or poem about the wonder of nature doesn’t have room for modern things like phones or pencils, then try and get creative and see if you can slip the brand name in.

Take a Chance on Me: Grab a dice (or find one online), roll it. Whatever number you get, times it by 10, then see if you can write that amount in a minute.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
"Without reading, we are all without light in the dark, without fire in the cold."-Tamora Pierce
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Re: Return of the Weekend Write-in

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Sat May 13, 2017 10:43 am

It’s raining where I am, which is the perfect weather for writing. At the time of writing this post, I’ve managed to get 372 words under my belt today. It might not be much, but considering I’ve found it difficult to get into the habit of writing this week, I’m rather pleased to have gotten some more writing done.

I’ve switched to writing a different scene in my current story, as I wasn’t too sure where to go from where I left off last weekend — but I do hope I’ll be able to come back to it at some stage.

As a matter of interest, do you plan your scenes or do you start writing based on an initial idea and then see where it takes you?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Nimbus 2001

Re: Return of the Weekend Write-in

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat May 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Something totally unexpected happened in the story.

I have NO idea where it is going.

I was busy working and suddenly this idea pops in my head of what is happening next. It had all flowed along, have idea, write, write more, flowing along and then

BAM

something happened which I hadn't anticipated.
*Siggy and Avatar from The Princess Bride*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....STILL."~Xaris

Return to “HolWriMo”